ECT What is Preterism

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Why won't you answer the questions?

Why do you ignore Matt 16:27?

Were there angels at the Transfiguration?

Was every man rewarded according to his works at the Transfiguration?

Why would Jesus tell them some of them wouldn't die, if the event was six days away?

SaulToPaul 2

Why do you ignore Matt 16:27?

Were there angels at the Transfiguration?

Why would Jesus tell them some of them wouldn't die, if the event was six days away?

:chuckle:

Peter saw the coming of the LORD. I know this makes you very angry!

Danoh

You weren't there.

So, you don't know better.

"for, before sun-setting, chariots and troops of soldiers in their armour were seen running about among the clouds, and surrounding of cities." - Josephus

"In the sky appeared a vision of armies in conflict, of glittering armour." - Tacitus

What is Preterism - a teaching full of holes.

As we see in this thread, the Darby followers cannot explain Luke 19:43-44 because it's a Death Knell to their Dispensationalism.

(Luke 19:43-44) The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44 They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.”

Notice how no Darby follower will address this passage.

Preterism's actual "bible" the writings of...

JOSEPHUS War of the Jews:
Book 7 - Chapter 1

NOW as soon as the army had no more people to slay or to plunder, because there remained none to be the objects of their fury, (for they would not have spared any, had there remained any other work to be done,) Caesar gave orders that they should now demolish the entire city and temple, but should leave as many of the towers standing as were of the greatest eminency; that is, Phasaelus, and Hippicus, and Mariamne; and so much of the wall as enclosed the city on the west side. This wall was spared, in order to afford a camp for such as were to lie in garrison, as were the towers also spared, in order to demonstrate to posterity what kind of city it was, and how well fortified, which the Roman valor had subdued; but for all the rest of the wall, it was so thoroughly laid even with the ground by those that dug it up to the foundation, that there was left nothing to make those that came thither believe it had ever been inhabited. This was the end which Jerusalem came to by the madness of those that were for innovations; a city otherwise of great magnificence, and of mighty fame among all mankind.

Are the towers there today?

If not please tell us when the three towers were destroyed ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were destroyed in an earthquake in 363 A.D.

He won't care. Josephus and spurious noncanonical "epistles" are on par with Scripture if and whenever they can be quote-mined to support preterism. If they can't, they are to be disregarded.

The basic assumption of preterism cannot ever be honestly examined. That's why rational discussion is impossible.

And so it goes with Tet's heavily invested in spirit of antichrist (same spirit or heart - an eagerness to make the truth of a thing a lie).

Fact is, external sources are NOT about "the things of God" only the Scripture is.

Fact is, external sources can only validate or disprove...external sources.

So declared God to Israel once more, through Isaiah, per Isaiah 8:20.

So said God to 1st Century Believers through Peter and Paul, per 2 Peter 3.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Peter saw the coming of the LORD. I know this makes you very angry!

Why would you being wrong make me angry?

The Transfiguration was not the Coming of The Lord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Peter saw a vision. And he called it the coming of the LORD.
I do not expect every event that is associated with the LORD's coming to be depicted in the vision.

Why do you?

The angels present at the proclamation of Christ's birth prove that His birth was His second coming.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You Darby followers can make up all the excuses you want, but the Transfiguration was not the Coming of the Lord.

(Matt 16:27-28) For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done.

28 “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

The above two verses are speaking of ONE EVENT.

Angels were not present at the Transfiguration.

Rewards were not given to all men at the Transfiguration.

Common sense (something that cannot be used with Dispensationalism) tells us that Jesus wouldn't tell a group of men that some of them would not taste death for an event that was six days away.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Peter saw a vision. And he called it the coming of the LORD.
I do not expect every event that is associated with the LORD's coming to be depicted in the vision.

Why do you?

There is only one "The Coming of The Lord".

You Darby followers have three:

1) Transfiguration
2) Rapture
3) Second Coming

iamaberean

Matthew 16
28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 17
17 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,

2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

2 Peter 1

17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

Do you believe it, or believe what men say about it?

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
Mat 25:32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
Mat 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: