Celebrating sinful behaviour

Truster

I just had someone I know celebrating because her unmarried daughter had a baby yesterday.

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who turn darkness to light and light to darkness, who replace bitter with sweet and sweet with bitter."

betsy123

Our society condones, promotes and even celebrates sinful behaviours.
It even goes far to force steadfast Christians to participate in them. The world is the devil's playground!

Some people are truly put to the test.
Like, a doctor who refuses to kill an unborn, can find himself in a lot of trouble
in some places.

Truster

There was a time and not so long ago when it was reasoned that because she had a child and exposed herself to such shame. That she must be insane and would have been put in an asylum for the insane. Today there is no shame, but shameful behaviour is celebrated.

Truster

This message is hidden because betsy123 is on your ignore list.

As well she knows, but she has no shame, either.

betsy123

Sorry to disappoint you......but in a forum, i don't react to the person/poster.
I react to the message. If I feel like responding, I will respond.

Last edited:

betsy123

There was a time and not so long ago when it was reasoned that because she had a child and exposed herself to such shame. That she must be insane and would have been put in an asylum for the insane.

The parents who'd done that - asylum - had displayed their own shameful behaviours!
Lol. What happened to counselling your daughter. What happened to forgiveness?
The parents had to mull too, where could they have gone wrong, after all they are her parents!

It shouldn't be a matter of "shame," because if that's the only reason - that she caused them shame, then it's a self-serving motivation on the parents' part. They only think of themselves (their reputation or social standing)!

It should be about right and wrong.

Who doesn't make any mistake? Who doesn't sin? Who is perfect?

betsy123

This message is hidden because betsy123 is on your ignore list.

"There is no peace unto the wicked".

Lol. The response isn't necessarily meant for you. :)
It could be for those who are interested in this topic.
Those who want to see feedbacks. The viewers!

I don't need a response from you. Don't clutter your own thread.

Just ignore me.

chair

It is possible to celebrate the birth of a child, irrespective of how the child was conceived. By the way, if one is anti-abortion, I would expect one to be more understanding of children born out of wedlock.

Truster

It is possible to celebrate the birth of a child, irrespective of how the child was conceived. By the way, if one is anti-abortion, I would expect one to be more understanding of children born out of wedlock.

I firmly understand abortion to be a just judgement to punish the wicked for their immoral behaviour. Some years ago I was doing research into this and discovered that anxiety so-called depression and suicide was off the scale when recorded among women that had abortions.

betsy123

I just had someone I know celebrating because her unmarried daughter had a baby yesterday.

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who turn darkness to light and light to darkness, who replace bitter with sweet and sweet with bitter."

In this day and age - the fact that the baby saw the light of day, is a very good day!
It means somebody opted for that baby to be born, instead of being aborted.

We don't know the full story behind that celebratory childbirth.
It could be that perhaps, indeed, there is something to celebrate about.

I can only speculate for a special reason to be celebratory:

The Prodigal Son!

Maybe, the mother's prayer to God has been answered!
This is a turning point for the errant daughter, maybe she came to Christ.
Or, maybe she saw her error and had asked for forgiveness and repented.

How can we forget the adulteress that was about to be stoned?

Maybe, the fractured parent-daughter relationship is healed - and with God - they will support one another in raising the innocent child.

Lol. For all we know, maybe God has something extra-big planned for this child!

betsy123

I firmly understand abortion to be a just judgement to punish the wicked for their immoral behaviour. Some years ago I was doing research into this and discovered that anxiety so-called depression and suicide was off the scale when recorded among women that had abortions.

How odd.

To put more stock into the illegitimacy of a child than the actual sin of murder.

Not only did the woman commit immorality, but by having abortion - she had compounded that sin with murder.

And abortion - murdering the baby - is the just judgement????
Just because of depression?

Lol - people get depressed for all sorts of reasons!
Even some married mothers who delivered a planned baby get post-partum blues - some to the point of committing suicide! Oh, boy. :angel:

chair

How odd.

To put more stock into the illegitimacy of a child than the actual sin of murder.

Not only did the woman commit immorality, but by having abortion - she had compounded that sin with murder.

And abortion - murdering the baby - is the just judgement????
Just because of depression?

Lol - people get depressed for all sorts of reasons!
Even some married mothers who delivered a planned baby get post-partum blues - some to the point of committing suicide! Oh, boy. :angel:

It is possible that Truster is very pleasant in person, but managed to hide it quite well on this thread.