ECT Forgiving and Forgiveness

God's Truth

God's UNtruth is doing satan's job for him.

What better way to keep people from turning to the Lord for salvation? Everyone knows they can't keep all the commandments....especially after the Lord came and explained exactly what that meant. They had to be perfect as the Father in Heaven is perfect. Not even have one bad thought. God's UNtruth is hard at work as an enemy of the cross. She should be limited to posting in the Back Alley.

What kind of bad thoughts do you think is acceptable?

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 KJV is a syllogism. Verse 9 says it is the unrighteous (key to understanding what Paul is saying here) that shall not inherit the kingdom of God and lists the things which the unrighteous were identified as, but the conclusion (the good news to those in the BoC) is VERSE 11! You leave verse 11 out because you want salvation to be about what we do or don't do, but it's NOT!

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Those in the Body of Christ are not "unrighteous", but have the righteousness of God upon us!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Do you have the righteousness of God upon you?

So then, if someone says they believe in God and Jesus but they do not obey Jesus, are they saved?

God's Truth

God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), so the answer is yes! ANYONE can be saved today!

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

I think you know that was not the question.

Can a person who says they believe in Jesus live their life as an adulterer?

God's Truth

Yep, as is anyone who perverts the gospel of Christ by adding a requirement to salvation.

Jesus made a requirement:

Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

That scripture is about Jews talking Christians into believing they have to get circumcised and observe special days.

God's Truth

Amen heir. Works salvationist are a big faction on TOL apparently. But those of us who believe the real Gospel cannot back down and let them take over. Even if we disagree on other doctrine, the Gospel is the power of God into salvation and it needs to be the real Gospel.

You do not know the love, power, and life in obeying Jesus. If you knew, you would be preaching obedience too.

Danoh

1 Corinthians 6:

9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

12. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

In other words, lost people live as they please, and although this side of Grace, all things are lawful, not all things are expedient; as a result, they were not to allow themselves to live as the lost do, for that is how the lost live - they have no boundaries.

Compare verse 11 with verse 20...

11. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

20. For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

As he had had to remind the Galatians - "...ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh..." Gal. 5:13.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I preach what Jesus says and you say I preach another Jesus.

You are the one who preaches another Jesus.

When Jesus walked the earth he said believe and repent of your sins.

That is the Jesus I preach.

You preach another Jesus.
2 Corinthians 5:16 Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So then, if someone says they believe in God and Jesus but they do not obey Jesus, are they saved?
When one has trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation they are saved and sealed and NOTHING can change that!

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Corinthians 6:

9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

12. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
She can't see it `1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Amen heir. Works salvationist are a big faction on TOL apparently.
Unfortunately, yes.
But those of us who believe the real Gospel cannot back down and let them take over. Even if we disagree on other doctrine, the Gospel is the power of God into salvation and it needs to be the real Gospel.
I'm glad you can see the gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. Keep preaching IT! You can come around to the knowledge of the truth soon ;)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Glorydaz and many others here think they are sinless too. However, I believe I am sinless because Jesus washed away my sins, and I obey Jesus. Glorydaz says she is sinless, and that even when she sins she is sinless.

You show you just do not know enough.

You claim to 'obey' but when asked how you're being
obedient, you don't know. You don't know the answer.
Nobody on TOL agrees with you. You're all alone, with
your false doctrine.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is amazing that so called saved and true Christians dismiss Jesus' simple command of Lord's prayer.

Lord's prayer is exhibiting humble attitude. That's what Jesus and Christianity is all about.