What is a Soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post

You are sinning using God's name in vain like that.
    In what way
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post

In what way
      What do you got to lose?

Comment

What do you got to lose?
        You don't make sense. He did nothing wrong.
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

You don't have any idea what the discussion between us is about. You just have to do what God says not to do. You just had to get in on an argument you knew nothing about and take the side of the one you hated least.

Comment

You are sinning using God's name in vain like that.
            It wasn't in vain, I thank God that losers don't look at my posts or reply to them. It's annoying when they do. You wouldn't know about that, though, since you're on the other end of it.
            "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

You want to use God's name in vain and then lie, it's on you.

Comment

You don't have any idea what the discussion between us is about. You just have to do what God says not to do. You just had to get in on an argument you knew nothing about and take the side of the one you hated least.
                I've yet to see a single shred of evidence that Bright Raven actually hates ANYONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                  I've yet to see a single shred of evidence that Bright Raven actually hates ANYONE.
                  Then why don't the two of you go off and make loser emojis to each other.

Comment

Then why don't the two of you go off and make loser emojis to each other.

Comment

Comment

Many says this text is what leads them to believe in what is termed as the "immortal soul". But we should bear in mind certain things when reading any prophetic book, it is the highly figurative language being used. For instance, John also saw strange beasts coming out of the sea, a woman riding a ferocious beast, another woman clothed with the sun, etc. There is all kinds of imagery used in Revelation that is symbolic of a greater truth; the souls under the alter is no exception and hardly constitutes a reliable reference in which one should base a doctrine on. If this verse is to be taken literally then what reason or purpose is there in stuffing martyred souls under an altar? Is this to be taken literally? I think you will see the problem if you compare it with this verse..
                        Genesis 4:9-11 King James Version (KJV)
                        9 And the Lord said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?
                        10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.
                        Is there a sound of blood crying, of course not, its clearly meant to be figurately

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                          Here is a good study by my buddy Amo on what is a soul..
                          Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
                          The "inward man" spoken of in the following passage is the soul:

"For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day" (2 Cor.4:16).

Comment

Working...
                          X