Our triune God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nang View Post
    PneumaPsucheSoma has given TOL a glimpse into the practice of theurgy . . .
    Not in the least. But you and all your peers have given TOL a glimpse into the practice of diaclectically manufactured doctrines of men as an excursion into the non-existence of God.

Your DyoHypoTrin god can't and doesn't exist. He isn't even Self-existent. It's pure gnostic sophistry.
    Ecclesia reformata et semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei
    “The Church reformed and always reforming, according to the Word of God.”

Comment

• Originally posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
      What a crock, indeed, if you think God has an inherent form as a body.
      Why would Jesus say, "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form."

If the Father is shapeless why would Jesus see the Jews had not seen his form?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamie View Post
        Why would Jesus say, "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form."

If the Father is shapeless why would Jesus see the Jews had not seen his form?
        If you knew what eidos meant, and what it is in overall context to the passage AND the remainder of scripture, you wouldn't have to ask.

And it might be helpful to know that idol (eidolon) is derived from eidos.

It would also be beneficial to know that eidos is NOT schema, morphe, homotoma, theoria, or horama; though they're all synonyms in some manner.

I'll never understand why you and the majority are always so quick to make such adamant assumptions and assertions from your finite minds, especially without even taking into consideration the scope of meaning from the original langauge.

Comment

• Hi,

update-

I understand God to be one person who has a form and a presence.

Jesus is Gods son, the man who dwells forever now in Gods presence.

LA
          My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazy afternoon View Post
            Hi,

update-

I understand God to be one person who has a form and a presence.

Jesus is Gods son, the man who dwells forever now in Gods presence.

LA
            Hi,

Thanks for the update. Personally, I previously wasn't sure what your position was on God's constitution. Now I know.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Personally, I previously wasn't sure what your position was on God's constitution. Now I know.
              I am always ready to learn.

I had long time wondered why Jesus would eat after He was resurrected but I do know now.

LA
              My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

I am always ready to learn.

I had long time wondered why Jesus would eat after He was resurrected but I do know now.

LA
                Though it may not seem so, I'm not really here to argue with Unitarians, Arians, Sabellians, and the like. In fact, I'm not really here to argue at all; though any debate format like a discussion forum includes that.

My big beef is with the many DyoHypoTrinitarians who are leaving everyone else outside the faith and calling them all "cultists" in the most vile manner when their own allegedly O/orthodox doctrine is, itself, heterodox to scripture which gives us only ONE hypostasis for God.

So I end up in strong conflict with DyoHypoTrins who refuse to recognize the inane paradoxes of their own presumed position, which is littel more than ideologized and indoctrinated dogma handed down in a conceptual form.

Comment

I'll never understand why you and the majority are always so quick to make such adamant assumptions and assertions from your finite minds, especially without even taking into consideration the scope of meaning from the original langauge.
                  Yeah, I'm not going by all that. I'm just going by what Jesus said since he has actually seen the Father.

As for me, I am not going to have a father who is not a person with whom I can communicate. A formless father is just not for me, I could not relate.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not going by all that. I'm just going by what Jesus said since he has actually seen the Father.

As for me, I am not going to have a father who is not a person with whom I can communicate. A formless father is just not for me, I could not relate.
                    I did get an insight like that into why the KJV uses Holy Ghost and not Holy Spirit.

LA

Comment

Okay. I just yield to the text rather than demand God be whatever it is I prescribe as appropriate for myself and my own concepts.

Comment

No, it's not a theory.

Why? It was inane. Oh... nevermind. Now I know. It's because it was inane.
                        It is a bizarre theory that is difficult to understand and sounding more like Oneness/modalism than trinitarianism?

It is philosophical, not explicitly biblical. Has anyone else ever articulated the same view as you?

Is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit personally distinct conscious centers? Speak English, not your own philosophical in-house language. You are not communicating, but confusing everyone.
                        Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
                        I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
                          You are not communicating, but confusing everyone.
                          BINGO!!

The demonic purpose of all mystical/cultic teachings is solely meant to confuse and distract from the biblical gospel of Jesus Christ.
                          "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
                          Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
                          Charles Spurgeon

Comment

BINGO!!

The demonic purpose of all mystical/cultic teachings is solely meant to confuse and distract from the biblical gospel of Jesus Christ.
                            Can you explain the mystery of the trinity which was formulated over many years by the RCC which doctrines you follow?

LA

Comment

Can you explain the mystery of the trinity which was formulated over many years by the RCC which doctrines you follow?

LA
                              The truth of divine Trinity contains infinite mystery, but such is not the same as mystical and demonic distractions purposed to detract from the revelation God has given of Himself to man.
                              "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
                              Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
                              Charles Spurgeon

Comment

BINGO!!

Originally posted by Nang View Post
                                The truth of divine Trinity contains infinite mystery, but such is not the same as mystical and demonic distractions purposed to detract from the revelation God has given of Himself to man.
                                What a bunch of entitled double-standardized bloviational nonsense. You must demonize everything beyond your understanding tainted by YOUR alleged mystery.

The Gospel is Jesus Christ and Him crucified; not the DyoHypoTrinity doctrine. YOU and YOUR PREDECESSORS AND PEERS are the ones who have diverted the Gospel to be the mystery of doctrines that are of men's formulation. I've just reformulated for the errors in response.

That's why I defend the Arians and Unitiarians and Sabellians, etc. It's because through the centuries, you hate-mongering DyoHypoTrins have anathematized, exiled, and murdered anyone who didn't agree with your false contrived dialectic doctrine of men's formulation. It's not because I agree with them or think they're right.

It's YOUR behavior that distracts from the simple Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him crucified. You've replaced the Gospel with the DyoHypoTrin doctrine. Period. So accuse yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X