Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery Babylon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECT: Mystery Babylon

    In the book of Revelation, Mystery Babylon takes a prominent place. Do you believe Mystery Babylon will physically be ancient Babylon? Or, does the "mystery" suggest a "type" of Babylon located elsewhere?

  • #2
    I believe it will be a literal city, Satan's counterfeit for the New Jerusalem which will come down from heaven.

    Originally posted by Interplanner
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    You're too literal to get it.
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think it represents a mind set in society, one of pride and egotism not a actual city but if I had to say it is a physical city in today's times I would say cern or whatever city the hedron collider is located.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by faded1 View Post
        In the book of Revelation, Mystery Babylon takes a prominent place. Do you believe Mystery Babylon will physically be ancient Babylon? Or, does the "mystery" suggest a "type" of Babylon located elsewhere?
        "Mystery" means it is hidden.
        "Babylon" is the home city of the first Diaspora for the children of Israel.

        At the time of the end, there will be a great (huge) city that will be the home of the largest population of Jews outside of Israel.
        This city will sit on the beast, which is a prophetic term for an empire.

        If you can figure out the mystery, which "Empire City" is the home of the largest population of Jews outside of Israel, you might be able to identify Mystery Babylon and the beast.
        Learn to read what is written.

        _____
        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

        Comment


        • #5
          I suppose a better way of asking is this: Do you believe Mystery Babylon is the Babylon identified as being in Iraq, or do you suppose it is Rome, Istanbul, Jerusalem, New York, Brussels, etc.?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by higherlevel energy View Post
            I think it represents a mind set in society, one of pride and egotism not a actual city but if I had to say it is a physical city in today's times I would say cern or whatever city the hedron collider is located.
            It is clearly and undoubtedly a city

            Rev 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
            Your issue is one of AUTHORITY. All heresy starts and ends where a person sets themselves above God's Word and becomes their own authority. It is disguised as "textual criticism" and "scholarship". All of it ends where the first lie began "Hath God Said?"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
              "Mystery" means it is hidden.
              "Babylon" is the home city of the first Diaspora for the children of Israel.

              At the time of the end, there will be a great (huge) city that will be the home of the largest population of Jews outside of Israel.
              This city will sit on the beast, which is a prophetic term for an empire.

              If you can figure out the mystery, which "Empire City" is the home of the largest population of Jews outside of Israel, you might be able to identify Mystery Babylon and the beast.
              America

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                America
                Nope. It is a city that sits on seven hills and its colors are scarlet and purple. It is Rome. Undoubtedly.
                Your issue is one of AUTHORITY. All heresy starts and ends where a person sets themselves above God's Word and becomes their own authority. It is disguised as "textual criticism" and "scholarship". All of it ends where the first lie began "Hath God Said?"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Choleric View Post
                  It is clearly and undoubtedly a city

                  Rev 14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
                  According to Isaiah, that refers to Jerusalem in the height of her rebellion.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Choleric View Post
                    Nope. It is a city that sits on seven hills and its colors are scarlet and purple. It is Rome. Undoubtedly.
                    Keep in mind the RCC is only a rip off of Israel's priesthood, down to the colors of their garments, etc.

                    The battle is with, against, and for a Jerusalem in the height of its spiritual - not political - rebellion, not Rome.

                    Careful there, or you'll end up one more variant of the error that is Preterism in all its shades.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                      America
                      America is an empire, not a city, and is represented in prophecy symbols by a beast.
                      Mystery Babylon is a great city that sits on a beast.
                      Learn to read what is written.

                      _____
                      The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                      ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        According to Isaiah, that refers to Jerusalem in the height of her rebellion.
                        Isaiah never confuses Babylon with Jerusalem.
                        These are completely different cities.

                        Babylon is the city of exile, Jerusalem is the city of promise.
                        Learn to read what is written.

                        _____
                        The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                        ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Choleric View Post
                          Nope. It is a city that sits on seven hills and its colors are scarlet and purple. It is Rome. Undoubtedly.
                          The scripture reads "And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains [NOT hills], on which the woman sitteth." Revelation 17:9ff (KJV) Ergo, not Rome.

                          Try this out:

                          Vs9 = America

                          Vs12 = "Along with the five permanent members, the Security Council has temporary members that hold their seats on a rotating basis by geographic region. In its first two decades, the Security Council had six non-permanent members, the first of which were Australia, Brazil, Egypt, Mexico, the Netherlands, and Poland. In 1965, the number of non-permanent members was expanded to ten." . Wiki'd.

                          Vs18 = NYC, the financial capital of the world: ". . . .the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. Revelation 18:2-3 (KJV)
                          "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Choleric View Post
                            Nope. It is a city that sits on seven hills and its colors are scarlet and purple. It is Rome. Undoubtedly.
                            that was not a mystery
                            a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                              Isaiah never confuses Babylon with Jerusalem.
                              These are completely different cities.

                              Babylon is the city of exile, Jerusalem is the city of promise.
                              Isaiah 10:5 O Assyrian, the rod of mine anger, and the staff in their hand is mine indignation. 10:6 I will send him against an hypocritical nation, and against the people of my wrath will I give him a charge, to take the spoil, and to take the prey, and to tread them down like the mire of the streets.

                              Isaiah 10:11 Shall I not, as I have done unto Samaria and her idols, so do to Jerusalem and her idols?

                              Isaiah 23:17 And it shall come to pass after the end of seventy years, that the LORD will visit Tyre, and she shall turn to her hire, and shall commit fornication with all the kingdoms of the world upon the face of the earth.

                              Nothing changed about that...

                              Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X