ECT the Sixth Hour in John 19:14.

0scar

I am thinking hours are in the day and a watch is in the night? What about an hour of the night?

an hour of the night is always call "hour of the night", and "hour" alone, without "of the night" always means a regular hour (of the day)
do you have any example of "hour" meaning of the night when "of the nigth" is not says?

0scar

Originally Posted by 0scar
If Jesus was at Pilates at the sixth hour, wich in fact that is what John 19:14 clearly says, and was crucified by the third hour; then there is only a posible answer: Jesus was crucified next day at the third hour, after being at Pilates by the sixth hour.

He was NOT arrested on the 13th of the 1st month.

Absolutely correct: Jesus was NOT arrested on the 13th of the 1st month.

0scar

The FACT is that John 19:14 DO refers to the sixth hour as NOON.

Why do you believe this to be a fact? The word noon is not used.

Because all the scholars of all universities of all the cities of all the wrold, have always sayd and teach that all ancient civilization, specifically all civilizations of the I century, in special the Greek, Jew and Roman; all of them divided the day in 12 hours counting from sunrise to sunset.

That is the fact.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
an hour of the night is always call "hour of the night", and "hour" alone, without "of the night" always means a regular hour (of the day)
do you have any example of "hour" meaning of the night when "of the nigth" is not says?
What is a watch according to the Bible?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If Jesus was at Pilates at the sixth hour, wich in fact that is what John 19:14 clearly says, and was crucified by the third hour; then there is only a posible answer: Jesus was crucified next day at the third hour, after being at Pilates by the sixth hour.
We would need to look at the times and days again. It is possible that this all happened in one day (from arrest to burial).
Absolutely correct: Jesus was NOT arrested on the 13th of the 1st month.
We have established that for the 13th (and I assume the days before that), but it means nothing for the days following that.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The FACT is that John 19:14 DO refers to the sixth hour as NOON.

Because all the scholars of all universities of all the cities of all the wrold, have always sayd and teach that all ancient civilization, specifically all civilizations of the I century, in special the Greek, Jew and Roman; all of them divided the day in 12 hours counting from sunrise to sunset.

That is the fact.
Jesus spoke of the 12 hours of the day.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Day is mesured in 12 hours, from sunrise to sunset, being the sixth hour six hour after sunrise. You may not call it noon, but it is.
John 19:14 says that Jesus was at the Gabatha, being judged by Pilate by the sixth hour. FACT
Did Jesus see Pilate in the night?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
John 19:14 say that Jesus was at Pilate by the sixth hour, witch is midday or noon.
I am asking about the night. Noon is not in the night.

The verse talks about Pilate. If Pilate saw Jesus in the night then it is possible he saw him at midnight.

0scar

I am asking about the night. Noon is not in the night.

The verse talks about Pilate. If Pilate saw Jesus in the night then it is possible he saw him at midnight.

It is also posible that Pilate saw Jesus in the planet Kripton at the 33rd hour. But John says that Pilate saw Jesus at the Gabatha at the sixth hour. And the Gabatha is in planet Earth, and the sixth hour is noon.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It is also posible that Pilate saw Jesus in the planet Kripton at the 33rd hour. But John says that Pilate saw Jesus at the Gabatha at the sixth hour. And the Gabatha is in planet Earth, and the sixth hour is noon.
You are completely wrong and your comment here has no basis in reality. If that is your point consider that with am and pm there are 24 hours not 12.

0scar

You are completely wrong and your comment here has no basis in reality. If that is your point consider that with am and pm there are 24 hours not 12.

for all romans and for all jew, the sixth hour means 12 noon.
what do the sixth hour means to John?
6th hour = noon; John 4:6
7th hour = 1pm; John 4:52
10th hour = 4pm John 1:39

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
for all romans and for all jew, the sixth hour means 12 noon.
what do the sixth hour means to John?
6th hour = noon; John 4:6
7th hour = 1pm; John 4:52
10th hour = 4pm John 1:39
Would you say there are no hours of the night?

We were talking about if there was a watch but you basically said no.