ECT What is Preterism

Danoh

It is futile to argue with a preterist because they can answer any question by spiritualizing the context.
Thus, they can make up an answer to anything, no matter how absurd.

For instance:

Revelation 13:13 KJV
(13) And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Revelation 20:9 KJV
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Our resident mornic Darby hating preterist, Tet, just says that the below fulfills "fire from heaven".

A division of the Roman Army that attacked Jerusalem had a lightning bolt symbol on it's banners.
Tet then goes into his absurdity by saying that fire is sometimes referred to as lightning, so the symbol on the Roman army's banner represents the fire from heaven, and fulfills the scripture.

fire%20from%20heaven%20lightning%20bolt_zps6iupnllr.jpg

When you stoop to interpreting scripture in this way, you can make it say anything you want.
And the preterists take full advantage of any absurdity they can muster up (ie. make up).

Oh, and BTW, preterism says the cloud Jesus comes in is the Roman Army.
Cloud = Roman Army.
Fire from heaven = lightning bolt symbol on Roman Army banner.
TA DA! FULFILLED!

Scripture is true.
Preterism is a fairy tale of absurd assumptions.

You said it Tam :thumb:

Interplanner

You said it Tam :thumb:

I don't know about those examples but 'where there is a corpse, the vultures will gather' is a satirical reference to the Roman eagle. The corpse was Israel in the Jewish revolt.

The only sensible discussion here is the reasons Josephus gave for referring to the bizarre incidents he heard about or saw. Some of the things are recorded by Titus (the CO of the siege, not the NT person). You can't make dismissals of him or Preterism until you've done your own work on it. If it is any value, Pastor Peter Holford included most of it. None of it was countered by the person whom Holford was attacking--Thomas Payne, the anti-Christian essayist hoping to be done with the Christian faith once and for all.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know about those examples but 'where there is a corpse, the vultures will gather' is a satirical reference to the Roman eagle. The corpse was Israel in the Jewish revolt.

Yep.

You can't make dismissals of him or Preterism until you've done your own work on it.

The Darby followers purposely ignore history because they know history proves their Dispensationalism wrong.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep.

The Darby followers purposely ignore history because they know history proves their Dispensationalism wrong.

The perverter of the gospel of Christ, weighs in with his weasel spam, who, on record, asserts that you can be saved, even if you:

-deny the one time sacrifice for sins on the cross,

-claim the one time sacrifice for sins on the cross wasn't good enough for all sins,

-have "anti-Christ beliefs

Ask this little arms weasel about the above. Go ahead.

Are you going to deny it, AD 70/Preterist perverter, Craigie, with one of your numerous "I never said....You are lying about me....You misquoted me.."'s, that we later prove, by your own quotes, were more of your habitual lies, you obsessed, troubled troll?

Want to see your own, word for word, "in context," quotes, little framed "man?"

No, you don't.

Right Divider

Body part
As usual, avoid post-ers who are here to insult rather than educate.

It is a belief system in eschatology in which the most significant events happened very early in the launch of the church, mostly no later than the catastrophic destruction of Israel in 70 AD. Some of Preterism has a belief that the New Creation of 2 Cor 5 and Gal 6 actually refers to the completion of the switch from Judaism to the Christian community that would have taken place in the 70 AD event.
A thing of beauty. Starting with a FALSE PREMISE leads to complete and total confusion.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

If I was a Preterist, I would have no clue what I was supposed to be doing right now with my "Christian" life/walk. What instructions are written to me?

We are already in the new heavens and new earth. Everything is peachy.
The Kingdom is set. What should I be doing?

SaulToPaul 2

According to preterists, what was the abomination?

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Right Divider

Body part
According to preterists, what was the abomination?

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: )

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Come on STP!

It was a "spiritual" abomination of a "spiritual" desolation "spiritually" standing in a "spiritual" holy place and that they were to "spiritually" flee to the "spiritual" mountains!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If I was a Preterist, I would have no clue what I was supposed to be doing right now with my "Christian" life/walk. What instructions are written to me?

We are already in the new heavens and new earth. Everything is peachy.
The Kingdom is set. What should I be doing?

I'm sittin' under my own fig tree!

Of course....it is raining.

Glad I went up for the Feast of Tabernacles last year!

It'll make for fat figs!

Yikes! My laptop's gettin' wet! :(

Danoh

We're not even sure if Tet is saved. Why are we dealing with him on any other issue - this is the most important one.

His very soul may be at stake.

Despite his being an idiot who concludes we are being legalistic on this point.

Til he presents a clear understanding of that he is from this point forward on my ignore - NOTHING matters more than this issue - NOTHING.

Regrettably

ClimateSanity

We're not even sure if Tet is saved. Why are we dealing with him on any other issue - this is the most important one.

His very soul may be at stake.

Despite his being an idiot who concludes we are being legalistic on this point.

Til he presents a clear understanding of that he is from this point forward on my ignore - NOTHING matters more than this issue - NOTHING.

Regrettably

Salvation trumps all other issues. Agreed

john w

Hall of Fame
I will speak for Craigie, as he is busy, scrambling to his Russell/Hanegraaf/Gentry/Josephus/King/DeMars.................tapes/books/articles, in his dungeon, that his infallible men, he claims, taught him.

Darby....You are all in denial....No dispie, in the history of the universe, can/will answer my questions....As we see, dispensationalism is proven to be a false belief system, that cannot pass the test of the book of Josephus.....You are all in denial....Don't you believe the bible/God/"Jesus"/Paul/Peter, like only I do?....I believe Paul....You are in denial....All dispensationalists follow Darby...Dispensationalists have a theory that "All" does not really mean "all"....................You are all in denial....Fulfilled in Christ Jesus....Once again, no one, in the history of mankind, can answer me....Fleshly...Figurative....You really think that is literal???.....Josephus....Wiki....Darby....You are all embarrassed.....You follow the teachings of men, instead of women/aliens/me.....Darby....You are living in denial....Why do you follow the teachings of fallable men?.....Darby...Bullinger....Once again, no one in the history of TOL, can/has answer(ed) me....You are all in denial............You attend a man made church....You are living in denial....Dispies believe God made fleshly people.....Darby.....You are all embarrassed.....You are all confused....You are all wrong....The bible proves you wrong....Why are you all so embarrasssed?.....You're a Darby follower.....
Cricket....cricket...cricket...