X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fishrovmen
    replied
    PPS,
    What is the difference between physis and ousia?

Leave a comment:

• JudgeRightly
    replied

THREE QUESTIONS TO DETERMINE IF THE TRINITY IS BIBLICALLY TRUE OR FALSE. If any one of these questions can be answered 'no,' then the Trinity can be rejected as an unbiblical belief. But if all three can be answered 'yes,' then the concept of the Trinity can be accepted as true.

1. Does the Bible mention three distinct persons?

2. Does the Bible refer to each of these persons as God?

3. Does the Bible teach there is only one God?

The answers:

1. Are three distinct persons mentioned? YES.
    A. The Father (1 John 3:1)
    B. The Son (1 John 1:3)
    C. The Holy Spirit (John 14:6; 14:26; 15:26; 16:13-14; Romans 15:30; Ephesians 4:30)

2. Are each of these persons referred to as God? YES.
    A. God the Father (1Thessalonians 1:1)
    B. God the Son (John 1:1; 20:28; Hebrews 1:8-9)
    C. God the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4)

3. Is there only one God? YES.
    (see Deuteronomy 4:35-39; Psalm 86:10; Isaiah 45:5; 45:22)

FOR ANYONE WHO REJECTS THE TRINITY AS BIBLICAL:
    Please show how the verses provided do not answer in the affirmative all three questions asked.
    Last edited by JudgeRightly; February 14th, 2018, 11:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lon
    replied
    Isaiah 40:3

Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
    The Word was God....the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

You need more proof? Who was John the Baptist? The voice crying in the wilderness.

Prepare ye the highway for OUR GOD. It is written, and it came to pass.

Leave a comment:

• Lon
    replied
    Apostle Paul says that Jesus is the LORD GOD

Blog from Right Divider:

Paul says that Jesus is the LORD GOD

Rom 14:10-12 (AKJV/PCE)
    (14:10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. (14:11) For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. (14:12) So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.
    This is the passage that Paul is quoting from:
    Isa 45:21-23 (AKJV/PCE)
    (45:21) Tell ye, and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? [who] hath told it from that time? [have] not I the LORD? and [there is] no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; [there is] none beside me. (45:22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else. (45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Again Paul says this in Philippians:
    Phil 2:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (2:10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; (2:11) And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Leave a comment:

• Tnkrbl123!
    replied
    But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here, he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation.

He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.

The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
    -Hebrews 9:11-15

Leave a comment:

• Tnkrbl123!
    replied
    It is so simple, so clear and so beautiful! And without controversy! Those that harden their hearts and blind themselves to this amazing truth are missing out on experiencing the fullness of life lived completely united with our God our Father, our God our Savior Jesus and our God the Holy Spirit.

Those that insist that Jesus is not fully God and fully human are missing the fact that
    ALL have fallen short - not most, but ALL, without exception (if there were any that are not corrupted by sin, and a perfect spotless lamb then God would have said so. But God says ALL are full of sin and have fallen short) Can a sinner save Himself? Can a sinner take away sin? NO!
    only God is perfectly Holy and only God can take away sin.

"And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2:38

*For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross." - Colossians 1:19-20

"For there is ONE GOD and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all, which is the testimony given at the proper time." -1 Timothy 2:5-6

Leave a comment:

• Lon
    replied
    Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
    Experiencing the love of Christ surpasses knowledge!
    John 4:23

Leave a comment:

• Lon
    replied
    Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
    Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Leave a comment:

• Tambora
    replied
    Titus 2:13-14 KJV
    (13) Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
    (14) Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

unto himself

Leave a comment:

• Tambora
    replied
    1 John 5:20 KJV
    (20) And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Leave a comment:

• MWinther
    replied
    Originally posted by Ps82 View Post
    The ONE God is an invisible Spirit ... but he created ONE image for His personal use for appearing within His creation. He named his visage The LORD. God appeared as the Super-natural LORD Father God in the OT.God appeared as His only begotten natural Son in the NT named LORD Jesus, the Savior.

Therefore, we have: God the invisible Spirit, God as the visible LORD God the Father, and God as the visible Lord Jesus, the Christ. The ONE who is known by me as three personages while the Three are ONE.

All equally the ONE living God.

Isaiah 43:11 I (God), even I, am the LORD (a created visage); beside ME (as God and LORD) there is no savior.
    This, of course, contradicts trinitarian theology according to which the Son and the Holy Spirit are uncreated and have preexistence. I don't know why the Trinity poses a problem. It defies logic, yes. But this is exactly what we expect of God, i.e., that He transcends our mental categories. Some people say that they cannot believe in the Christian God because the God image disagrees with their sense of logic. That's hubris! They really think that they shall be able to understand God, in a sense to stand above Him and look down upon Him. The Trinity is the best we can do with our earthly minds. It is the best God image there is.

Mats

Leave a comment:

• oatmeal
    replied
    Originally posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Hmmmmmm.....

1Cor 13:8
    8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed.
    Experiencing the love of Christ surpasses knowledge!
    Last edited by oatmeal; October 21st, 2017, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1Mind1Spirit
    replied
    Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
    Would you rather be loved or acquire knowledge?
    Hmmmmmm.....

1Cor 13:8
    8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be restrained; where there is knowledge, it will be dismissed.

Leave a comment:

• oatmeal
    replied
    Would you rather be loved or acquire knowledge?

Leave a comment:

• Lon
    replied
    Originally posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Those verses don't say his love is without measure.

They say there is a comprehensible width and length and depth and height.

Your case might be better made comparing it to the innumerable amount of Saints.
    Ephesians 2:19 "...surpasses knowledge...."

Ephesians 3:20,21

Leave a comment:

Working...
X