ECT To all of you cessationalists

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I should have checked this sooner. For some reason (which I think I can guess), most translators from the KJV on put that as "healed" when it is actually a form of sozo, which in pretty much every other case is translated "saved." <-- click that

So this verse not only puts another hole in pentecostalism, it also puts an even BIGGER one in Calvinism (which I suspect had/has something to do with the choice of "healed"). Paul saw the man -- an unbeliever --heard Paul preach and as a result had the faith to be saved. For Calvinists, that won't do.

The bigger and more terrifying issue is how so many Bible translators opted for "healed" or "made whole" when they translated the SAME word as "saved" elsewhere. I would not want to be in any of their shoes come the Judgment.

interesting to know, that deserves attention - :readthis:

Word based mystic

Then why mention it at all?

Money --> mouth. Roll the video.

see even now you put the worst and most evil perspective for those that are obedient in praying and believing.

The words of our testimony is one of the ways to defeat the enemy.

praising God for answering prayers has now become evil in your sight.

taking God at his word by praying the our Father prayer is now a point of heresy to you.

Believing that the believer has access to His riches in glory (NOT MONEY) is now evil.

Supplying all our needs accordingly is no longer a valid scripture
if it has to do with physical needs or answers to prayers.

Unbelief that God does not desire to answer righteous prayers is a sad excuse for not putting yourself on the line by asking.

it shows an insecurity that your prayers won't be answered.
it also shows a lack of understanding of how God loves his children body, soul and spirit.

musterion

Wycliffe, from the 1300s:

9 This heard Paul speaking; and Paul beheld him and saw that he had faith [the which beholding him, and seeing for he had faith], that he should be made safe

OCTOBER23

*I think that CROSS REF is a SENSATIONLIST FIRST.

**** Later that night I awakened in terrible pain. I tried to separate myself from it, but this time I couldn't. I was too weak, too exhausted. I felt empty and hollow, and the intensity of the physical pain increased my enormous sadness over the things I'd experienced in the previous months. There was no comfort for me, I thought. None. I had never experienced such total anguish.

musterion

see even now you put the worst and most evil perspective for those that are obedient in praying and believing.

The words of our testimony is one of the ways to defeat the enemy.

praising God for answering prayers has now become evil in your sight.

taking God at his word by praying the our Father prayer is now a point of heresy to you.

Believing that the believer has access to His riches in glory (NOT MONEY) is now evil.

Supplying all our needs accordingly is no longer a valid scripture
if it has to do with physical needs or answers to prayers.

Unbelief that God does not desire to answer righteous prayers is a sad excuse for not putting yourself on the line by asking.

it shows an insecurity that your prayers won't be answered.
it also shows a lack of understanding of how God loves his children body, soul and spirit.

Video?

I am not wrong for asking.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[/YELLOW]

excellent post andyc ! ! ! i WAS a doubter long ago, 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV, - i pray for that "state of rest" - "knowing" Christ Jesus/God and His Spirit for everyone. it's a contentment, not "wanting" more of this world, needing only God and what God provides, Amen.

oh, i forgot andyc is a "tongue" speaker ? charismatic ? i suppose it is possible, i do believe in the power of prayer and answered prayer; Paul prayed constantly and tells us. i do not see many of the "gifts" today - :sleep:

musterion

If "cessationist" means "You don't believe God can miraculously heal today," then I am not a cessationist. As I've said before, I am personally 100% convinced that God can and does and will heal directly and instantly if He chooses to do so. I am convinced of that from my own experience but primarily because there's not a word of Paul's letters that precludes it.

What I do not believe is (a) that He has guaranteed or promised such to the Body of Christ, nor (b) that He still uses healers per the Acts era sign gifts.

Last edited:

OCTOBER23

Mustardseedman seed,

Acts 14:9 The same heard Paul speak: who stedfastly beholding him,

and perceiving that he had faith to be healed,

What I do not believe is (a) that He has guaranteed or promised such to the Body of Christ,

nor (b) that He still uses healers per the Acts era sign gifts.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ezekiel 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them:

for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like Mustardman is WRONG because JESUS HEALED and the Apostles did the same.

Psalms 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psalms 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.

---------------------
BE SAVED