ECT NO, THE BIBLE IS NOT THE CHRISTIAN'S ONLY AUTHORITY

genuineoriginal

When are you going to recognize you are dealing with a computer that is full of a virus, a "worm" that eats away at its ability to compute common sense and programed to reply only a certain way? Notice, its replies never change making it all to be a lost cause except maybe for one to hone his skills on how to deal with stupidity..

Are you claiming that Cruciform has failed the Turing Test?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"THE BIBLE, NOT ORAL TRADITION, IS OUR ONLY AUTHORITY!"

Why do you keep trying to justify yourself? Fighting old battles that no one is fighting any more.

When we are led by the Spirit, authority doesn't come into it. We're not like little children, you know, 'Daddy, can I go to the toilet please?' It's getting tiresome. Can't you just grow up?

oatmeal

For any that are interested, Cruciform asserts that he has answered a question I asked in at least three different posts.
Let's see what you think. Here is the question I originally asked.

Here are the "answers" Cruciform has provided. First, post 66.

Here is post 87.

And here is post 94.

Did Cruciform answer the question I asked?

Cruciform, like the RCC, as a system, in general, would rather skirt the issue than deal with answering questions.

Your request was valid.

Since C and the RCC makes such claims, it is reasonable and logical for them to show line by line and verse by verse why such claims are valid

For the RCC the word of God is a crutch, for believers, it is the word of life. Philippians 2:12-16

Cruciform

...Fighting old battles that no one is fighting any more.
Those who genuinely care about truth and are adequately informed concerning their beliefs---and those who care at all about the unity of the Christian Church---can hardly ignore such vast doctrinal differences and pretend that they somehow don't exist.

It's getting tiresome. Can't you just grow up?
Feel free to post elsewhere.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Cruciform, like the RCC, as a system, in general, would rather skirt the issue than deal with answering questions. Your request was valid. Since C and the RCC makes such claims, it is reasonable and logical for them to show line by line and verse by verse why such claims are valid.
Post #99.

For the RCC the word of God is a crutch, for believers, it is the word of life.
Your patented False Dilemma Fallacy is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

PhilipJames

Hello oatmeal,

what in scripture do you actually base your beliefs on?

Very little

We base our beliefs on and in Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, Himself! And HE dwells in HIS Church!

The scriptures testify to HIM as does HIS Church!

How sad that so many search the scriptures, trusting that in them they have eternal life, yet they refuse to come to HIM and receive that LIFE.

You too, oatmeal, are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace!
PJ

Cruciform

what in scripture do you actually base your beliefs on? Very little
In point of fact, Catholics base their beliefs on the totality of Divine Revelation (God's word), which is comprised of both Scripture and Tradition (2 Thess. 2:15; 1 Cor. 11:2; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15).

Cross Reference

Hello oatmeal,

We base our beliefs on and in Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, Himself! And HE dwells in HIS Church!

The scriptures testify to HIM as does HIS Church!

How sad that so many search the scriptures, trusting that in them they have eternal life, yet they refuse to come to HIM and receive that LIFE.

You too, oatmeal, are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace!
PJ

He might be, though I doubt it. Invitation notwithstanding, he wouldn't wear the wedding garment.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is the Lord, not anyone else, not even the government.
That is correct. But anyone in authority anywhere is not to Lord it over anyone. The point about how we should be humble applies to each of us. And in this we should respect authority, even authority that is not Jesus the Son of God our Lord.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
You asked no question, but merely demanded information (you can't even manage to accurately represent this single point of the discussion!). I did indeed answer that demand in Posts #66, #87, and #94 above.
Be honest, would it have made any difference in your response if it had been posted more as a question and less as a demand?

As you can see from the response just above this one, people do not think that you have answered the question/demand.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Your admission that I did indeed answer your request for information is noted.
You, sir, are a bald face liar. Not only did I not say you answered anything, I, in fact, noted quite the opposite. See below for the proof you will no doubtedly demand.

Be honest, would it have made any difference in your response if it had been posted more as a question and less as a demand?

As you can see from the response just above this one, people do not think that you have answered the question/demand.

Also note, that I acknowledged you responded, I also pointed out that your response was in no way an answer.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Not according to your statement and my reply in Post #114 above.

You mean the reply that you edited to make it look like I said something I did not? You have learned well from your Catholic masters how to parse text to change its meaning to suit your needs rather read the text for what it says.

PhilipJames

You mean the reply that you edited to make it look like I said something I did not? You have learned well from your Catholic masters how to parse text to change its meaning to suit your needs rather read the text for what it says.

says the man who wouldn't read the documents I suggested...

PJ

everready

Gods word foretold of the days when the system of antichrist would think to change the times and the laws.

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Charles Spurgeon said this..

“It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Antichrist and as to what Antichrist is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not the Popery in the Church of Rome, there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name. . .It wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement and lifts a piece of bread into the place of the Savior and a few drops of water into the place of the Holy Spirit and puts a mere fallible man like ourselves up as the Vicar of Christ on earth.

If we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors; we shall love their souls though we loathe and detest their dogmas. And so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened because we turn our faces toward Christ when we pray.”

– Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892)

everready