ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said that forgiveness is reciprocal and to the extent we forgive others we ourselves are forgiven.

This is the grace of God as I put the spin on it. I would gladly offer many scriptural proofs of this grace as taught by Jesus, but I might find myself again "on alert" for being characterized as blasphemous and disruptive.

It is always puzzling and curious to me why scriptural evidence I offer fails to even register to most of the posters on TOL.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why don't you answer the questions and respond to the scriptures I post?
Based on my own experience, it is often difficult to engage in the necessary hermeneutics to find out what a particular passage meant to its original authors and audiences.

We often take a lazy approach and interpret a verse or a passage through our own post-modern lens.

Unfortunately, it's just easier to do.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus said that forgiveness is reciprocal and to the extent we forgive others we ourselves are forgiven.

This is the grace of God as I put the spin on it. I would gladly offer many scriptural proofs of this grace as taught by Jesus, but I might find myself again "on alert" for being characterized as blasphemous and disruptive.

It is always puzzling and curious to me why scriptural evidence I offer fails to even register to most of the posters on TOL.

You need to accept the fact it is circus here.

God's Truth

Based on my own experience, it is often difficult to engage in the necessary hermeneutics to find out what a particular passage meant to its original authors and audiences.

We often take a lazy approach and interpret a verse or a passage through our own post-modern lens.

Unfortunately, it's just easier to do.

Just read the scriptures and believe.