Peter, the Rock, the Keys, and the Chair - Steve Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
    The 'rock' that Jesus was describing, as Jerry said: is revelation knowledge
    I am sorry but that simply is not true. Even prominent protestant theologians admit that Peter is the rock, although they disagree with the papacy.

Comment

Yeah, whatever. He is building His Church using the 'rock' of revelation knowledge. You would never have come to Him had He not given you that knowledge of Who Christ is and made you one of His Stones. Those of us who understand symbols and have a relationship with The Lord can see what He meant by MANY things such as this much easier and can get orders and comfort directly from Him. Seek. Search. He said that He could be found. All you have to do is seek and search for Him with all of your heart. He doesn't lie.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
      "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
        Yeah, whatever. He is building His Church using the 'rock' of revelation knowledge
        There is no scripture that backs up that strange interpretation.

IMMEDIATELY after calling Peter the rock and saying he will build his church on Peter, Jesus then gives him the keys to the kingdom and the power to bind and loose. It is very well established that in first century Jewish culture both the keys (which could also possibly tie back to the key in Isiah) and binding and loosing are representative of teaching and interpretive authority. This is not debatable and is accepted by both Catholic and Protestant bible scholars alike.

Putting the naming of Peter as Rock, and the building of the foundation on that Rock in the context of the next statement giving him teaching and interpretive authority (which he also SEPARATELY give (minus the keys) to the other apostles in MT 18), it is clear that the threefold blessing Christ gives Peter in MT 16 confers on him a special role in the church, and he is not just ‘another’ block in the building as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Trump Gurl View Post

There is no scripture that backs up that strange interpretation.

IMMEDIATELY after calling Peter the rock and saying he will build his church on Peter, Jesus then gives him the keys to the kingdom and the power to bind and loose. It is very well established that in first century Jewish culture both the keys (which could also possibly tie back to the key in Isiah) and binding and loosing are representative of teaching and interpretive authority. This is not debatable and is accepted by both Catholic and Protestant bible scholars alike.

Putting the naming of Peter as Rock, and the building of the foundation on that Rock in the context of the next statement giving him teaching and interpretive authority (which he also SEPARATELY give (minus the keys) to the other apostles in MT 18), it is clear that the threefold blessing Christ gives Peter in MT 16 confers on him a special role in the church, and he is not just ‘another’ block in the building as you suggest.

If you had common sense, you'd be able to understand what I clearly explained. Since you don't, there's no possibility of reasoning with you. Why would Christ Jesus, Who is the ONLY Rock upon which the Body of Christ is built say that He would build His Church upon a fallen man? Hint: He wouldn't. He was talking about the revelation that Peter received, obviously. No one can understand Who Jesus actually is except God reveal such to them. It is not possible for God to build His Church upon fallen men. It is by following men that we go into error: Hitler, Obama, Mao, Stalin and Caesar for example. Does the name Jim Jones ring any bells? Your beloved Pope has said that Christians and Muslims worship the same god. Do you believe that? I don't. The majority of Christians don't. My Catholic friends don't. The building of His Body requires revelation. If Judas had that revelation, he would not have betrayed Jesus. Those who have that 'rock' of revealed knowledge inside themselves can meditate in His Word and receive new revelations and greater understanding than this earth has yet seen. Anyone with a revelation of Who He is and who they are and what He has given us can heal sick, raise dead, cast out demons and bring Heaven and earth together. When we all come together in the unity of the faith of God in Christ: all His enemies will be placed at His Feet, including even Death. All the Powers, Principalities and even every single one of the Rulers of Darkness in this world are subject to the least of us, because of the 'Rock' that lives inside of us. Note: it is NOT because Peter is in them. Not because they listen to some guy in a clown suit claiming to be the 'head' of The Body of Christ. He only has ONE head. He is The Head. That body has been starving to death because there is nothing but a trickle of stagnant water available in most every single pulpit on this planet. The Body of Christ has forgotten the two most important things there are: the message and the cross. Even most of the ones who do teach those tend to forget to teach their congregants to hear God's Voice for themselves or to do that which is greatest: to love others. The Word of The Lord is precious today, just as it was in Scripture. Too few prophesy, since there's rejection out-of-hand for anyone who might say: "I believe I hear The Lord saying..." This is just my opinion, mind you, but, in my heart I hear God many times and refrain, knowing that He doesn't want me to step on anyone's toes or make Him a laughing-stock by speaking up. He knows when to speak up and when not to. When enough people cry out to Him, He will respond. He promised: "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." That will come about when Christians turn to Him and not before. We need to do that... now more than ever before in our history as a young country, founded upon Biblical principals by His Holy Hand. We have the freedom to do so, thanks be to God, but we neglect to do so, every day. Perhaps at the precipice we will seek Him and search for Him and find Him. He promised we would, if we do. I pray that this virus is the catapult that causes us to do so. I hope this every single day. I'm watching for it. I'm seeking His assurance that it will. He's hoping for the same thing. He longs to give us The Kingdom. He wants to give us all the very desires of our hearts (the good ones). Pray with me that it happens. Pray that Paul's revelation of that moment comes in your lifetime:

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

Can you imagine that? The Body of Christ, coming together in unity? … knowledge of Jesus spread throughout all of us? … a mature man? … doctrine cast aside and Truth revealed? … speaking Truth to one another and to the lost? … walking in greater power, signs, wonders and miracles than even Jesus was able to perform (due to un-belief)? It's mind-boggling.

Sorry for the length, but you strike a nerve when you reject His Truth so blatantly and rebel against The Spirit of Truth like that. You're anathema.
          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

Working...
          X