Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These signs will follow them who believe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
    Well done!

The figure of speech ellipsis (intentional omission of a word or words, the intent is that we look closer at that passage to see God's intent) is an important factor in rightly dividing Mark 16:18, as a figure of speech, the passage is no longer a literal passage, but figurative.

Mark 16:18 KJV

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

We see the word "if" before the phrase "they drink any deadly thing"

that if is omitted by the figure of speech ellipsis from in front of the phrase, " they shall take up serpents" to emphasize the high degree of protection that is made available, if they were to take up a serpent accidentally or unawares as did Paul on the island of Melitta Acts 28:1-6

Clearly, the apostle Paul was one of the believers that signs followed.

Even though he took up a serpent, clearly unawares, and was bitten by it, God protected him.

That is God's protection because of God's love. Paul understood the meaning of being a more than conqueror. Romans 8:37-39 KJV

Paul experienced God's loving protection

Likewise, he spoke in tongues, healed others, cast out devil spirits...
    I believe taking up serpents has to do with taking up those who have them rather than "snake handling" that is nothing more than tempting God and contrary to the teaching of Jesus from when Satan tried to tempt Him. We see sepents as the tail of the dragon (a serpent with wings) who are false prophets causing other christians to fall from heaven and fail to receive the fullness of Christ formed in them that is the high calling of our profession

Same goes for drinking poison as the truth of the scriptures is our spiritual water to keep us from ever thirsting again (for anything different from the divine truth) such as all of the false doctrines that are poisons for many but not for those who are chosen by God and therefore properly equipped with the truth.

As far as angels protecting the chosen is another thing and dispensation of God for protecting His elect.
    Please read and support: "Modern Day Prophet" by Douglas Duncan. PM for a free E-book

Comment

Originally posted by Livelystone View Post
      I believe taking up serpents has to do with taking up those who have them rather than "snake handling" that is nothing more than tempting God and contrary to the teaching of Jesus from when Satan tried to tempt Him. We see sepents as the tail of the dragon (a serpent with wings) who are false prophets causing other christians to fall from heaven and fail to receive the fullness of Christ formed in them that is the high calling of our profession

Same goes for drinking poison as the truth of the scriptures is our spiritual water to keep us from ever thirsting again (for anything different different from the divine truth) such as all of the false doctrines that are poisons for many but not for those who are chosen by God and therefore properly equipped with the truth.

As far as angels protecting the chosen is another thing and dispensation of God for protecting His elect.
      ok
      "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Comment

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
        ok

??? What did he say???
        "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
          ??? What did he say???
          Nothing hard to understand about what I wrote

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
          Please read and support: "Modern Day Prophet" by Douglas Duncan. PM for a free E-book

Comment

Originally posted by Livelystone View Post
            Nothing hard to understand about what I wrote

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
            Apparently I do. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt insofar as there was type on my screen.
            "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Comment

Originally posted by DAN P View Post
              Hi and only TRUE followers are those who are Baptized ., speak in recognizable Languages , able to heal anything or anyone , so shall I rush over so that you will HEAL MY EYES ?

Should we RUSH over to the nearest sick ones so that you can HEAL THEM , or maybe if you Pray on Handkerchiefs , and we touched them we will be Lealed ??

dan p
              Good post Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
                It is written to those who believe.

You do not believe.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
                Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
                Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
                Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
                Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
                Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
                Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
                Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
                Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
                Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
                Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
                Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
                Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
                Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
                Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
                Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 4:29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
                Act 4:30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
                Act 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
                Act 4:32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
                Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
                Act 4:34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
                Act 4:35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Act 8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.
                Act 8:5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
                Act 8:6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
                Act 8:7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
                Act 8:8 And there was great joy in that city.

LA
                Heir was right! You just don't especially care about truth!

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Reference View Post
                  Amen!
                  You and LazyA are extremely alike! How do you explain that?

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
                    Those who actually had the miraculous sign gifts wouldn't need to talk about them.
                    Exactly! Other people would be talking about them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                      You and LazyA are extremely alike! How do you explain that?

Hi and IF they could really HEAL people ( Jews is the context ) there would be a Line half away AROUND the world !

I will say that they can NOT even heal there LOW Unintellectual BIBLE KNOWLEDGE !!

DAN P

Comment

Hi and IF they could really HEAL people ( Jews is the context ) there would be a Line half away AROUND the world !

I will say that they can NOT even heal there LOW Unintellectual BIBLE KNOWLEDGE !!

DAN P
                        For a start, God is the one who works the miracles. Even Jesus said that He did not do the works but His Father in Him did the works.

John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Same with the apostles whom the Holy Spirit did the miracles through and not the person making the petition/prayer for a miracle doing the miracle

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

James agrees

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The doctrine of people being given power to heal others is a false doctrine....... one of the many in todays church(s)

Those persons who were given gifts of healing were in need of healing themselves and were not being given the power to heal others.

God is the one who heals and God does not change. God is just as capable of doing miracles today as he has always been.......... and will do for those whose hearts are right and worship Him in spirit and in truth (AKA no false doctrines in their hearts)

2 Chronicles 16:9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                          Heir was right! You just don't especially care about truth!
                          You do not believe any word that Jesus said in the gospels because you are not a Jew, you say.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
                          Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
                          Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
                          Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
                          Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
                          Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
                          Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
                          Joh 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
                          Joh 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
                          Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

LA
                          My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

Originally posted by Livelystone;4
                            [I
                            Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?[/I]

James agrees

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Hi , and why do you nor explain Gal 3:5 to us ??

In James 5:16 are you to CONFESS your Faults or do we CONFESS our Sins one to another ?

You can bw First ?

Like you Lack of Bibically knowledge should get you started , don't you think ??

dan p

Comment

Hi , and why do you nor explain Gal 3:5 to us ??

In James 5:16 are you to CONFESS your Faults or do we CONFESS our Sins one to another ?

You can bw First ?

Like you Lack of Bibically knowledge should get you started , don't you think ??

dan p
                              My knowledge is just fine and I am quite sure I have witnessed more miracles done by God than you have

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
                                Because being bitten be poisonous snakes, drinking bad water with no harm and instantly healing sick strangers can't be faked like tongues and demon casting. It's a weaselly excuse for Pentecostals who don't REALLY believe ALL of what Christ promised. They make Him a liar.
                                You love to say others are calling God a liar because that is how the devil handles things he knows nothing about.

LA
                                My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

Working...
                                X