THE UNIQUE HISTORICAL LEGACY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arsenios View Post
    But you seem to think that these local Churches were under obedience to the Church in Rome, Italy, in the first Century? I would be interested in your first century evidence for this, especially when a thousand years later, when Latin Rome tried to INSERT its DOMINANCE over the Eastern Communion of Churches, that it utterly failed...And Herself miscarried 500 years later...
    Yes, the assumptions and opinions that you have derived from your chosen non-Catholic doctrinal tradition are noted. I'll simply reply by recommending that readers consider this, this, this, and this. Be well.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
    +T+
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

So what is the legacy the RCC has left us __ since day one, whenever that was?
      "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

"This message is hidden because Cross Reference is on your ignore list."
        "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

So far not a single substantive Protestant counterargument or disproof of the facts listed in the OP. Very telling.

Comment

Crucifixated said,

Jesus promised, "I will build my Church [not "churchES"],
            --------------------------------------------------------------

Then why do you have so many Churches ???????????

---------------------------------------------------------------

-- In 10 years there will be NO MORE CATHOLIC CHURCH --

Comment

Originally posted by OCTOBER23 View Post
              Crucifixated said,

Jesus promised, "I will build my Church [not "churchES"],
              --------------------------------------------------------------

Then why do you have so many Churches ???????????

---------------------------------------------------------------

-- In 10 years there will be NO MORE CATHOLIC CHURCH --

Hi , and you HIT them and they will never have answer as that EKKLESIA is a Jewish Nation !!

The EKKLESIA that Paul speaks to is a BODY !!

They have no where to GO , DO THEY ??

DAN P

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
                Consider the following facts regarding Christ's one historic Catholic Church:
                At least quote the source.

Just sayin'.

AMR
                Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
                Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
                AMR's Randomata Blog
                Learn Reformed Doctrine
                I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
                Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
                Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
                The best TOL Social Group: here.
                If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
                Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
                  At least quote the source. Just sayin'.
                  I provided a link directly to the primary source at the bottom of the OP. You must have missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by October23 >
                    In 10 years there will be NO MORE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
                    Your tacit claim that Jesus Christ either lied or was mistaken in Matthew 16:18 is noted.

Comment

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
                      Jesus Christ does NOT do the building of the church...
                      Is this the confession of YOUR church?

I can tell you it is NOT the confession of the Orthodox Church...

When it IS true, the Church within which it IS true, FAILS...

"If God buildeth not the House, in VAIN do we labor..."

Arsenios
                      Arsenios

Comment

Yes, the assumptions and opinions that you have derived from your chosen non-Catholic doctrinal tradition are noted.

Not notably responsive, mind you...

I'll simply reply by recommending that readers consider this, this, this, and this. Be well.
                        Thanks for the links...

Arsenios
                        Arsenios

Comment

Not notably responsive, mind you...
                          I know. I just didn't want to open a can of worms that we've both probably already sorted through for ourselves. So I simply provided a few sources for interested readers. Be well.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
                          +T+

Comment

From the first sentence of the article:

"After the western Roman Empire collapsed in A.D. 476,
                            the eastern half continued under the title of the Byzantine Empire
                            and was headquartered in Constantinople."

Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire to Constantinople, and then Rome, Italy, was overrun by barbarians and dropped into the deep abyss of the Dark Ages of Europe...

It was the Romans who ruled the Roman Empire in the East for the next thousand years from the capital of the Roman Empire in Constantinople... The west was written off as untenable, and while the West perished, the East flourished, a thriving Christian civilization... It was never known as the Byzantine Empire, and indeed, when its time came to an end in the 15th Century, the Turks regarded themselves as the new RULERS of the ROMAN Empire...

It is only western scholars who refer to the East as the Byzantine Empire... And the shame is that it is the ONLY Empire on earth (save the Chinese Dynasties, perhaps, and far eastern ones, like Korea and Thailand) that has EVER lasted a thousand years... And it is only NOW finally become an object of serious scholarship in the west... Byzantine Studies is finally becoming an item of scholastic enquiry, and its roots in the Christian Faith are being investigated by some...

So I am inviting you to be aware that there are two sides of this history, and that they do not accord, and that western history and eastern history need reconciliation...

Russia did indeed become the 3rd Rome for the Orthodox Faith, until dismantled under the Atheists, and now the battle has shifted to the USA...

So I invite you to keep your mind open to a very different history...

Arsenios
                            Arsenios

Comment

So I invite you to keep your mind open to a very different history...
                              I've been through it all, having studied these things in depth years ago. And, of course, I would likewise invite you to keep your mind open to a very different history as well. God bless.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
                              +T+

Comment

From the first sentence of the article:

"After the western Roman Empire collapsed in A.D. 476,
                                the eastern half continued under the title of the Byzantine Empire
                                and was headquartered in Constantinople."

Constantine moved the capital of the Roman Empire to Constantinople,
                                u may be right but I don't read "historical" accounts written by posters here or anywhere else, to speak of.

we all know how history gets distorted based on the "historian's" bias

I trust CATHOLIC accounts of Church history and no one else's. The way i see it.. If someone is dishonest enough to NOT be Catholic after studying Church history for X number of years, he is a liar

Comment

Working...
                                X