Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHY I DO NOT FOLLOW JESUS !!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Then you will believe that once a person believes he receives eternal life, as witnessed by what the Lord Jesus said here:

    "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
    (Jn.5:24).

    What the Lord Jesus said there is either true or it is not. Since He says that those who believe receive eternal life then there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that those who believe receive eternal life. And notice that He only named believing and nothing else in order to receive eternal life.

    Do you think that it takes something besides faith in order to receive eternal life??
    Jas 1:22

    But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
    Heb 4:2
    For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dodge View Post
      I as those who want to follow God will stay with what Jesus taught !


      Mar 1:15
      And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.


      Rev 3:19
      As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
      Your failure; your loss of reward one day.

      Shine your shoes to a high gloss all you want, you are NOT Army (Israel) you ARE Marine (Body).

      Yours is to take that Beach head.

      Yours is not the Army's instructions after the Marines do their thing FIRST.

      What time is fulfilled?

      Is that an OT thing?

      Believe what good news there?

      To who, when?

      Instead, you read Army instructions into your responsibilities as a Marine.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Danoh View Post
        Your failure; your loss of reward one day.

        Shine your shoes to a high gloss all you want, you are NOT Army (Israel) you ARE Marine (Body).

        Yours is to take that Beach head.

        Yours is not the Army's instructions after the Marines do their thing FIRST.

        What time is fulfilled?

        Is that an OT thing?

        Believe what good news there?

        To who, when?

        Instead, you read Army instructions into your responsibilities as a Marine.
        There is no special people anymore for those blood related to Abraham.

        The only blood that matters now are those who are related to Jesus' shed blood on the cross.
        Oh how I love the Word of God!

        Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
          Then you will believe that once a person believes he receives eternal life, as witnessed by what the Lord Jesus said here:

          "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life"
          (Jn.5:24).

          What the Lord Jesus said there is either true or it is not. Since He says that those who believe receive eternal life then there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that those who believe receive eternal life. And notice that He only named believing and nothing else in order to receive eternal life.

          Do you think that it takes something besides faith in order to receive eternal life??
          Why is it that madists say we do not have to obey what Jesus said when he walked the earth, and that it was only for the Jews---but as soon as they think Jesus said to the Jews that they do not have to obey---the madists say see Jesus says we only have to believe.
          Oh how I love the Word of God!

          Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DAN P View Post
            Hi and what verse is that ?

            WORKS prove your repentance in Acts 26:20 !!

            dan p
            It is the scripture you referenced.
            Oh how I love the Word of God!

            Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
              Where do we find the word "repent" here:

              "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).
              Ask yourself what Jesus wants us to believe.
              It is about forgiveness of sins.
              How do you think you just have forgiveness of sins if you do not repent of your sins?


              Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

              Not only that, do you know that John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus?

              The people had to repent of their sins before Jesus would come to them.

              John the baptizer prepared the way for Jesus. He came preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins (Luke 1:76-80).


              76 And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High;
              for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him,
              77 to give his people the knowledge of salvation
              through the forgiveness of their sins,


              We are still to confess that we are sinners, and to repent, to prepare the way for Jesus Christ to live in our heart.



              Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

              Where do we read the word 'repent" here?:

              "And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).

              Where do we read the word "repent" here?:

              "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth" (Ro.1:16).

              Again, believe what? We have to believe we have forgiveness of sins through Jesus. That includes repenting of those sins.
              And all the scriptures that say ‘believe’ they do not nullify all the scriptures that say ‘obey’.
              Oh how I love the Word of God!

              Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                Your failure; your loss of reward one day.

                Shine your shoes to a high gloss all you want, you are NOT Army (Israel) you ARE Marine (Body).

                Yours is to take that Beach head.

                Yours is not the Army's instructions after the Marines do their thing FIRST.

                What time is fulfilled?

                Is that an OT thing?

                Believe what good news there?

                To who, when?

                Instead, you read Army instructions into your responsibilities as a Marine.
                All you have proved is that you have deceived yourself.

                Jas 1:22

                But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
                Heb 4:2
                For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dodge View Post
                  All you have proved is that you have deceived yourself.

                  Jas 1:22

                  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
                  Right on. Since he is a madist, tell him the scriptures where Paul says that too:

                  Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

                  1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men
                  Oh how I love the Word of God!

                  Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                    Hi and it does not matter , , the New Covenant could not be inforced , BECAUSE Israel was set aside and Luke 13:6-9 proves it !!
                    I took a break

                    Why do you believe this parable proves Israel was set aside? What are the 3 years and the 1 year?
                    Wretched man that I am.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by turbosixx View Post
                      I took a break

                      Why do you believe this parable proves Israel was set aside? What are the 3 years and the 1 year?

                      Hi and Luke 13:6-9 is not a PARABLE , but a prophecy and just ONE of many !!

                      When Luke was written , Jesus had 3 years of ministry and Jesus asks the FATHER , I need another year as written in verse 8!!

                      dan p

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X