X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theo102
    replied
    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
    No, they are not. That is two ways of saying the same thing.
    No, that's a fiction used by statists to defraud people of their natural rights. People have natural rights, persons do not.

The word person derives from the word phersu, meaning mask, just as in the KJV the word person is a translation of the Hebrew word pan, meaning face.
    A man has a person, so a man is more than a person. Collectively, men, women, and children are people, not persons.

https://www.ldoceonline.com/dictiona...ut-your-person

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    Originally posted by Theo102 View Post
    Try talking about "We the Persons" in front of people who know about the US Constitution and see how many laughs it gets you.
    Using the word 'people' or using the word 'persons' has no bearing on what you said about the covenants.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    Revelation 12:14

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
    Revelation 2:2
    God says not to judge a chosen of His so you shouldn't do it then.

Acts 9:15 But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel.

One of David's wives could not bear children because she judged David, see 2 Samuel 6:20, and 2 Samuel 6:23.

In addition, see what happened to Moses sister Miriam when she judged Moses. God gave her leprosy. See Numbers 12:1-9, 15.

2 Peter 3:15 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, ]to their own destruction.

Leave a comment:

• Right Divider
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-01-23_9-54-05.png Views:	0 Size:	309.7 KB ID:	2732880
    People and persons are different things.
    No, they are not. That is two ways of saying the same thing.
    Last edited by Right Divider; January 23, 2020, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    God did not send incompetent Apostles.
    And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
    Revelation 12:14

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
    Revelation 2:2

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    That is just so false and silly it is almost funny.
    Try talking about "We the Persons" in front of people who know about the US Constitution and see how many laughs it gets you.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    It's the same reason that witnesses that are under oath have more credibility than those that don't, but the jeopardy is perjury in that case.

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
    Deuteronomy 18:20
    God did not send incompetent Apostles.

God also says not to judge a chosen of His.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied

It matters because people have rights that persons don't have.
    That is just so false and silly it is almost funny.

There is a difference between people and persons. Traditionally, persons was used when referring to a group of humans for which the exact number of humans was known. Example: Four persons were involved in the robbery. People was used as a mass noun when you didn't know the number of humans in a group. https://grammarpartyblog.com/2013/06...ons-vs-people/

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    That doesn't ,make sense and it is not based on truth.
    It's the same reason that witnesses that are under oath have more credibility than those that don't, but the jeopardy is perjury in that case.

But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
    Deuteronomy 18:20

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    You speak of things that just don't matter.
    It matters because people have rights that persons don't have.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    The reason is that prophets like Isaish have more credibility because they take on jeopardy when claiming to represent YHWH.
    That doesn't ,make sense and it is not based on truth.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    You speak of things that just don't matter.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    You have no business putting down Hebrews; not very reasonable of you to do that
    The reason is that prophets like Isaish have more credibility because they take on jeopardy when claiming to represent YHWH.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    Of course, the covenants have to do with people.

Leave a comment:

• Theo102
    replied
    Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
    God is telling Israel not to be proud, even though He chose them and separated them from other people.
    OK, so why would you argue that the context affects the meaning of "persons" when I said that "Neither the old covenant nor the new covenant relate to persons" (re Deuteronomy 10:17)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X