ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Last edited:

Interplanner

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions are welcome. Please no, I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

thanks

The object of a person's faith is what justifies them from their sin. Of course, it is necessary to honor Christ for justifiying us, but first we must honor him by realizing His work alone justifies us from our debt.

When you see a person who doesn't seem to take this very seriously, it is because he has been lead to think that he is supposed to have a transformed life, and that's the start and finish of the matter, and he's ambivalent. No amount of telling him to be transformed will do it. No wrangling over bad translations.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The object of a person's faith is what justifies them from their sin. Of course, it is necessary to honor Christ for justifiying us, but first we must honor him by realizing His work alone justifies us from our debt.

When you see a person who doesn't seem to take this very seriously, it is because he has been lead to think that he is supposed to have a transformed life, and that's the start and finish of the matter, and he's ambivalent. No amount of telling him to be transformed will do it. No wrangling over bad translations.

Time has sure proven your statement to be true. But I do think that those who you were addressing "are" being called or they wouldn't want to be correct about understanding Christ so bad. So even if they get really defensive, I will still shout out the truth to them, even if they have their hands over their ears.

I liked your first line about the object of a persons Faith. It's crazy that pisteuo being from the Greek, almost a perfect language, is so hard to get people to understand. But Faith in Hebrew , one of the worst languages, paints a perfect picture in their two words for faith. "The running to the shelter of a mother bids wings," "And to lean on a staff with all your weight behind it." The object of our Faithing is Christ, "the staff", with all our weight behind it. And it's a hundred percent of our life we commit to Him, surrender to Him.

Danoh

I suspect you'll be approaching this issue based on how much, say, the gospel of John emphasizes the distinction(s) you are referring to.

In which case, you will meet with some resistence on the part of some (myself included).

Not so much out of refusal nor out of the misunderstanding you are erroneously concluding might be the case accross the board as to why all might not concur with you in the way you are proposing things.

Rather, out of the understanding by some of us of the dynamic in place within, say, John's or James' narrative, etc.

John, et al, including Paul, must be viewed in light of, and this side of, a proper understanding of things this side of Rom. 3:21.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Again, there is a dynamic that - misunderstood - can only keep you from seeing the obvious - the exegetical fallacy you have obviously labored under as you have approached this issue, attempting to sort it out.

Reminds me of that once famous faither group "The Navigators" theirs had also been the "gone south" that many end up at as to James 2.

Still, lay out what it is you are going to. I'd like to see the rest.

For whether or not I am off as to where I suspect you are coming from, I'm certain I'll learn something of use - I often do, regardless of post, or Post-er.

Thanks for the ear.

Bradley D

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1) My favorite scripture on faith. The faith of a Christian is to be so strong that it has substance (assurance)and the evidence (conviction). There is no question whatsoever in our belief. To believe is pisteuo "to obey."

Danoh

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1) My favorite scripture on faith. The faith of a Christian is to be so strong that it has substance (assurance)and the evidence (conviction). There is no question whatsoever in our belief. To believe is pisteuo "to obey."

That passage is referring to what had sustained that chapter's exemplars - a commitment to believing a thing true despite all seeming "evidence" against there even being any "hope" given the circumstances they had found themselves in.

In this, it is much like the principle related in the parable of the sewer who sewed seed and the various grounds it fell on.

There is a principle similar within Paul's writings (Romans thru Philemon).

But in Paul's writings, though the principle is the same, its application DIFFERS. See Romans 5.

Interplanner

I hope that one of your--Faithers--paragraphs is about how Gal 2:20 is in an objective sense; 'pistis' there is the actions of Christ. Not a believer's 'perfect' faith. There it means 'accomplishment' 'fulfillment of duty' 'loyalty' 'completion.' Paul played on the word. The believer 'is crucified' by depending on Christ's accomplishment; he supposes he preserves his own life by depending on his law-keeping, per the rest of Galatians. All this is about a re-surgent Judaism, and needs to be read that way.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I suspect you'll be approaching this issue based on how much, say, the gospel of John emphasizes the distinction(s) you are referring to.

In which case, you will meet with some resistence on the part of some (myself included).

Not so much out of refusal nor out of the misunderstanding you are erroneously concluding might be the case accross the board as to why all might not concur with you in the way you are proposing things.

Rather, out of the understanding by some of us of the dynamic in place within, say, John's or James' narrative, etc.

John, et al, including Paul, must be viewed in light of, and this side of, a proper understanding of things this side of Rom. 3:21.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 3:26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Again, there is a dynamic that - misunderstood - can only keep you from seeing the obvious - the exegetical fallacy you have obviously labored under as you have approached this issue, attempting to sort it out.

Reminds me of that once famous faither group "The Navigators" theirs had also been the "gone south" that many end up at as to James 2.

Still, lay out what it is you are going to. I'd like to see the rest.

For whether or not I am off as to where I suspect you are coming from, I'm certain I'll learn something of use - I often do, regardless of post, or Post-er.

Thanks for the ear.

Lets see if we can agree on the simple definition of the word, "pisteuo".

vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Do you agree with the Greek dictionary , and that this definition is correct?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I hope that one of your--Faithers--paragraphs is about how Gal 2:20 is in an objective sense; 'pistis' there is the actions of Christ. Not a believer's 'perfect' faith. There it means 'accomplishment' 'fulfillment of duty' 'loyalty' 'completion.' Paul played on the word. The believer 'is crucified' by depending on Christ's accomplishment; he supposes he preserves his own life by depending on his law-keeping, per the rest of Galatians. All this is about a re-surgent Judaism, and needs to be read that way.

No jumping ahead interplanner.LOL

Just so we understand each other. Do you agree with the Greek definitions of the word "pisteuo"?

Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

I need to establish this definition of "pisteuo" as to how we first turn and walk towards Christ. So really in the beginning and where I want to start, the Spirit of Christ, Christ, and His word and not ours yet.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

You being a soldier, is surrendering to someone or something after doing everything you can, "not" to surrender, an act of obedience?

Pisteuo has no roots in obedience.

musterion

I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

thanks

Lets see if we can agree on the simple definition of the word, "pisteuo".

vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Do you agree with the Greek dictionary , and that this definition is correct?

Idiot.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I was under the impression this was a discussion site with rules that apply to us all. I'm certainly not above having a bad moment, and posting something out of bounds. But I hope and expect the rules would be be followed and monitored.

Is this an acceptable response here on TOL?

And please correct where musterion posted that I said "I don't accept the Greek definitions."

musterion

I was under the impression this was a discussion site with rules that apply to us all. I'm certainly not above having a bad moment, and posting something out of bounds. But I hope and expect the rules would be be followed and monitored.

Is this an acceptable response here on TOL?

When someone is being idiotic, you'll find that it is. You contradicted yourself. That's idiotic for someone portraying himself as all-wise in all things pisteuo.

And please correct where musterion posted that I said "I don't accept the Greek definitions."

There's nothing to correct. I simply quoted what you said. Just as I quoted Strongs in response to you the other day. You immediately dismissed it, and me, with "Oh, so you're one of those." And here YOU go quoting both Vine and Strong.

Newbie tip for you: don't even TRY to play put-upon victim here when you're called out on nonsense. It don't fly on TOL.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions are welcome. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions comments from anyone."

thanks

musterion

I took that as a typo. It seemed you intended to say, "Please know, I do not..." etc, but rushed and misspelled "know" as "no."

If that is not what you intended, I withdraw my protest but it is not my fault I did not understand you.

So why did you dismiss me the other day when I quoted Strong?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Here, I'll quote it again.

LOL, you should use your gifts for good. I never thought anyone would see that in any other way than I intended. I made the changes, let me know if you get another wrong understanding. Your use of colors are really impressive in how you misrepresent, nice! LOL

So im not welcome here on TOL? Because I'm an "idiot"?

musterion

let me know if you get another wrong understanding.

Try typing better.

So im not welcome here on TOL? Because I'm an "idiot"?

I've seen people here contradict themselves even worse than you SEEMED to do there. HAD that been an actual contradiction instead of sloppy typing, then yes, it would have been idiotic.

As to who is welcome on TOL, that's up to Knight. As to who is welcome in conversation among some of us, it depends on what Gospel you believe. So please tell me, if you don't mind: what must a sin-convicted lost person do to be saved? Be as detailed as you like. Thanks.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I took that as a typo. It seemed you intended to say, "Please know, I do not..." etc, but rushed and misspelled "know" as "no."

If that is not what you intended, I withdraw my protest but it is not my fault I did not understand you.

So why did you dismiss me the other day when I quoted Strong?

Ya, I'm having a lot of problems the last two days with my posts. I'm having to correct every sentence I'm writing. Ever since the new format. Anyone else having problems?

Anyway, if you repost the definitions your referring to, I'll comment on them.