Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mixing Law & Grace

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

    Can you not understand what Paul actually said?:

    "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast" (Eph.2:8-9).

    Salvation is by grace through faith. You deny Paul's words by saying that faith is not enough.
    You misunderstand Paul.
    Faith alone is dead.
    The not of works is about the purification works.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

      You don't believe scripture! God has mercy on unbelievers Rom 11:32

      32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

      In fact that word for unbelief is also translated disobedience. It's the greek word apeitheia:

      disobedient 3 times. so God saves and has mercy on the disobedient.
      I have given you many scriptures that say we have to believe. Not one scripture anywhere says God saves unbelievers.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

        So you think that a person can be saved before they believe?
        Sure. So you believe that a person is saved because they believe which is an act of obedience the person does. So you believe in Salvation by work just like the person you are critical of !
        "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
        preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
        called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
        a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

        Charles Spurgeon !

        Comment


        • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

          I have given you many scriptures that say we have to believe. Not one scripture anywhere says God saves unbelievers.
          Not only does God save unbelievers but the disobedient Rom 11:32!
          "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
          preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
          called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
          a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

          Charles Spurgeon !

          Comment


          • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

            Jesus tells the lost person how to be saved.
            Your false jesus does, the Jesus I believe in actually saves His people from their sins Matt 1:21
            "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
            preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
            called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
            a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

            Charles Spurgeon !

            Comment


            • Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

              Sure. So you believe that a person is saved because they believe which is an act of obedience the person does. So you believe in Salvation by work just like the person you are critical of !
              Hahahaha Here it comes, the fight between you and Jerry to see who obeys God the least. And you both don't have any sense that that is evil?

              Jesus: "Believe me...obey me...and you will be saved."

              Jerry: "No, Jesus, I will believe only."

              Beloved57: "No, Jesus, save me first."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                Not only does God save unbelievers but the disobedient Rom 11:32!
                God does not save any unbeliever and disobedient until they come to God in faith and obedience.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                  Your false jesus does, the Jesus I believe in actually saves His people from their sins Matt 1:21
                  You say Jesus doesn't tell a person HOW TO BE SAVED?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                    God does not save any unbeliever and disobedient until they come to God in faith and obedience.
                    Your God does not but the God of scripture does!
                    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                    Charles Spurgeon !

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                      You say Jesus doesn't tell a person HOW TO BE SAVED?
                      My Jesus Christ does not, He saves them Himself!
                      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                      Charles Spurgeon !

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                        Your God does not but the God of scripture does!
                        Give one scripture that says God saves people in their state of unbelief.

                        You just make it up.

                        You go against God that says believe or die in your sin.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                          Give one scripture that says God saves people in their state of unbelief.

                          You just make it up.

                          You go against God that says believe or die in your sin.
                          Your god does not save a sinner!
                          "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                          preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                          called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                          a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                          Charles Spurgeon !

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                            My Jesus Christ does not, He saves them Himself!
                            So why does he say humble yourself?

                            Come on, answer, you are steeped in falseness blaspheming God the way you do.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

                              So why does he say humble yourself?

                              Come on, answer, you are steeped in falseness blaspheming God the way you do.
                              We don't even believe in the same God. My God saves unbelievers and disobedient sinners.
                              "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                              preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                              called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                              a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                              Charles Spurgeon !

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by beloved57 View Post

                                We don't even believe in the same God. My God saves unbelievers and disobedient sinners.
                                You blasphemy God. Explain why Jesus says to humble yourself, and to repent of your sins, and to have faith, and to forgive your brothers? THOSE ARE INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BE SAVED.

                                He even teaches us about having to come to him hating yourself, and then not giving up.

                                ANSWER the question you preacher of falseness and blasphemer of God and Jesus.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X