Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
    There's a lot of confused posters around here Dan. They need
    to start reading/studying the writings of Paul! (Romans--Philemon!)
    Ya' know? I've noticed that!
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Originally posted by heir View Post
      The Lord already had his 12 men (Matthew 10:1-4 KJV) preaching the gospel of the kingdom/ the kingdom of heaven is at hand and later Matthias replaced Judas being numbered with the eleven (Acts 1:25-26 KJV) restoring the number of them to 12 who were preaching a gospel and will in the future judge the twelve tribes of Israel (Matthew 19:28). So then you have to ask yourself:

Why Paul?

Why did the Lord have to appear to Paul Himself if this was all the same good news?

Why not just send one of the 12?
      Interesting question, but remember that there are not two gospels. There is only one way to be saved, through faith in Jesus Christ.
      "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 ESV

God sent Peter, James, John and Paul. God sends each of us to proclaim the same gospel, there is only one gospel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timotheos View Post
        Interesting question, but remember that there are not two gospels.
        There are not (as in: are not presently today), but the there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible.
        There is only one way to be saved, through faith in Jesus Christ.
        Actually, it's by and through the faith OF Jesus Christ.
        God sent Peter, James, John and Paul.
        Peter, James and John were not sent to us (Matthew 10:5 KJV). Paul was sent to us Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV).
        "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 ESV
        Believing who Jesus Christ is, is not enough to save anyone today.
        God sends each of us to proclaim the same gospel, there is only one gospel.
        What gospel would that be?
        Last edited by heir; January 9th, 2015, 06:30 AM.
        2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

There are not (as in: are not presently today), but the there is certainly more than one gospel in the Bible. Actually, it's by and through the faith OF Jesus Christ.
          Peter, James and John were not sent to us (Matthew 10:5 KJV). Paul was sent to us Acts 22:17-21 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV).Believing who Jesus Christ is, is not enough to save anyone today.What gospel would that be?

"But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
          Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
          And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
          That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
          If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
          Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus."
          Philippians 3:7-12 (KJV)

That is the substance of the gospel preached by Paul. It was of his life __ the very same life by the faith OF the son of God he attained unto by his obedience and gift of God.
          "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
            Yes. So where did I go wrong?
            You didn't go wrong. You were born wrong, under a curse from Adam. You just reject being made right. You think you can correct yourself. And for that, Moses will be your accuser.
            Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

• Originally posted by Timotheos View Post
              God sent Peter, James, John and Paul. God sends each of us to proclaim the same gospel, there is only one gospel.
              Peter - You were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, be careful to maintain your faith, endure trials, and at the end you will have your sins blotted out.

Paul - You were crucified, buried, and risen with Christ. Your sins have already been blotted out. Live as though you have already been resurrected.

Same Lord, same shed blood, different requirements, different timing of atonement, different eternal purpose, different inheritance.
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
              You're too literal to get it.
              The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                Peter - You were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, be careful to maintain your faith, endure trials, and at the end you will have your sins blotted out.

Paul - You were crucified, buried, and risen with Christ. Your sins have already been blotted out. Live as though you have already been resurrected.

Same Lord, same shed blood, different requirements, different timing of atonement, different eternal purpose, different inheritance.
                In perfect harmony with the scriptures

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

In perfect harmony with the scriptures

So is this from Paul:

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
                  In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
                  If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister"
                  Colossians 1:21-23 (KJV)
                  "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

So is this from Paul:

"And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
                    In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
                    If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister"
                    That's not an endure to the end to be saved message, but to be grounded and settled for reward. Come on, CR. CONTEXT!

Comment

So is this from Paul:

It's about rewards, being blameless at the judgment seat.
                      It's not a threat about losing salvation.

Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

Colossians 1:10 That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Colossians 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Colossians 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Comment

• [QUOTE=SaulToPaul;4178979]It's about rewards, being blameless at the judgment seat.
                        It's not a threat about losing salvation.

"If" in this, covers a lot of territory. Perhaps your definition of salvation might be helpful?

"For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them".
                        2 Peter 2:21 (KJV)

Seems Peter and Paul agree.

Comment

"If" in this, covers a lot of territory. Perhaps your definition of salvation might be helpful?
                          One is saved when their sins have been forgiven, the Holy Spirit has baptized them into Christ, and sealed them unto the day of the redemption of their body.

Comment

• Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                            One is saved when their sins have been forgiven, the Holy Spirit has baptized them into Christ, and sealed them unto the day of the redemption of their body.
                            Don't argue with me. Argue with the scriptures I posted.

Comment

Seems Peter and Paul agree.
                              Except that Peter is referring to falling away from the hope of a future salvation, and Paul is warning against being blamed at the judgment seat.

Comment

Don't argue with me. Argue with the scriptures I posted.
                                You asked my definition of salvation, I gave it.
                                I don't understand the bitterness.

Comment

Working...
                                X