ECT Our triune God

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
What's the precise difference between plural hamartia and hamartema? Do you even have ANY idea?

What's the difference between singular and plural hamartia, articular and anarthrous hamartia, hamartano, and hamartema? Do you have the remotest clue?

(I know you don't. But you're amongst an almost unamimous majority of those professing to be believers.)

:chuckle: Do you read signs? Because that's pretty funny right there.

Good one, right on. :)

IOW... You don't know any of the differences. Yet you live your life according to whatever meager understanding you have.

The RCC doesn't know, either. They've got everyone repenting constantly for hamartema. It's not biblical at all.

Hamartia, both singular and plural, is repented of unto salvation. Plural hamartia is confessed for forgiveness and cleasing.

Just like several other things, the RCC is built on a false foundation of incomplete teaching from the very scripture breathed by God that was canonized.

Just briefly and concisely tell me the distinctions between singular/plural and articular/anarthrous hamartia; and between the forms of hamartia and hamartano and hamartema.

You can't. The Pope can't. None of your peers can. Catechal material can't. The false priesthood can't. Yet you purport that this institution and its false practices are the pillar and ground of truth AS an institution apart from believers themselves.

Fail. Epic Fail.

Lon

Thank you Steko, Jesus is God

Thank you Steko, Jesus is God

Powerful testimony, and a powerful verse at the end that claims Jesus is God.

It's all well and good for one in his leisure to pray a nice, polite, formulaic prayer to the Father in Jesus' name. I do this like others do.
But, when my third son was turning blue with marshmallow stuck in his windpipe, it was 'JE-E-E-E-E-E-SUS!!!!!!!!' and out popped the marshmallow.
When my infant daughter was turning blue with whooping-cough, it was the same.
When I was pulling an overloaded trailer with a light pickup truck and the trailer began pushing me down a long hill at 60mph towards a narrow concrete bridge and the trailer began slinging the whole rig from one side of the road to the other and I screamed 'JE-E-E-E-SUS!!!!......the rig straightened out at the last second and went straight through the gap.
When an F-5 tornado centered on my house with my whole family in it and me in the shop behind it...when it hit I dove under a welding table as the whole building collapsed and much of it blew away, I was on my knees screaming 'JE-E-E-E-SUS!!!!!' I emerged without a scratch and my house with my family in it was left intact, though it was a direct hit. There have been many more instances than these.
When the universe is fleeing away, there is no other place to go but to Him. He is the only mediator between GOD and man.

Act 7:59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Stephen knew who to turn to!

Yes...yes, I do!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Powerful testimony, and a powerful verse at the end that claims Jesus is God.

Saying Jesus is God is meaningless since we know the word "God" is generic. The real issue is whether Jesus is the Most High, the Supreme Being.

Lon

I have neglecting thanking people for contributing in this thread.
Here goes:
Original thanks on page 63 and page 68

Thank you Lighthouse for showing God is Father Son and Spirit
Thank you Apple for encouraging me in thread and helping carry it
Thank you Fzappa for your kind words and thread support
Thank you Wiley for helping in thread answering those needing correction
Thank you GloryDaz for going off-topic while remaining very on-topic :noway:
Thank you Steko, posted as a secondary source and his testimony about the Lord Jesus as God
Thank you Bright Raven for lifting up the Pre-incarnate Lord Jesus Christ
Thank you Totton for Isaiah 9:6 reminder
Thank you Grosnick Marowbe for a short treatise of John 1:1
Thank you Old Hermit for supporting John 1:1 in this thread
Thank you Tambora for lifting up the Name
Thank you PneumaPsucheSoma for taking the bull by the horns, for embracing truth and questioning it, for forgiveness, graciousness, for working through doctrine, and having come through, to carrying the thread and owning it as your own as well (large thank you but you are a large part of it and I thank God)
Thank you Bybee for keeping a few of the attackers at bay
Thank you Ask Mr Religion for discussing OT Trinitarian views and providing many more resources and posts
Thank you GodRulz Jesus is God
Thank you Christian Liberty OT to NT view of God is triune
Thank you Spitfire for showing that Jesus is God
Thank you Muzicman for sharing the importance of creeds and why we should embrace them
Thank you Ccrusader for sharing your Trinitarian explanation
Thank you DaSoji1 for Trinitarian analogy
Thank you Moonbeam for clarifying questions
Thank you Jason for giving your Trinitarian understanding
Thank you Beloved for showing the Holy Spirit is God
Thank you Nihilo for showing the Name
Thank you George Affleck for calling all to adhere to and not go beyond Scripture revelation
Thank you Nick M "thus sayeth the Lord" = Jesus, "I say to you"
Thank you Right Divider the Son's honor is equal to the Father's as God
Thank you Daniel 1611 for showing Jesus is God
Thank you Sozo for explaining there is only one Lord
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Many of you, in addition to initial thanks, also carried the thread and I really appreciate that and thank you, too.
This thread is so long that if I forgot you, please forgive the oversight.

Finally, thank you mods for bans and ousting the contentious from this thread. I appreciate your long-suffering and have learned to be slow-to-wrath and I pray it sticks. I really appreciate your level-heads in every consideration of what needs to be done and where grace should rule. In Him, many thanks to you all -Lon

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not for Trinitarian theology.

That may be true, but I was speaking from a biblical aspect.

From a biblical aspect God is a common noun, it's not really someone's name. In fact, elohim is a plural noun. There is an unknown number of bene elohim.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Father who is Spirit is one person. (not formless)

The Fathers son is a man (one person.)

The Holy Spirit after the sons resurrection and ascension is the Fathers Spirit permeated in the Spirit of His son, and visa versa.

LA

Lon

From a biblical aspect God is a common noun, it's not really someone's name. In fact, elohim is a plural noun. There is an unknown number of bene elohim.
Not really true. God gave Moses His name and it is a sacred name, even this day, to Jews. You can make excuses for any poor theology but that's you making scripture mold to you rather than allowing scripture to mold us. It becomes a contest of wills and I endeavor to subjugate mine to His and His word.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Not really true. God gave Moses His name and it is a sacred name, even this day, to Jews. You can make excuses for any poor theology but that's you making scripture mold to you rather than allowing scripture to mold us. It becomes a contest of wills and I endeavor to subjugate mine to His and His word.

To be precise, God never gave Moses any actual "name". He simply said "I AM" which is rendered as YHWH. People try to turn that into a name like Yahweh or Jehovah, but it never was a real name, even though it is referred to as a name. In fact, it was a denial of a name.

"In revealing his mysterious name, YHWH ("I AM HE WHO IS", "I AM WHO AM" or "I AM WHO I AM"), God says who he is and by what name he is to be called. This divine name is mysterious just as God is mystery. It is at once a name revealed and something like the refusal of a name, and hence it better expresses God as what he is - infinitely above everything that we can understand or say: he is the "hidden God", his name is ineffable, and he is the God who makes himself close to men"

Lon

To be precise, God never gave Moses any actual "name". He simply said "I AM" which is rendered as YHWH. People try to turn that into a name like Yahweh or Jehovah, but it never was a real name, even though it is referred to as a name. In fact, it was a denial of a name.

"In revealing his mysterious name, YHWH ("I AM HE WHO IS", "I AM WHO AM" or "I AM WHO I AM"), God says who he is and by what name he is to be called. This divine name is mysterious just as God is mystery. It is at once a name revealed and something like the refusal of a name, and hence it better expresses God as what he is - infinitely above everything that we can understand or say: he is the "hidden God", his name is ineffable, and he is the God who makes himself close to men"

So Catholics do not believe YHWH is a name, but Jews and others do. Interesting? Do you speak for all Catholics on this?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not really true. God gave Moses His name and it is a sacred name, even this day, to Jews.

Elohim is a common noun. God is elohim, angels are elohim and humans are elohim.

How common do you want to get?

The Most High revealed himself as I am, meaning I exist and also as YHVH meaning the existing one.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

So Catholics do not believe YHWH is a name, but Jews and others do. Interesting? Do you speak for all Catholics on this?

The quote in blue is from the Catechism, so that is the official teaching of the Church.

What I wrote right before the quote is, to me, just common sense. God told Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

God is saying he just IS: He is pure existence, pure life. No name can fit him because he is so far above such things.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
God gave Moses His name and it is a sacred name, even this day, to Jews.

Which brings up another question. We know the LORD made Moses a God to Pharaoh so why isn't Moses listed with the other three Gods?

Why did Moses get shut out? The Torah records Moses as being a great God so what do Christians have against Moses that they don't acknowledge Moses as one of their Gods?

It's just not fair.

:idunno:

Lon

Hi to all , and there are many who say that Jesus is NOT God , but a created person .

In Phil 2:10 , it reads , In order that at the name of JESUS every

K N E E should Bow , of those in Heaven , and those on Earth and those Under the Earth .

To me , it means those from creation on !

In verse 10 , " should bow /Kampto " is in the Past Tense and that means all will Bow .

In Isa 43:15 says , i am the Lord , your Holy One , the Creator of Israel , your King , and that means Jesus the Christ .

Also John 1:1 proves that Jesus the LOGOS is God and reads in the Greek " the LOGOS " .

Jesus Christ is God and you will all BOW whether you like Jesus as God or not !!

dan p

Yep.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I am reading Augustine's treatise on the Trinity, and he teaches that those outside of Christ, will never see Father God . . . not even on Judgment Day.

Only those redeemed in Christ and written in His Book, will see the full glory of God the Father, through the intercession of the Son.

Those reprobates, judged to hell for their unbelief of the Son, will never, ever, even get a glimpse of the Father or the full glory of God Almighty.

Lon

John 1:1 Literally means "both/and," "tri- and -une"

John 1:1 Literally means "both/and," "tri- and -une"

:sigh: Again "Both/AND" not "either/or"

The scripture says "both/and."
Lon doesn't say it, the scripture says it:

"...was [literally] with God AND [literally] was God."

LITERALLY --> "both/and"

Lon

Trimming this up so it makes the point

Trimming this up so it makes the point

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Col 1:15 who is the image of the invisible God, the First-born of all creation.
Col 1:16 For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers, all things were created through Him and for Him.
Col 1:17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And He is the Head of the body, the church, who is the Beginning, the First-born from the dead, that He may be pre-eminent in all things.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all fullness should dwell.
Er, "God" created the Heavens and the Earth, therefore Christ is God.

Nobody with half a grammar education can miss this.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Er, "God" created the Heavens and the Earth, therefore Christ is God.

Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace. (2 Thessalonians 2:16)​

Therefore Jesus Christ is our Lord but not our father. Our Father is God.

We can't marry our father, that's against the law.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace. (2 Thessalonians 2:16)​

Therefore Jesus Christ is our Lord but not our father. Our Father is God.

We can't marry our father, that's against the law.

No trinitarian says that the Son is the Father.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
No trinitarian says that the Son is the Father.

I'll quote it for you, "Er, "God" created the Heavens and the Earth, therefore Christ is God." (Lon)

But you may be right, Lon is not a trinitarian he is a tri-unitarian. I'm not sure what the difference is but you probably know.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I'll quote it for you, "Er, "God" created the Heavens and the Earth, therefore Christ is God." (Lon)

But you may be right, Lon is not a trinitarian he is a tri-unitarian. I'm not sure what the difference is but you probably know.

Lon said that 'Christ is GOD'.
He didn't say that Christ is the Father.

The trinitarian claim is that there is only one eternal being who is GOD by nature and that one true GOD subsists in three persons.
The Father is GOD, the Son is GOD and the Holy Spirit is GOD.
One being.....three persons.