ECT What's MAD?

john w

Hall of Fame
He'd rather believe a fable than the words on the page of the Bible.
I don't get it, fella, these intellectual Howard Sprague types full of unbelief.

I think he has been hangin' around, like Howard, with too many "Millie" types, Mayor. Wonder why the called it "Mayberry RFD," then, squirt?

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't know, saint john. I believe RFD means Rural Fire Department, but I don't know how that ties in to the show. Puzzling...

I believe it meant Rural Federal District, Mayor, but you might be right, as that would be a good place to play checkers, since Wally's was closed down, Wally being indicted/prosecuted in a massive prostitution ring, along with the Morrison sisters.

Interplanner

Poor IP. Too many books, and not enough of THE BOOK, hath made him a looney tune.

Both Peter and Paul validated the necessity of good works; that strengthens, not weakens, the necessity of Christ's doing his for our sake. We are saved by good works: Christ's, not ours. It is called the righteousness of God for justification from sins.

It's when we do them to put God in debt to us that we are loons. We are to do them because God has blessed us first, which I think the centurion realized, as did others. There was already one centurion who admitted he was the Son of God at the crucifixion. Words gets around; this is not that much later.

Jerry Shugart

Can a MAD rep please explain their doctrine, specifically salvation? Keep it to a paragraph and please supply scripture.

First of all, MAD stands for Mid-Acts Dispensationalism. We in the MAD community say that the present dispensation began during the mid Acts period of time. Here are three quotes from the pen of Paul where he speaks of a "dispensation" that has been committed or given to him:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you"
(Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God"
(Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me"
(1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace." And that gospel was not preached until the mid Acts period of time.

In regard to salvation, in the following verse the Apostle Paul sums up how all people are saved:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all" (Ro.4:16).​

Down through time all those who have been saved have been saved by "grace" and this salvation is received by "faith."

SaulToPaul 2

Both Peter and Paul validated the necessity of good works; that strengthens, not weakens, the necessity of Christ's doing his for our sake. We are saved by good works: Christ's, not ours. It is called the righteousness of God for justification from sins.

It's when we do them to put God in debt to us that we are loons. We are to do them because God has blessed us first, which I think the centurion realized, as did others. There was already one centurion who admitted he was the Son of God at the crucifixion. Words gets around; this is not that much later.

:chuckle:

Rationalizing gets you nowhere, become a believer.