Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You make it sound as if uninvited guests can just barge in and ruin someone's nice little tea party. There is such a thing as "ignore," ya know. If nobody wants to engage with them then they're not going to be wasting too much space on our computer screens.
    Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
    Uncertain salvation.
    Luck of the draw.
    Irresistible damnation.
    Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
      I realize this is not going to make everyone happy but I have discussed this issue with the other TOL owners and here is the decision we have made regarding the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Originally when we decided to create this forum we wanted a place to discuss AND debate Christian theology without unbelievers distracting the debate with mindless comments like... "so... how did all the animals fit on the ark?" or... "the Bible has been translated so many times.... bla bla bla".

The "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum was never intended to be a place where there would be no debate..... and excluding those who think they are Christian based on our standard of Christianity excludes too many possible participants to promote healthy debate.

Therefore...
      The new standard for the "Exclusively Christian Theology" is to allow anyone to post here who considers themselves to be Christian and considers the Bible to be inspired by God.

Yes that creates a much bigger tent, but that's a good thing for healthy debate!

So... if you consider yourself a Christian and you consider the Bible to be the inspired word of God then you are welcome to post in the "Exclusively Christian Theology" forum.

Furthermore...
      We are also willing to let any other unbeliever or follower of another religion post here if they are honestly seeking an answer to a question or have constructive input to the discussion. In other words... if an atheist has a question about God and he asks it in an honest, upfront way we will gladly deal with that question without booting him out of the forum.

Said in short...
      This particular forum will be dedicated to debating biblical issues without debating the legitimacy of the Bible itself.

There are plenty of other forums here at TOL for debating the legitimacy of the Bible.

And unlike morality the above rules and guidelines are very SUBJECTIVE so we ask that you honor our moderators requests if your input if out of line for this particular forum.

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.
      Sorry Knight, but the decision was deplorable to learning. I believe that there is no learning in the tit-tattering of common beliefs. The word is controversy. That's where the learning is. The wealth of Judaism, for example is owed mostly to the controversial disputes between Hillel and Shamai. That's why Jews have such a rich extra Biblical Literature, whose role is to serve as fences around the commandments of the Torah. It is indeed a pity that you should have taken such a decision. Since you have left a small opening to non-Christians who have a mind to learn, I'll keep posting till you tell me to stop for any reason of your own.
      Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Krsto View Post
        You make it sound as if uninvited guests can just barge in and ruin someone's nice little tea party. There is such a thing as "ignore," ya know. If nobody wants to engage with them then they're not going to be wasting too much space on our computer screens.
        Tell me Krsto, what learning there is in a tit-tattering of common beliefs around a nice little tea party table? Learning is found in controversy. The refusal to engage only depicts instability of the ground where faithfuls stand. Can you live with that weakness?
        Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Masada View Post
          Tell me Krsto, what learning there is in a tit-tattering of common beliefs around a nice little tea party table? Learning is found in controversy. The refusal to engage only depicts instability of the ground where faithfuls stand. Can you live with that weakness?
          Ben
          Not me Ben. I prefer real debate. I was saying that for the sake of those who want to keep people off a forum rather than just ignore them and let those who want to engage with them engage with them.
          Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
          Uncertain salvation.
          Luck of the draw.
          Irresistible damnation.
          Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

Sorry Knight, but the decision was deplorable to learning. I believe that there is no learning in the tit-tattering of common beliefs. The word is controversy. That's where the learning is. The wealth of Judaism, for example is owed mostly to the controversial disputes between Hillel and Shamai. That's why Jews have such a rich extra Biblical Literature, whose role is to serve as fences around the commandments of the Torah. It is indeed a pity that you should have taken such a decision. Since you have left a small opening to non-Christians who have a mind to learn, I'll keep posting till you tell me to stop for any reason of your own.
            Ben
            Ben you have the ENTIRE rest of TheologyOnline to post in.

Several years ago we created the Exclusively Christian Forum based on the requests of our overwhelmingly Christian membership. They wanted just one forum where they could discuss Christian topics without the typical distractions. I think that's fair.

I really couldn't care less that you don't like my rules. And if you reject my rules I will simply ban you from the forum. And sorry to say but that doesn't bother me in the least.
            Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
            TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• I think the majority of people who believe in Jesus (and only Jesus as their savior) and believe the bible to be the inspired Word of God should have their message spoken of without interruption or without any watering down of what is true and right on at least one section on TOL.

I mean, originally when I first came to TOL: I was shocked to find so many non christians on the site.

This is not being cruel. There are plenty of other places on the forums to debate till your hearts content. What this does, is that it allows God's people to pull together in a place where they can feel at home without being attacked every ten seconds or without the message of what we are talking about being thrown off course by someone who is obviously looking to seek the Lord in truth.

I mean, when I gather among christians within a public church group to talk about the things of God, there are no atheists, or cultists disrupting our conversations and study concerning the bible there.

But I pray that those who do not believe or who are in a biblical cult, will at least understand the reason why TOL is creating a safe harbor section for their fellow brothers. It is not because they do not care about you. They are doing it out of respect and love for their fellow brothers and for those who are looking for the Words of God in truth so they can be saved.

My prayers and love is upon you all.

Be well.

Sincerely,

~Jason.
              If you have never received the love that comes from accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, check out this thread here: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?132508-What-is-the-gospel-amp-what-is-it-s-end-goal-or-purpose-for-our-lives

Comment

Ben you have the ENTIRE rest of TheologyOnline to post in.

Several years ago we created the Exclusively Christian Forum based on the requests of our overwhelmingly Christian membership. They wanted just one forum where they could discuss Christian topics without the typical distractions. I think that's fair.

I really couldn't care less that you don't like my rules. And if you reject my rules I will simply ban you from the forum. And sorry to say but that doesn't bother me in the least.
                Okay Knight, I believe you and I am leaving before you ban me. But I would like to remind you of a small thing: Once, in a prayer of his, Jesus said that the Truth is the Word of God. (John 17:17) Perhaps he had in mind the words of the Psalmist who said that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psalm
                147:19,20) It means that if you were interested in the truth you would not reject the one who was planning to bring it to this section of the Forum. But days will come when Gentiles from several nations will reach for the garment of the Jews and beg to join them for having finally acknowledged that God is with us. (Zech. 8:23) Last but not least, just one more statement: I translate your decision as fear either of the message or of the messenger.

Have a good day sir!

Ben

Comment

Okay Knight, I believe you and I am leaving before you ban me. But I would like to remind you of a small thing: Once, in a prayer of his, Jesus said that the Truth is the Word of God. (John 17:17) Perhaps he had in mind the words of the Psalmist who said that the Word of God was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psalm
                  147:19,20) It means that if you were interested in the truth you would not reject the one who was planning to bring it to this section of the Forum. But days will come when Gentiles from several nations will reach for the garment of the Jews and beg to join them for having finally acknowledged that God is with us. (Zech. 8:23) Last but not least, just one more statement: I translate your decision as fear either of the message or of the messenger.

Have a good day sir!

Ben
                  Ben, you are really stuck on yourself.
                  If you wanted an open debate on a topic, you should have started your own thread on that topic, like you have done many times before.
                  The Exclusively Christian forum is for controversial debate of Christian issues among Christians.

You have made it clear that you do not consider yourself a Christian. The rules also allow for non-Christians to provide information or seek information on the topic of the thread, but it does not allow a non-Christian to carry on an extended debate or derail the thread.
                  Learn to read what is written.

_____
                  The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
                  ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

• Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
                    ... it does not allow a non-Christian to carry on an extended debate or derail the thread.
                    ... or disparage another Jew because he believes in Jesus and calls himself a Christian.
                    "It is easier to contend with evil at the first than at the last." - Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Have a good day sir!

Ben
                      Hos 2:21 "And in that day I will answer, declares the LORD, I will answer the heavens, and they shall answer the earth,
                      Hos 2:22 and the earth shall answer the grain, the wine, and the oil, and they shall answer Jezreel,
                      Hos 2:23 and I will sow her for myself in the land. And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, 'You are my people'; and he shall say, 'You are my God.'"

Isa 49:5 And now the LORD says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him-- for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength--
                      Isa 49:6 he says: "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the preserved of Israel; I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth."
                      "God foreknows nothing by contingency, but that he foresees, purposes, and does all things according to his immutable, eternal and infallible will. By this thunderbolt, "free will" is thrown prostrate and utterly dashed to pieces. Those therefore, who would assert "free will," must either deny this thunderbolt, or pretend not to see it, or push it from them." -Martin Luther

"The Church has surrendered her once lofty concept of God and has substituted for it one so low, so ignoble, as to be utterly unworthy of thinking, worshiping men. This she has not done deliberately, but little by little and without her knowledge; and her very unawareness only makes her situation all the more tragic." -A.W. Tozer

"He that has doctrinal knowledge and speculation only, without affection, never is engaged in the business of religion." -Jonathan Edwards

Comment

If you have any questions regarding these new guidelines please ask them on this thread.
                        Caino undermines large parts of the Bible by placing his sources as the legitimate truth.

Should he be allowed to post here?

Comment

• I would like to propose that “others” be allowed to post here a short invitation note to the open side of the forum to engage a person / people in broader discussion on the subject.

Let it be up to that person / people to accept the invitation or to reject.

I have learned a lot from Jews and give thanks to God for their willingness to do their part here.

Shalom

Comment

• When we see the list of threads how can we tell which ones are Exclusively Christian Theology?

--Dave
                            www.dynamicfreetheism.com
                            The only view of ultimate reality that provides
                            rational answers to the questions of human origin, destiny, and dignity.
                            The only view that proves the existence and explains
                            the nature of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sozo View Post
                              Unfortunately, I may be the only one who sees this as a step backwards, rather than forward.

I do not believe that everyone that comes here is here to debate, and there should be a sanctuary (of sort) to actually be safe from those who have no other agenda but to steal the truth from those who truly have a heart to know what that truth is.

I know that this may not be the main purpose of this site, but some people may have no other place to turn, and there are many out there who are hurting, and need to hear the hope that only those who have faith in the Jesus of the bible can offer them.

My main reason for being here, is to reach those people, and to stand firm in a presentation of the gospel that is undefiled, unperverted, and pure in it's simplicity.

That opportunity has been greatly diminished, and the cultist have won their day.

not a step backwards my friend, since there are many christian churches who believe different things it is good for us to "test" the spirits to see if they are true Debate doesn't have to mean fight we are all seeking the truth here. let us proceed wisely and in meekness of spirit, with the spirit of love which seeks not it's own but the best for each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by DFT_Dave View Post
                                When we see the list of threads how can we tell which ones are Exclusively Christian Theology?

--Dave
                                I don't need www.anything I have a bible. I prefer to read it through a program called e-sword, but that's only because it puts strongs numbers at a mouseclick and saves me boatloads of time looking up in a concordance

Comment

Working...
                                X