Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH"---not "churchES"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ECT: "I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH"---not "churchES"




    THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: The only Church that Jesus Christ personally & historically founded. All other "churches" were
    founded by mere men.


    "The Christian Church in Scripture & Early Christian Testimony"
    Last edited by Cruciform; March 3rd, 2015, 06:43 PM.
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

  • #2
    JESUS BUILT HIS CHURCH

    BUT UNFORTUNATELY IT IS NOT YOURS.

    LOOK AT ALL THOSE STATUES THAT PEOPLE PRAY TO AND LOOK UP TO.

    SPIRITUALLY BLINDED PAGANS WILL MISS THE MARK .

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
      [INDENT][IMG
      That's terrible!
      "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, the catholic church, but not the Roman Catholic version of it.
        "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

        "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

        Pro scripture = Protestant

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
          Yes, the Catholic Church, but not the Roman Catholic version of it.
          It's the very same Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---unlike your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Christian sect, which was invented by a mere man during the past few centuries.



          Gaudium de veritate,

          Cruciform
          +T+
          "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
            [FONT="Georgia"]It's the very same Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---unlike your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Christian sect, which was invented by a mere man during the past few centuries.
            You are delusional.
            "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

            Comment


            • #7
              "This message is hidden because Cross Reference is on your ignore list."
              "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cedarbay
                This does not seem to have a charitable Lenten tone.
                What is "uncharitable" about discussing the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself? Is truth, then, somehow "uncharitable"?
                "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

                Comment


                • #9
                  ''I will build my ecclesia''. The term church is an abomination and leads to the idolatry of buildings, creeds and denominations.
                  I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

                  "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

                  I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
                  A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
                  If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

                  Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

                  I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Truster View Post
                    ''I will build my ecclesia''. The term church is an abomination...
                    Ecclesia means "community," "assembly," or "congregation." That's the basic meaning of the English term "church." Take your pick. It makes no essential difference whatsoever.

                    ...and leads to the idolatry of buildings...
                    How exactly is a building supposedly "idolatrous," aside from someone actually worshiping a building? Your claim is nonsense.

                    ...creeds...
                    The Christian Church has always had and followed creeds. There are creeds contained in the writings of the New Testament itself! Try again.

                    ...and denominations.
                    Denominations are traceable directly back to the 16th-century Protestant Rebellion, and include your own chosen recently-invented man-made sect.



                    Gaudium de veritate,

                    Cruciform
                    +T+
                    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
                      What is "uncharitable" about discussing the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself? Is truth, then, somehow "uncharitable"?

                      Because it turns in that direction due to your willful ignorance, elitism and otherwise, irrational disposition.
                      "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
                        It's the very same Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---unlike your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Christian sect, which was invented by a mere man during the past few centuries.



                        Gaudium de veritate,

                        Cruciform
                        +T+
                        Sorry, but you do err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.
                        "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

                        "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

                        Pro scripture = Protestant

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
                          Sorry, but you do err not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.
                          Now go ahead and post your proof for this bare assertion.

                          Back to Post #5.
                          "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cruciform View Post



                            THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: The only Church that Jesus Christ personally & historically founded. All other "churches" are
                            founded by mere men.


                            "The Christian Church in Scripture & Early Christian Testimony"
                            Then why doesn't it bear his name? Or even the members? By calling yourself catholic, you are dividing Christ.

                            NAME:
                            2 Cor. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God
                            Gal. 1:13 For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God
                            Rom. 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

                            PEOPLE:
                            Acts 11:26.... and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
                            Acts 26:28 Agrippa replied to Paul, "In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian."
                            1 Pt. 4:16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.
                            Wretched man that I am.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by turbosixx View Post
                              Then why doesn't it bear his name? Or even the members? By calling yourself catholic, you are dividing Christ.

                              NAME:
                              2 Cor. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God
                              Gal. 1:13 For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God
                              Rom. 16:16 Greet one another with a holy kiss. All the churches of Christ greet you.

                              PEOPLE:
                              Acts 11:26.... and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
                              Acts 26:28 Agrippa replied to Paul, "In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian."
                              1 Pt. 4:16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.

                              Good question!! But he won't answer it? He is incapable of doing so. He worships the idol RCC.
                              "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X