Mixing Law & Grace

God's Truth

NOTHING in that verse hints at "repenting from sins". You are delusional at best, a demon possessed pervert*, at worst.
JOHN the BAPTIZER preached to REPENT OF SINS---it is why he got HIS HEAD CUT OFF.

We have to repent of our sins.

* I realize that there are moderators who don't know the meaning of terms, so try looking them up before you ban people. The word also appears in the Bible, and it means... "To turn from truth, propriety, or from its proper purpose; to distort from its true use or end; as, to pervert reason by misdirecting it; to pervert the laws by misinterpreting and misapplying them; to pervert justice; to pervert the meaning of an author; to pervert nature; to pervert truth."

Yeah, we can see how much you like the word 'pervert', and how you like to be abusive to me with it.

OZOS

The dividing wall is the purification works of the law.
The Bible says otherwise, but you reject the Bible. Are you LDS?
So again, you claiming loving God and not murdering people and not committing adultery, not stealing, and not lying have been abolished is just too dumb.
Just because it doesn't fit into your cult. You have no answer from God's word, and I have provided ample evidence from God's word. All you have is your own made-up words, which are in opposition to God's. Again, you have a demon, and you will spend eternity separated from God.

2 Cor 3:7-15

"But if the ministration of death, written and engraven IN STONES, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be DONE AWAY:

How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:

And not as Moses, which put a veil over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is ABOLISHED:

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart."

The Apostle Paul says.

1. The ministry of death and condemnation is written & engraved in stones. Those are the 10 commandments.

2. They had glory, but the glory of the Spirit surpasses the 10 commandments.

3. Moses had to put a veil over his face so the Israel would not see the glory of the 10 commandments fading away.

4. If Moses had not had the veil, Israel would have seen that the 10 commandments were to be abolished.

The Law (10 commandments) was abolished. Paul just said so. And he says it again.

Eph 2:14-16

"For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

Having ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, HAVING SLAIN THE ENMITY thereby"

Paul says

1. Jesus broke down the dividing wall between Jew and Gentile.

2. The dividing wall (enmity) is the "Law of commandments"

3. Jesus abolished, in His flesh, the enmity (Law of commandments).

4. There is now no dividing wall between Jew & Gentile

5. Both Jew & Gentile are "one new man" in Christ, because He put to death the enmity (Law of commandments).

God's Truth

No it is not. But it's wrong to elevate your obedience over Christ, which really is disobedience. So your so call obedience is actually disobedience, it's not in faith!

You don't even make a lick of sense. I ain't eating what you are trying to feed me.

No such thing as there being a wrong time to obey God.

God's Truth

I never said that, dummy. He was calling them vipers because, like you, they were preaching obedience to the Law for righteousness.

I preach obedience to CHRIST, and you know it.

Jesus came and taught a NEW law.

It is the old law with some changes.

The RULES and REGULATIONS to the old law were nailed to the cross.

The rules and regulation were the rules and regulations!

The purification works of the law are rules and regulations.

OZOS

JOHN the BAPTIZER preached to REPENT OF SINS---it is why he got HIS HEAD CUT OFF.

:crackup: No, he did not. You cannot read, because you're a pervert.

"John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins."

"And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;"

God's Truth

Js

Sure he was saved before the gospel was sent to him else God would not have sent it to him!

HE STILL HAD TO HEAR IT TO BE SAVED.

If he was already saved, then all Peter had to do was tell Cornelius, "I came to tell you that you are already saved".

God's Truth

:crackup: No, he did not. You cannot read, because you're a pervert.

"John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins."

"And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;"

OZOS

I just quoted John the Baptist FOR YOU, dummy. He says NO SUCH THING. He NEVER says or implies that "we have to repent of our sins".

You are either ignorant, or evil. I suspect it is both.

Repenting, in order to receive remission DOES NOT EQUATE to repenting of our sins. Not even close.

OZOS

I preach obedience to CHRIST
You do not. You are a liar.

To obey Christ is to believe Him, concerning who He is and what He has done. The obedience of faith.

YOU have NEVER "obeyed" Christ. You are still spiritually dead and without hope.

Jerry Shugart

No, he still had to hear the message and believe the conditions to it.

Of course you have to pervert the Scriptures again because your father is the devil. There were no "conditions" in what Peter preached to Cornelius. Please tell me where in that sermon that Peter said that in order to be saved you have to obey the Lord Jesus.

Cornelius was not saved at the time Peter preached to him. And when Cornelius believed what Peter preached the Holy Spirit fell upon him and he was saved:

"While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 10:44-45).

So the fact of the matter is the truth that Cornelius was saved before he obeyed the Lord Jesus.

With that your perversion of the grace of God comes tumbling down like a child's house of cards. You teach that no one can be saved without doing works but it is a fact that Cornelius was saved when he believed.

This is not complicated but you refuse to believe it and instead you roam around trying your best to pervert the gospel of grace in the hope you can deceive others so they will not be saved. You are truly an evil person doing the work of Satan:

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Cor.4:3-4).​

You have sold your soul to the devil and your end will be in the lake of fire.

God's Truth

I just quoted John the Baptist FOR YOU, dummy. He says NO SUCH THING. He NEVER says or implies that "we have to repent of our sins".

You are either ignorant, or evil. I suspect it is both.

Repenting, in order to receive remission DOES NOT EQUATE to repenting of our sins. Not even close.

Why was John beheaded? I know why but I am trying to help you see that you are preaching falseness about the Bible God's Word and John.

God's Truth

You do not. You are a liar.

To obey Christ is to believe Him, concerning who He is and what He has done. The obedience of faith.

YOU have NEVER "obeyed" Christ. You are still spiritually dead and without hope.

If

...if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; Matthew 6:14

...if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins; Matthew 6:15

...If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples;
John 8:31

...if you do them you will be blessed; John 13:17

If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love; John 15:10

...if you do what I command you are my friends; John 15:14

...if we obey His commands---we may know that we know Him; 1 John 2:3

According to God's Word, you are not blessed as disciple, family member and friend if you don't obey him.