Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see this is exactly what I am talking about. You krisjans always have to do this. We pagan are simple minded? Why? Because we revere nature? Because we see the divine as plural? or is it just because that's all you can come up with to use against us when we don't swallow your religion hook, line, and sinker?

May Odin give you wisdom
    May Thor protect you
    May Freyr/Freyja give you fertility and
    May the ever watchful Heimdall alert you to any dangers headed your way

Hrothgar Odinsson
    Fire and Ice Kindred

Comment

• Originally posted by Hrothgar_Odinnsson View Post
      see this is exactly what I am talking about. You krisjans always have to do this. We pagan are simple minded? Why? Because we revere nature? Because we see the divine as plural? or is it just because that's all you can come up with to use against us when we don't swallow your religion hook, line, and sinker?

May Odin give you wisdom
      May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
      Fire and Ice Kindred
      I perceive you're a whiner, as well! Not a good sign! Vikings are supposed to be rough and ready for battle! You on the other
      hand, seem relatively weak and soft!

Comment

• Originally posted by Psalmist View Post
        I take it that you are not a John 14:6 believing, Romans 10:8-13 confessing born again/redeemed/washed in the blood of the lamb Christian.

Originally posted by Hrothgar_Odinnsson View Post
        Great insight Captain Obvious! What gave it away?

No I left the krisjan faith nearly 10 years ago

May Odin give you wisdom
        May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
        Fire and Ice Kindred
        The great insightful Captain Obvious here...

What gave it away? That Odin baloney.

My wisdom: Proverbs 3:5-6
        My protection: Psalm 121:1-8
        My fertility: is in the hands my Creator, the I AM, God himself
        My Keeper: Psalm 23:1-6, Hebrews 13:5, Hebrews 13:8, is the King of Kings, the Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ, the living son of the living God

Hrothgar_Odinnsson, my you find peace as you would have it, the path you are leads to destuction, what you believe and follow I believe makes you a "Psycho Ceramic" - "Crack Pot"

Thomas the Psalmist: Psalmist I can't believe you posted this.
        Psalmist: Thomas the Psalmist, I know, but I did.

It's "Think before click" time ... Here goes ... Click, send, post, posted.........
        sigpic

.....O LORD my God, in You I put my trust. Psalm 7:1
        .....To You, O LORD, I lift up my soul.
        Psalm 25:1

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia

The best portion of a person’s life -- are the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love. ~ William Wordsworth

Comment

Complete and utter nonsense.

Firstly, there are several hundred God/desses. Not just one. Monotheism is relatively new and can trace its origins to Zoroastrianism which first popped up in Persia.

Man has no need for salvation. Man is not inherently evil or flawed. Man simply is.

Jesus of Nazareth was never crucified, but rather a man closely resembling him was. Jesus took his pregnant wife Mary and fled to Gaul (the recently found pottery with his name on it in France). He was aided by the Roman authorities because the only thing he had done wrong is what today would be described as "criminal mischief". Since the Roman Governor could find not fault in the man, and yet the jews still wanted him dead, he aided his escape from the area.

As a historical document the bible is riddled with holes. In fact, it has more holes than swiss cheese. Lets take the first book for instance. In genesis after cain kills able he takes his wife and went to live in the land of Nod. Here is one of the first holes... Who is Cains wife? I suspect Cain ran off with Adam's first wife Lilith. Next, lets look into the life of your supposed savior. The first time we seethe Nazarene he is an infant, we then do not see him again until he is 12 in the temple. After which we don't see him again until he is 30. Now if you look in the gospel according to St. Thomas (which is not in the modern krisjan cannon thanks to the Council of Nicaea) we see Jesus as a 5 year old child. In one of the stories we see that Jesus is playing with another little boy. He apparently got angry with the boy he was playing with and shoved him off the roof of the house. When questioned Jesus claims he did no such thing and brought the boy back to life, who then proceeded to claim that he slipped off the roof.

There is no place of eternal damnation. No compassionate god would ever destroy one of his creations just because they didn't agree on philosophy. Nor will anyone be punished for having one belief and not another.

I am both a Henotheist and a Hard Polytheist. I believe that all gods recorded throughout history exist, however I hold on to the Gods of my ancestors.
          1. Where is your evidence that any of this is true?
          2. You should capitalize personal pronouns, such as the names of countries, religious or ethnic groups and people. Also, Cain's brother was Abel, not "able." Just trying to be helpful.

I do believe that Theology is the belief in/ or the study of the divine. this is not a strictly krisjan notion. now if this was started by krisjans than the erred in naming the forum.
          There was no error in the naming of the forum as the intent of the Christian who began this forum was to encourage debate over all theology. But it is still a Christian forum, in that it is run by Christians and biased toward Christianity.

That't the problem with you krisjans. You cant stand talking to someone of a different faith. You will just walk away or try to ban them on forums and facebook pages etc. No one says you have to like me, but you do have to respect me.
          You will not be banned as long as you follow the rules.

However, some of your statements are blasphemous against Christianity because you stated them as fact and not just as something you believe.

I am discussing an issue. The issue of your SoF. I am not bashing it but showing you evidence why your system of belief is wrong. And like I said earlier that's you krisjans not wanting to have an actual theological discussion. you would rather ignore/ban the person who has a different belief than you.
          Can you back this up regarding TOL?

May Odin give you wisdom
          May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
          Fire and Ice Kindred
          You can set up a signature line for this, so you don't have to type it out every time you post. And so people don't have to delete it with every post of yours they quote when they respond to you.
          sigpic

Comment

I am discussing an issue. The issue of your SoF. I am not bashing it but showing you evidence why your system of belief is wrong. And like I said earlier that's you krisjans not wanting to have an actual theological discussion. you would rather ignore/ban the person who has a different belief than you.

I am not trying to be a scary viking. I am what I am. None of what I say is said to be threatening or to incite fear in anyone. Just because my Gods are a race of warriors doesn't mean we are trying to kill everyone we see.
            OK, fair enough.

My point is, this is a post from an admin, for users to read and understand, not necessarily agree with, definitely not to start a debate about, at least not HERE. This is like arguing outside a restaurant about the hours of operation or the no shoes, no shirt, no service sign. Either go in and order or find another place to eat, why are you outside screaming at the signage. If you have something to say, start a thread or chime in on an existing discussion, quit sweating the SoF, you don't have to believe it.
            Sola Scriptura! : Sola Fide! : Sola Gratia! : Solus Christus! : Sola Deo Gloria!

Comment

I am not trying to be a scary viking. I am what I am. None of what I say is said to be threatening or to incite fear in anyone. Just because my Gods are a race of warriors doesn't mean we are trying to kill everyone we see.

May Odin give you wisdom
              May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
              Fire and Ice Kindred
              When will you start presenting your evidence? So far, I see some assertions, but no evidence.
              Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

May Odin give you wisdom
                Maybe you were busy that day?
                Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

see this is exactly what I am talking about. You krisjans always have to do this. We pagan are simple minded? Why? Because we revere nature? Because we see the divine as plural? or is it just because that's all you can come up with to use against us when we don't swallow your religion hook, line, and sinker?

May Odin give you wisdom
                  May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
                  Fire and Ice Kindred
                  Oh cool, a Viking. Are you in any Led Zeppelin songs?
                  Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
                  Uncertain salvation.
                  Luck of the draw.
                  Irresistible damnation.
                  Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

• Someone here has a subscription to HBO, .
                    I'm not a sinner, or preacher, all I have is slight of hand.

Comment

• Divine revelation is monotheism. Polytheism is pagan. Who is this nut?
                      Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
                      I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
                        Divine revelation is monotheism. Polytheism is pagan. Who is this nut?
                        A viking in search of a ship to sink!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                          A viking in search of a ship to sink!!
                          Godrulz need not worry then. His ship sank before it ever left the dock.
                          Atheism is a advertising nightmare as in what you see is what you get and when you die that's it. - DaveDodo007

Totally depraved doctrine.
                          Uncertain salvation.
                          Luck of the draw.
                          Irresistible damnation.
                          Persecution of the saints.

Courtesy of Desert Reign

Comment

• Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                            I perceive you're a whiner, as well! Not a good sign! Vikings are supposed to be rough and ready for battle! You on the other
                            hand, seem relatively weak and soft!
                            None of that was "whiny"

Originally posted by Psalmist View Post
                            The great insightful Captain Obvious here...

What gave it away? That Odin baloney.

My wisdom: Proverbs 3:5-6
                            My protection: Psalm 121:1-8
                            My fertility: is in the hands my Creator, the I AM, God himself
                            My Keeper: Psalm 23:1-6, Hebrews 13:5, Hebrews 13:8, is the King of Kings, the Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ, the living son of the living God

Hrothgar_Odinnsson, my you find peace as you would have it, the path you are leads to destuction, what you believe and follow I believe makes you a "Psycho Ceramic" - "Crack Pot"

Thomas the Psalmist: Psalmist I can't believe you posted this.
                            Psalmist: Thomas the Psalmist, I know, but I did.

It's "Think before click" time ... Here goes ... Click, send, post, posted.........
                            Ok here you go spouting biblical nonsense. First off the bible was written by man, not a god. Man tends to color whatever he does with his own thoughts and feelings.

Odin is no more baloney that is jesus. Just because you have been brainwashed to only call on jesus the white does not mean that other gods dont exist.

I ween that I hung on the windy tree
                            Hung there for nights full nine
                            with spear I was wounded and offered was I
                            To Odin, myself to myself
                            On the tree that none may ever know
                            What root beneath it runs

None made me happy with loaf nor horn
                            And there below I looked
                            I took up the runes, shrieking I took them
                            And forthwith back fell I

The path that I am on leads not to destruction but to Valhalla. Where I can do battle against my friends by day and feast at Odin's table by night, whilst I prepare for Ragnarok.

You krisjans are so lazy you didnt even give your god a name. I am that I am. What nonsense is this?

Why does my faith make me a crack pot? I see my Gods everyday. I feel the Gods each day. I feel the warmth of Sunna when she rises every day. I see the clouds that Frigga daily spins on her weave. I see the fecundity of the Earth, the gift of Frey and Freyja. I see the Bifrost, after the rains, which themselves are a gift of Thor.

May Odin give you wisdom
                            May Thor protect you

Hrothgar Odinsson
                            Fire and Ice Kindred
                            Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                            1. Where is your evidence that any of this is true?
                            2. You should capitalize personal pronouns, such as the names of countries, religious or ethnic groups and people. Also, Cain's brother was Abel, not "able." Just trying to be helpful.

There was no error in the naming of the forum as the intent of the Christian who began this forum was to encourage debate over all theology. But it is still a Christian forum, in that it is run by Christians and biased toward Christianity.

You will not be banned as long as you follow the rules.

However, some of your statements are blasphemous against Christianity because you stated them as fact and not just as something you believe.

Can you back this up regarding TOL?

You can set up a signature line for this, so you don't have to type it out every time you post. And so people don't have to delete it with every post of yours they quote when they respond to you.

The only evidence you have of your faith is a book you claim is divine, ye was written by men. I have stories of the Gods that were passed down throughout the ages. We have no "bible". We have what has been passed down, we have Sagas and Eddas that show us how to live our lives. We live by our virtues and morals. We strive to be like our Gods.

I should capitalize things. I don't always do that especially not after a 14 hour day of work. Same reason I don't really care how the names of the people in the bible are spelled.

In which case, you should not get your feelings hurt when someone who is a non krisjan comes here and voices their opinions. While this forum may be biased towards the krisjan faith, it might do you some good to have someone who is not krisjan on here to debate/discuss things with you.

There are many things which I will state as fact, yet you will not believe them because they are not part of your current cannon. There are several books of your bible that were purposely left out because they would reveal that not every book jives with the rest. Such as the books of Thomas, Jesus, Judas, and Mary.

You guys tend to make things up as you go not only that but you have a track record of killing those who oppose you. (i.e. the Crusades, the Witch hunts etc)

I know I can set up a signature. And I am not typing it. Copy and paste is fantastic. I prefer to make you delete it while copying my posts.

Originally posted by Chris_J View Post
                            OK, fair enough.

My point is, this is a post from an admin, for users to read and understand, not necessarily agree with, definitely not to start a debate about, at least not HERE. This is like arguing outside a restaurant about the hours of operation or the no shoes, no shirt, no service sign. Either go in and order or find another place to eat, why are you outside screaming at the signage. If you have something to say, start a thread or chime in on an existing discussion, quit sweating the SoF, you don't have to believe it.
                            Exactly to read and understand. I don't understand how you people can understand what is basically one of the youngest religions in the world. It was literally made up 1,980 (give or take) years ago. I did chime in. That's why we are having this discussion. I am not "sweating the SoF"

Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                            When will you start presenting your evidence? So far, I see some assertions, but no evidence.
                            I have shown plenty of evidence. Seems that you just have not read everything I have posted.

Originally posted by Quincy View Post
                            Someone here has a subscription to HBO, .
                            Wtf are you babbling about?

Godzrule Wtf are you trying to say? Polytheism is far older than monotheism as I have pointed out in a previous post.

My ship is afloat and water tight.

Comment

I have shown plenty of evidence. Seems that you just have not read everything I have posted.
                              You've posted a cute little story that has been handed down to you, you haven't posted any evidence.
                              Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Comment

• I have posted evidence. maybe you should read all of my posts.
                                What cute little story have I posted? Either you don't read everything or you are so blind you cannot see the evidence I posted.
                                But just so you have a feeling of accomplishment try this truth on for size.

Fact: your god cannot destroy his only adversary. Fact: your devil is allowed to have free reign over Earth, causing much disorder. Fact: your god created your devil knowing full well exactly what he would do. Conclusion: either your god is impotent or evil

Originally posted by CabinetMaker View Post
                                You've posted a cute little story that has been handed down to you, you haven't posted any evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X