Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECT: JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF FOUNDED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Comments or Questions?
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

True. But he did that in Genesis 12. And Abraham was not in Rome.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
      True. But he did that in Genesis 12. And Abraham was not in Rome.
      You must have missed the future tense of Jesus' declaration in Matt. 16:18: "I WILL build my Church." Try again.
      "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

No denying he will rule from Jerusalem. Keep trying.
        Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
          You must have missed the future tense of Jesus' declaration in Matt. 16:18: "I WILL build my Church." Try again.

Hi and I see that YOU finally believe that " I WILL BUILD " is in the FUTURE TENSES and now when does that FUTURE TENSES become operative is your PROBLEM and the Future tense was not 2000 years , or 1500 years AGO as your timing is WAY OFF !!

dan p

Comment

Comments or Questions?
            Not true. If it were true, then today your church would be preaching the Grace Gospel, given to Paul by the Ascended Christ. As we see, it doesn't even come close.

Comment

JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF FOUNDED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
              I believe so, yes.

Comment

Where in the Bible does it say, Christ started "The Catholic Church? Give us some Scripture buddy?

Comment

Comments or Questions?
                  No, He did not. See all my posts on TOL, here, "www.fidelity.com," and Genesis-Revelation, here,"www.biblegateway.com,"not your "preferred man made doctrine."

So there. You've been teaching us that for years on TOL, shill-we learned that from you.

That is how you debate this Roman shill on TOL-just feed him back his own sophistry.
                  Saint John W

Comment

Comments or Questions?

Then he started the church with Paul Acts 9:6 KJV - Acts 9:15 KJV - Acts 13:2 -

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                      Then he started the church with Paul Acts 9:6 KJV - Acts 9:15 KJV - Acts 13:2 -
                      The Holy Catholic faith is Pauline, indeed. The Catholic faith recognizes Romans-Philemon as unqualified Scripture, right up there with the Law and the Prophets.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick M View Post
                        No denying he will rule from Jerusalem. Keep trying.
                        Nope, Mt. 16:18 says nothing whatsoever about Jesus "reigning from Jerusalem." Rather, Christ himself declares that he will "build his Church," which he then proceeds to do by choosing and appointing apostles, who then ordained bishops to carry on their (the apostles') own ministry of guiding and teaching the faithful in Christ's own name and by his very authority. Your ecclesiology is simply and hopelessly unbiblical as well as unavoidably unChristian.

Comment

Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                          Hi and I see that YOU finally believe that " I WILL BUILD " is in the FUTURE TENSES...
                          I always have.

...and the Future tense was not 2000 years , or 1500 years AGO as your timing is WAY OFF !!
                          The opinions that you have been fed by your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                            Not true. If it were true, then today your Church would be preaching the Grace Gospel...
                            The Catholic Church has always declared the Christian Gospel handed on to her by Christ and the apostles, namely, that we are saved by grace through faith in the redeeming sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Indeed, Christ's one historic Church was preaching just that message for fifteen centuries before a single Protestant (non-Catholic) managed to stumble onto the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                              Where in the Bible does it say, Christ started "The Catholic Church?
                              HERE you go.

Comment

Working...
                              X