The AntiChrist in Bible Prophecy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by User Name View Post

1 John 2:22 shows how ridiculous it is to call the Pope the (or an) antichrist. Does the Pope deny that Jesus is the Christ? No!

There is also 2 John 1:7 to consider, which states, "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." Has the current or any previous pope ever denied that Jesus Christ came in the flesh? Again, the answer is no. So is the pope the antichrist? According to 1 John 2:22 and 2 John 1:7, he can't be! Case closed.
    The Pope says that Jesus and the Bible is a liar. Go search it on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley D View Post
      There have been antchrists since NT times and I believe more to come. We know there are many enemies of Christianity. Watch the news.

"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18).

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son" (1 John 2:22).

Even some will declare they are Christ!

"For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many" (Mt. 24:5).

Strong's Concordance
      antichristos: antichrist, (one who opposes Christ)
      Original Word: ἀντίχριστος, ου, ὁ
      Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
      Transliteration: antichristos
      Phonetic Spelling: (an-tee'-khris-tos)
      Definition: antichrist, (one who opposes Christ)
      Usage: antichrist, either one who puts himself in the place of, or the enemy (opponent) of the Messiah.

The papacy grew out of its fallen ashes of the pagan Roman Empire and revived and used its pagan system of worship and even its titles.
      Pontifex Maximus...
      1. (in ancient Rome) the head of the principal college of priests.
        • (in the Roman Catholic Church) a title of the Pope.)
      It persecuted the faithful and destroyed as best as it could the truths of the early church, and the teachings of Christ. It instead brought in pagan idols and the worship of Mary as intercessor, and a system of works to replace faith. It replaced the teachings from God, with traditions of man and false doctrines, subtly replacing the Sabbath and bringing in essentially the worship of the dead and wiping out the life and resurrection that is Christ.

And just think of it, it does not deny any of this, and continues to this day, with its abominations, just a bit hidden, but still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        [SIZE=16px] The Biblical prophecy happened just as given, but many try to hide the truth of the matter or say the Day/Year Principle is not applicable, and yet it fits as said in a trial, 'like a glove'.
        When was Luke 21:34-35 fulfilled?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          ...yet is: From 1929 to present the Roman Church has been a church & state.
          If someone does become the President Of Planet Earth it would makes sense for the POTUS to refer to him as the POPE. [It's an oldie but a goodie.]

Comment

Originally posted by clefty View Post

yup...

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws:

even to get the Sabbath commandment however...3 prior had to be broken.

Namely the first commandment:

they went and made another god...a trinity...not ONE but now a mysterious 3...a god that COULD have his laws changed...ignoring "I CHANGE NOT"...and did NOT have perfect holy immutable laws for ALL mankind...they changed Him into NOT One Who ALONE is immortal but has man believe we ALL have immortal souls...

the second commandment:

another god needed representation to win the unlearned over and those that loved their previous idols and images...even the Eastern Orthodox church does NOT portray the Almighty One...but having changed Yah in the first commandment is EXACTLY idolatry...and needs a PR campaign to MARKET to image hungry people...

NOT ironic when you see Roman Catholics list their 10 commandments the 2nd is removed and the 10th doubled up to keep it at 10...

the third commandment:

the NAME...carried for NAUGHT...they changed it from a Hebrew name to Latinized "Jesus"...divorcing Him from all things Jewish...you know...all part of that remarketing and rebranding to sell to others...quite anti-semitic too I might add...

and much was lost in translation as the Hebrew actually reveals truth...

watch here the gospel preserved in the first 10 names:

https://youtu.be/HUs8f-lphec

but yup...Sabbath remains the sign between Him and His people a sabbath keeping a sabbatismos Heb 4:9

for which we are KNOWN by Him...

8Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9But now that you know God, or rather are known by God, Gal 4:8-9

1 Corinthians 8:3
            But the one who loves God is known by God.

because he keeps His Commandments...

John 10:14
            I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep

John 10:27
            My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me.

Acts 15:
            17so that the remnant of men may seek the Lord, and all the Gentiles who are called by My name, says the Lord who does these things 18Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Even His works IN US...to be reborn as He created us to be in His Image...back then in the beginning when He gave us the Sabbath...
            Yet the whole world looks at the Pope and the church of Rome as the leaders in Christianity.

Comment

Working...
            X