Law Vs. Grace

Bradley D

Jesus was put to death an innocent man.

That is right. God sent Jesus to teach and to be a sacrifice for our sins. Jesus knew that from the beginning of ministry. Now how does that fit in with innocents of death row being put to death.

Lon

Lol. There is a continuation to that story about that particular child. You see, i was running a daycare. The next day, it was dad who pickled her up. She was the last child to be picked up. She started doing the same thing to her dada.
I could see that dad was uncomfortable with me being there as a witness (thus he wasn't doing anything to rectify that behaviour).
Finally I said....."I'm gong out. I see nothing. I hear nothing."
I left them... I heard the child say, "Ow, you hit me."
That was the end of that.

Years later, I heard the marriage ended in divorce. The child - an adoloscent at the time - had chosen to go with dad.
It makes sense, but, as a reminder, I don't think 'spanking' but 'correction and training' is more the goal. As I've also said, however, I've met plenty of people that believe they needed a spanking once or twice. For me, the discussion of this is very important. Some will spank, some will not. Hopefully all 'train a child in the way they should go, and when they are older, they will not depart.' :e4e:

betsy123

It makes sense, but, as a reminder, I don't think 'spanking' but 'correction and training' is more the goal. As I've also said, however, I've met plenty of people that believe they needed a spanking once or twice. For me, the discussion of this is very important. Some will spank, some will not. Hopefully all 'train a child in the way they should go, and when they are older, they will not depart.' :e4e:

The child grew up to be a very nice lady.
One day (in her teens), she knocked on my door for a visit! She also has good relationship with her mom.

Reactions: Lon