Our triune God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
    I have not heard what group you identify with. I also do not clearly understand your views.
    I grew up as Southern Baptist. My dad liked the choir and the sermons were not too long.

I was even baptised. It looked like fun and was something I had never done.

Comment

To start, is there one true God or many Gods/gods?
      God is a generic term translated into English from the Greek theos. The meaning must be determined from the context. For example, the term Most High refers to the supreme God, but if there is a Most High God there are obviously less high gods, such as our brother Jesus Christ and such as was Adam.

Comment

• Originally posted by jamie View Post
        I grew up as Southern Baptist. My dad liked the choir and the sermons were not too long.

I was even baptised. It looked like fun and was something I had never done.
        Have you abandoned their beliefs? They are trinitarian.
        Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
        I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

God is a generic term translated into English from the Greek theos. The meaning must be determined from the context. For example, the term Most High refers to the supreme God, but if there is a Most High God there are obviously less high gods, such as our brother Jesus Christ and such as was Adam.
          There is one true God by nature and many false or so-called gods, not God by nature (Gal. 4:8; I Cor. 8:4-6). Jesus is not false god, not lesser god (which is pagan polytheism if He is a true God), but He is God Almighty. He has the names, titles, attributes, deeds, position, etc. of the Father. This is not true about Satan, angels, bad judges in Psalms, Adam, etc.

You were SBC. What are you now?

Comment

You were SBC. What are you now?
            Now I am unaffiliated and non-aligned.

Comment

He has the names, titles, attributes, deeds, position, etc. of the Father.
              Except one, Jesus is not the Most High God. Jesus has the same God we do.

Comment

Except one, Jesus is not the Most High God. Jesus has the same God we do.
                Is. 9:6=Messiah/Jesus=Mighty God.

Is. 10:21=YHWH=Mighty God (el gibbor in Hebrew).

JWs say that Jesus is Mighty God, not Almighty God. This is a nonsensical argument since there is one true God according to Isaiah and many false gods with YHWH knowing no other gods (polytheism) and not forming any gods before or after Him.

The key is GOD, not the adjective. Holy, loving, mighty, Almighty, Sovereign, righteous, faithful, merciful, etc. all modify GOD, not God and a god.

What group do you identify with? Your views are JW/Arian, cultic, not biblical, historical, orthodox Christianity.

Jn. 1:1; Jn. 5:18; Jn. 10:30-33; Jn. 8:58; Jn. 20:28, etc. with Revelation Alpha/Omega, First/Last/Beginning/End, etc. is sufficient to refute your view.

Comment

...is sufficient to refute your view.
                  And two words refute your view, Most High.

Comment

• If Jesus Christ is the Son of the most high, WHO IS THE MOST HIGH GOD?
                    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Comment

And two words refute your view, Most High.
                      God is Most High, but Jesus is also Almighty/Most High. He is YHWH.

Comment

• Originally posted by keypurr View Post
                        If Jesus Christ is the Son of the most high, WHO IS THE MOST HIGH GOD?
                        Most High refers to the one true God, but God is triune, not solitary, so Father, Son, Holy Spirit or GOD can be said to be Most High. Son of God is equality of nature, not inferiority.

Comment

The Most High is the one to whom Jesus prayed and to whom he instructed the Jews to pray, specifically our Father in heaven.
                          But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3)

The Most High is Christ's God, the one who resurrected him from the dead.

Comment

I'm surprised you are not familiar with this term. I am aware that you complained to the moderators about my use of the term, but the term is used in 48 verses of the Bible. Here is one example.
                            For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him. (Hebrews 7:1)

I realize trinitarians don't like the term because it clearly indicates Jesus Christ is subject to his Father's authority rather than being co-equal.

You probably ought to complain to the moderators about the letter to the Hebrews using the term Most High God since you don't believe there is such a thing. Co-equal? Not even.

So go ahead and complain about my continued use of the term. Maybe I should complain about your complaining. If I am banned for using the term Most High then I shouldn't be here to begin with.

Why don't you post a list of all the biblical terms to which you object. At least that would give a more fair playing field. As it is I had no reason to believe you would be offended by the use of the term Most High. There, I've said it again, so complain again.

Someone should complain about frivolous complaints. It won't be me because I'm not a complainer nor a tattle tale. Maybe you should be the one to complain about your frivolous complaint since you've had practice complaining.

Comment

The Most High is the one to whom Jesus prayed and to whom he instructed the Jews to pray, specifically our Father in heaven.
                              But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3)

The Most High is Christ's God, the one who resurrected him from the dead.
                              Headship is functional, not ontological. A husband and wife are equal in their human nature, but headship is a functional issue. Other verses show the essential, eternal equality of Father and Son, with a functional/positional subordination during incarnation, etc.

keypurr is anti-trin and agrees with you.

Comment

keypurr is anti-trin and agrees with you.
                                I don't think so or he would not have complained about my use of the term Most High. That doesn't make sense.

Most High is a biblical term used in 48 verses of the Bible. It's not something I just made up. It never occured to me that someone would be offended by the term and complain to the moderators.

I didn't mean it to be offensive but I guess I will hear about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X