Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wrote my first theological journal article. Next step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wrote my first theological journal article. Next step?

I could use some advice.
    I just finished my first draft of my first theological journal article. Since I have never done anything like this before, I need some advice on the next step.
    I think I need someone who knows New Testament Greek and who has published their own journal article to review/edit/critique it before I sent it off the the publisher.
    So, my question is: 1. Is that the next step and 2. where do I find such a person?

Background information:
    1. article title: A word-frequency study of Matthew 19:9 in all available Greek New Testament Manuscripts.
    2. I'm just a Deacon - I move chairs around, lol. I don't have any 'formal theology education' - no degrees in Theology - just a keen interest and entirely self-taught.
    3. I have already selected my 'preferred journal publisher' and I have a copy of their 'Instruction for Authors' and I've followed their guidelines.
    4. Even in book publishing, there are several levels of editing. I know that there are book editors for hire. Do these same people edit journal articles too? I've never heard of editors that are that specialized - having a knowledge of New Testament Greek, and with a working knowledge of journals, I mean.
    5. I already tried contacting a local College of Theology, but they were too busy (and I'm not a student).

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.
    Thank you in advance.
    Robert Crawford

I don't know what you're waiting for. Just send it to the publisher you've already identified. They have editors. They also obviously know what they could sell and what wouldn't sell.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Comment

Working...
    X