ECT Our triune God

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
Are you one of those who believes that Jesus never actually claimed to be God? If so, you need to read your Bible, a little more closely. In Matthew 4:1-11 we are told the story of when Jesus was tempted by Satan. In verse 7 we are told that He quoted the following scripture, "Do not put the Lord your God to the test." This scripture originates from OT times, of course, and is in the OT of the Bible, now. It can be found in Deuteronomy 6:16. Now, the story of the temptation tells us that Satan tempted, and Christ rebuked. If Christ was using that scripture as a rebuke, what was HE saying? Well, He was claiming that He was God. He was saying it directly to Satan, who knew whether or not Jesus was God. So, if Satan knew, and Jesus claimed to be God to him, and Satan didn't deny it, then it logically follows that Jesus is God. And He obviously claimed to be. Even to one who knew the truth, therefore He was not lying. Why would you lie to someone who knew the truth, and would call you on it? So, Jesus claimed to be God, and He is God.

What a stupid claim.

Is there any end to your stupidity?

Jesus was telling satan that if He was to throw Himself down from the pinnacle of the temple expecting that God would bear Him up by the angels, then He would be tempting His God.

LA

Wile E. Coyote

Jesus made it very clear who He is and was, yet trin churches dont honor His word, and claim as if they know Jesus more than Jesus Himself.

There are many wicked reasons for this deception.
The apostle John said that Jesus claimed equality with God. John 5:18

godrulz

Hall of Fame
So what was the false idea of the Pharisees?

They rightly understood His claims to Deity and Messiahship (anti-trins think that they misunderstood Jesus who did not believe He was God...no...one way they try to get around the verse JW argument), but wrongly rejected them/Him.

Jn. 10:30-33 is similar.

Wile E. Coyote

They rightly understood His claims to Deity and Messiahship (anti-trins think that they misunderstood Jesus who did not believe He was God...no...one way they try to get around the verse JW argument), but wrongly rejected them/Him.

Jn. 10:30-33 is similar.
I concur.

Pierac

Oh really?

What does it say, exactly, paul?

Or... do you need yet another week to decipher it...?

:cool::cool::cool:

It Say's you lack the intelligence defend your traditions of men!

Explain, why you think this verse supports your view? I did not post it to support mine... You posted it to support yours ! It's up to you to back up your statements! So back it up little child! Everyone is watching how you can make it fit in to your Trinity! You don't even know what text your scripture came from do you? How far back can you trace the linage? :doh::readthis:

You posted a modern translation... At least you could have researched and posted a text from a much earlier source! One can easily see it's a translation from a english Byzantine text from the Greek. Yep, they used the KJV to make your translation! :rolleyes:

You make it easy!
Paul

Apple7

Explain, why you think this verse supports your view?

Whoever said that it was a verse?

You keep busting yourself wide open every time your fingers touch the keyboard...

You posted a modern translation...At least you could have researched and posted a text from a much earlier source!

No.

Its not a translation, goofy.:dizzy:

Further, its about 1300 years old.

One can easily see it's a translation from a english Byzantine text from the Greek. Yep, they used the KJV to make your translation Paul

No, paul.

Not even close.

It's Arabic...and thanks for making an absolute fool out of yourself.

Again.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Lon

A post from Cruciform

A post from Cruciform

Sure. Here you go. Plenty of biblical texts...

Romans 9:5 and of whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen.

Tit 2:13 looking for the blessed hope, and the appearance of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Heb 1:3 who being the shining splendor of His glory, and the express image of His essence, and upholding all things by the word of His power, through Himself cleansing of our sins, He sat down on the right of the Majesty on high

Heb 1:8 But to the Son He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever.
2 Peter 1:1 ...to those who have obtained...the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Thanks Cruci

Lon

Before Me no God was formed, nor shall there be after Me.
Isa 43:11 I, I am Jehovah; and there is none to save besides Me.
Isa 43:12 I have declared, and have saved, and I have shown, when there was no strange god among you; therefore you are My witnesses, says Jehovah, that I am God.

Isa 44:24 So says Jehovah, your Redeemer, and He who formed you from the womb, I am Jehovah who makes all things; who stretches out the heavens alone; who spreads out the earth; who was with Me?

Col 1:16 For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

Lon

This thread is specifically for triune believers.
I want to thank those who have supported this thread and not hijacked it.

Thank you
SovereigntyisGod - great verses

Thank you
Nihlo - esoteric, but supportive

Thank you
SonOfJack - great use of scriptures

Thank you
SaultoPaul - scripture were great

Thank you
Tico - for thread support

Thank you
Buzzword - for asking the right questions

Thank you
Colossians - for researching help here in your post

Thank you
-FoC- Who carried the thread early on

Thank you
godrulz - for emphasizing ettiquete and our triune God and defending in thread from first to last

Thank you
Totton Linnet - for hanging in there for the long haul

Thank you
Nang - for reminding us of the OP

Thank you
AMR - for timely links and weighing in with your considerable earned knowledge

Thank you
Nick M - for agreeing with all of us that John 1 puts this debate to rest

Thank you
John W - He virtually carried the thread for about 30 pages!

Thank you
Nicholsmom - for continued encouragement

Thank you
Ryan Collins - for asking good questions

Thank you
Rocketman - for asking good questions and support

Thank you
fzappa13 - for not molesting the thread as many others did and for supporting it in your own way

Thank you
Zippy - for chiming in so clearly

Thank you
Rainee - for cheering and supporting

Thank you
Student_ad_X - for suscribing and his continued support

Thank you
Geralduk - for summarizing this thread

Thank you
ttruscott - for an apt illustration

Thank you
Bright Raven - for jumping in with both feet

Thank you
Apple7 - for not only jumping in, but championing our triune God all over this forum and has stuck with this thread for 30 pages

Thanks JonahofAkron - for your sense of humor

Thanks OneGodInChrist - though not triune, supported this thread against arian mistakes

Thank you
Redeemed-777 - for weighing in

Thank you
Wile E. Coyote - for jumping in soundly with both feet

To all others who have supported this thread and I have missed, thank you.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What a stupid claim.

Is there any end to your stupidity?

Jesus was telling satan that if He was to throw Himself down from the pinnacle of the temple expecting that God would bear Him up by the angels, then He would be tempting His God.

LA
You are a fool.

Can you answer the question regarding Genesis 1:26?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are a fool.

Can you answer the question regarding Genesis 1:26?

Gen.1:26 states the ultimate intention of God.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

If you can not see that Christ was being tempted to throw Himself down off the pinnacle of the temple and that He refused in quoting "thou shall not tempt the Lord they God". then this little fact should help you--

What you are saying by your idea is that Jesus is the God of satan.

Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

You are a dill when it comes to knowing the truth.

LA

Apple7

Thanks Lon!

Thanks Lon!

Kudos to Lon for starting this thread...!

I enjoy reading your insight.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Gen.1:26 states the ultimate intention of God.

1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

If you can not see that Christ was being tempted to throw Himself down off the pinnacle of the temple and that He refused in quoting "thou shall not tempt the Lord they God". then this little fact should help you--

What you are saying by your idea is that Jesus is the God of satan.

Mat 4:5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
Mat 4:6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Mat 4:7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Mat 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

You are a dill when it comes to knowing the truth.

LA
FAIL!

The question is, "Who is this 'Our' in Genesis 1:26?"

Try again.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
FAIL!

The question is, "Who is this 'Our' in Genesis 1:26?"

Try again.

As God is one person according to--

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

then it should be clear that God was speaking to His Heavenly host.

The word "our" is not a three person word.

LA

fzappa13

Lon, you may well be one of the most conscientious posters it has been my pleasure to encounter. Wish there were more like you. I would likely participate more were that the case.