IS TITUS 1:6 TRUE ?

DAN P

So it reads ELDERS must be blameless , Husband of ONE WIFE .

#1 , This verse says that no divorced man can ever be and ELDER ?

#2 Also by verse 10 , not to be teaching things of the CIRCUMCISION .

#3 And 1 Tim 3:12 also be a husband of ONE WIFE .

What say you ?

dan p

DAN P

That a believer who has been divorced by an unbeliever can not be an elder?

Hi and in 1 Cor 7:15, Paul says anyone where the HUSBAND or WIFE should l depart , that Husband or Wife is NOT UNDER BONDAGE as the Greek word , UNDER BONDAGE is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and should mean that when one or the other person LEAVES the person that stays can remarry , is what I see .

dan p

Bradley D

Hi and what verve are you using , under the LAW /

Or what Paul has said in 1 Cor 7 ?

dan p

The Word of the Lord Jesus.

"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery" (Luke 16:18)

DAN P

The Word of the Lord Jesus.

"Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery, and the man who marries a divorced woman commits adultery" (Luke 16:18)

Hi and 1 Cor 7:15 reads For if the UNBELIEVING depart let him depart , A brother or sister is not under bondage in such cases , .

dan p

Bradley D

Hi and we have seen that many Pastors were told to leave the ministry because of sexual misconduct and we are have an ELDER in our assembly who is divorced is why I have brought up this OP .and to see what others believe .

dan p

If the Elder's spouse was not a believer and wanted a divorce the scripture seems to support that. But if the unbelieving spouse does not want a divorce than scripture says they should stay married because the unbeliever may become a believer.

DAN P

If the Elder's spouse was not a believer and wanted a divorce the scripture seems to support that. But if the unbelieving spouse does not want a divorce than scripture says they should stay married because the unbeliever may become a believer.

Hi and I believe that 1 Cor 7:15 has most of the answer , but many do not want all there private information discussed and rather leave their ministry

We have that problem in our assembly .

dan p

Pierac

What say you ?

dan p

Stop, your trying to fit in with men... Paul said no less than 6 times... All things are of God.
You don't want what you think you want... Let it Go!

Paul

DAN P

Stop, your trying to fit in with men... Paul said no less than 6 times... All things are of God.
You don't want what you think you want... Let it Go!

Paul

Hi and just where is Titus 1:6 , and 1 Tim 3:12 is not true ?

Just how am I trying to fit in with MAN ?

Attacking the verse is not helping anyone , SO LET IT GO .

dan p

Pierac

Hi and just where is Titus 1:6 , and 1 Tim 3:12 is not true ?

Just how am I trying to fit in with MAN ?

Attacking the verse is not helping anyone , SO LET IT GO .

dan p

I'm not attacking the verses... I'm attacking your agenda!

AGAIN... Let it go... Your seeking validation in some way?

God is Love, and your not seeking love with these verses!

Trying to help you dude!
Paul

DAN P

I'm not attacking the verses... I'm attacking your agenda!

AGAIN... Let it go... Your seeking validation in some way?

God is Love, and your not seeking love with these verses!

Trying to help you dude!
Paul

Hi and you can help ,by what Titus 1:6 and what 1Tim 3:12 means to the BODY OF CHRIST ?

The reason I started the OP , is because we are having this ISSUE in our assembly and we should deal with it and not stick our HEADS IN THE SAND .

dan p

musterion

What say you ?

dan p

Hi Dan, it could just mean no multiple wives/polygamy. God won't hold a believing man at fault if an unbelieving wife left and divorced him.

DAN P

Hi Dan, it could just mean no multiple wives/polygamy. God won't hold a believing man at fault if an unbelieving wife left and divorced him.

Hi musterion , and what verse are you using HERE ?

I believe that I have one in 1 Cot 7:15 .

What say you ?

I And I do not believe that most would not care to go into the explanation of most intimate lives ?

dan p

musterion

Hi musterion , and what verse are you using HERE ?

I believe that I have one in 1 Cot 7:15 .

What say you ?

I And I do not believe that most would not care to go into the explanation of most intimate lives ?

dan p

If two unbelievers get married and then one of them gets saved, if the unbelieving spouse has a problem with it and divorces, the believing spouse is not obligated to seek reconciliation.

If a believer leaves a believing spouse, the two are obligated before the Lord to try to work it out and reconcile the marriage without divorcing.

That's my understanding anyway.

I don't see that God requires elders to be married else they aren't qualified. I think it means something else ... would a widower, or one whose wife (saved or not) abandoned him, have to get remarried in order to remain an elder? Paul doesn't say either one is required.