No announcement yet.

THE UNIQUE HISTORICAL LEGACY OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Catholic Church is not exclusively the Body of Christ.

See the Catechism, section 460.
    "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by republicanchick View Post
      that's the KoolAid you've been fed

___
      Whatever. It never had bearing on much of my interest on the more important issues.
      "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
        the one built on a rock
        The rock is the Son of God, not Peter. It's the idea that we are the children of God, not Peter is the rock. The Catholic Church is not exclusively the Body of Christ. You don't believe all Catholic doctrine, so why die on this hill? ( Annihilation is not Catholic doctrine.)
        "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by elohiym View Post
          The Catholic Church is not exclusively the Body of Christ. See the Catechism, section 460.
          And yet, one must first be placed in a sacramental relationship (i.e., Baptism) with the Catholic Church in order to be considered a member of the Body of Christ (Catechism, par. 838).
          Last edited by Cruciform; April 18th, 2015, 04:15 PM.
          "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

Originally posted by elohiym View Post
            The rock is the Son of God, not Peter. It's the idea that we are the children of God, not Peter is the rock.
            Addressed and answered here and here.

You don't believe all Catholic doctrine...
            I certainly do.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
            +T+
            "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
              And yet, one must first be placed in a sacramental relationship with the Catholic Church in order to be considered a member of the Body of Christ (Catechism, par. 838).
              Yes this is one of the RCC 's apostate doctrines, neither Christ or His disciples taught it.

The RCC is not that church of which Christ spoke "thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My church" Look at the difference between Peter's doctrine when dealing with Simon Magus who thought the gift of God could be bought and sold with money and the doctrine of the pope at the time of the reformation who sought to uphold the practise of buying and selling forgiveness.

The structure of the RCC with it's clergy and hierarchy built as you rightly say upon sacraments and not simple faith in Christ is apostate and corrupt.

Time will come when those who truly belong to the Lord must come out of her for she will be destroyed.
              One lavished upon in the Beloved
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                Yes this is one of the RCC 's apostate doctrines, neither Christ or His disciples taught it.
                Christ and the apostles certainly did teach that salvation comes through the Church that Jesus founded. Try again.

The RCC is not that church of which Christ spoke "thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build My church."
                Already answered---and corrected---in Post #20 above.

Look at the difference between Peter's doctrine when dealing with Simon Magus who thought the gift of God could be bought and sold with money and the doctrine of the pope at the time of the reformation who sought to uphold the practise of buying and selling forgiveness.
                Already answered here.

The structure of the RCC with it's clergy and hierarchy built as you rightly say upon sacraments and not simple faith in Christ is apostate and corrupt.
                ...according to the opinions of your chosen entirely non-authoritative recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway.

On the other hand, see this, this, and this.

Time will come when those who truly belong to the Lord must come out of her for she will be destroyed.
                See just above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
                +T+

Comment

He saith unto them, "But whom say ye that I am?"

And Simon Peter answered and said, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."

And Jesus answered and said unto him, "Blessed art thou, Simon bar Jonah, for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 16:15-17 KJV)

Jesus addressed Simon by the Hebrew name Simon bar Jonah because Jesus was about to reveal in Hebrew that they were peter.
                  That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast, the males shall be the LORD'S. (Exodus 13:12 KJV)

The word "openeth" and the word "firstling" are both the Hebrew word peter.

Jesus was telling his disciples that they were peter, the firstborn.

Comment

We have come directly to Christ from Him we received forgiveness of sin and new life through the cross by the Holy Ghost.

This is the bible way as simple as it is true.

Catholics transfer this to receiving the sacraments and their sins remain nor do they receive new life, no change takes place in them, they leave the mass as they came.
                    One lavished upon in the Beloved
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamie View Post
                      The word "openeth" and the word "firstling" are both the Hebrew word peter. Jesus was telling his disciples that they were peter, the firstborn.
                      Answered---and corrected---here and here.

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                        We have come directly to Christ from Him we received forgiveness of sin and new life through the cross by the Holy Ghost.This is the bible way as simple as it is true.Catholics transfer this to receiving the sacraments and their sins remain nor do they receive new life, no change takes place in them, they leave the mass as they came.
                        Again: ...according to the entirely non-authoritative opinions you've been taught by your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
                          Answered---and corrected---here and here.
                          I don't look up here and here nor there and there.

My experience with you is that here and here refers to someone else's words, not your words. This indicates to me that you only believe what men tell you to believe and not what the NT says.

Comment

I don't look up here and here nor there and there.

My experience with you is that here and here refers to someone else's words, not your words. This indicates to me that you only believe what men tell you to believe and not what the NT says.
                            Though certainly unique, I wonder if Crucy thinks the historical legacy of the RCC is good a legacy?
                            "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

Paul was a Roman citizen and evidently spent his last years in Rome. Paul never mentions a "catholic" church or a visit with his friend Peter.

I believe I know why.

Comment

Paul was a Roman citizen and evidently spent his last years in Rome. Paul never mentions a "catholic" church or a visit with his friend Peter.

I believe I know why.
                                do you know why they named it peter and not paul?
                                a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Comment

Working...
                                X