Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
    The King of Israel.

Are you really this lacking of knowledge about the throne of David?
    Is Jesus King of the Jews only?
    Wretched man that I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by steko View Post
      euaggelion existed in the Greek language long before the NT was written and meant good news about anything that was good news. Context explains what the particular good news is being referred to in the NT.

Did the twelve proclaim the gospel of the death, burial and resurrection of Christ at any point before the crucifixion of Christ took place?

Mar 1:14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
      Mar 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
      Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mar 11:10 Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.

Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
      Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob[Israel] for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

The gospel of the kingdom preached by the Lord Jesus and the twelve is obviously not the same as the gospel which Paul preached later:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
      1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
      1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
      1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
      Hello
      I agree with all that you said and thanks, I missed seeing the mention of the kingdom of David found in Mark 11:10

Comment

• Originally posted by turbosixx View Post
        Is Jesus King of the Jews only?
        Your childish tactics are tiresome.

Is He the King of Israel? Will He sit on the throne of His father David?

The King of Israel will rule the entire world as the Gentiles kings will come to bow before Him.

Rev 21:24 KJV And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Isa 60:11-12 KJV Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. (12) For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted.
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Your childish tactics are tiresome.
          Then quit quoting me.
          Wretched man that I am.

Comment

Then quite quoting me.
            Just because I reply to you does not mean that you need to be childish.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Comment

Just because I reply to you does not mean that you need to be childish.
              I'm glad you reply, what I don't care for is your insulting comments like this one: Your childish tactics are tiresome.
              Wretched man that I am.

Comment

I'm glad you reply, what I don't care for is your insulting comments like this one: Your childish tactics are tiresome.
                Your questions are childish. Sorry that the truth bothers you.

Comment

The "fellow citizens" is not "in Israel", but in the household GOD.

Eph 2:19 KJV Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
                  Which is the Israel which Gentiles used to be strangers in (Ephesians 2:12).

(See also post #81 above)

Comment

• Originally posted by DougE View Post
                    Israel had to believe Jesus was the Son of God and the Messiah to have eternal life (John 3:16).
                    Note that so does the rest of the world (John 3:16).

Originally posted by DougE View Post
                    Jesus nor the apostles preached the cross yet as did Paul; they preached the gospel of the kingdom.
                    Note that both Jesus and Paul preached the Cross (Matthew 20:28; 1 Corinthians 15:3), just as both preached the Kingdom of God (Luke 17:21, Romans 14:17).

--

John 15:5 speaks of abiding in Christ but says nothing about the church the body of Christ.
                    Note that it is the same principle as Ephesians 5:30. That is, John 15:5a refers to the idea of the body of Jesus Christ, of which all Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, are a part (1 Corinthians 12:13).

Also, the connection between them being part of the vine of the body of Christ, and them also being part of the good olive tree of Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29), is that the salvation which all Christians have in Christ comes only through the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 9:15), which God has made only with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

--

Romans 2:6-8 speaks to how God judges but God says there is none righteous in Romans 3:10 which shows that no one can be saved by their own good works or righteousness.
                    Note that Romans 3:10 refers to people before they become Christians, not after (2 Corinthians 7:1; 1 John 1:9).

Comment

• Originally posted by bibleverse2 View Post
                      Which is the Israel which Gentiles used to be strangers in (Ephesians 2:12).

(See also post #81 above)
                      Nope... and it won't come true just because you keep repeating it.

The body of Christ is NOT Israel. It it not part of Israel. It is a new creature.

Comment

Nope... and it won't come true just because you keep repeating it.

The body of Christ is NOT Israel. It it not part of Israel. It is a new creature.
                        Hey
                        Good point!!!...the church is not Israel but a new creature

Comment

• Originally posted by bibleverse2 View Post
                          Note that so does the rest of the world (John 3:16).

Note that both Jesus and Paul preached the Cross (Matthew 20:28; 1 Corinthians 15:3), just as both preached the Kingdom of God (Luke 17:21, Romans 14:17).

--

Note that it is the same principle as Ephesians 5:30. That is, John 15:5a refers to the idea of the body of Jesus Christ, of which all Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, are a part (1 Corinthians 12:13).

Also, the connection between them being part of the vine of the body of Christ, and them also being part of the good olive tree of Israel (Romans 11:17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29), is that the salvation which all Christians have in Christ comes only through the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28; 1 Corinthians 11:25; 2 Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 9:15), which God has made only with Israel (Jeremiah 31:31-34).

--

Note that Romans 3:10 refers to people before they become Christians, not after (2 Corinthians 7:1; 1 John 1:9).
                          Hello
                          John 3:18 has to be looked at in relationship to John 3:16 because what is required is to believe on the name of Jesus. There is nothing as yet in regard to the cross.

Jesus did not preach the cross as Paul did. In Matthew 20:28 Jesus is saying that he would die for the transgressions Israel committed under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15). Paul says all are freely justified by the redemption of Christ.

John 15:5 and Ephesians 5:30 can not be said to be the same. John 15:6 says any branch will be cast into the fire that is not fruitful; this refers to Israel being fruitful to enter the kingdom on earth.

The church is not Israel and is not under any covenant but rather is a new creature (Galatians 6:15); in Christ Jew and Greek are one and the middle partition separating them is done away with (Ephesians 2:14).

Comment

• Originally posted by DougE View Post
                            Jesus did not preach the cross as Paul did.
                            I believe that you meant that Jesus did NOT preach the cross as Paul did.

Comment

I believe that you meant that Jesus did NOT preach the cross as Paul did.
                              Hello
                              Right...I did edit it.. Jesus only spoke of his shed blood and resurrection for the new testament and to be raised to sit on David's throne.

Comment

Note that the body of Christ has been grafted into Israel (Romans 11:17,24).

(See post #99 above)

So the new creature (2 Corinthians 5:17) is part of New Covenant Israel (Hebrews 12:24).

(See post #22 above)

Also, all Christians, whether Jews or Gentiles, are spiritually Abraham's seed (Galatians 3:29), and Abraham's seed is Israel (Isaiah 41:8, Romans 11:1; 2 Chronicles 20:7), so the entire Church is Israel (Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10). Not just the Jews in the Church (Romans 11:1b), but also the Gentiles in the Church are spiritually Abraham's seed of promise (Romans 9:7-8,24) as Isaac was (Galatians 4:28) and as Jesus Christ is (Galatians 3:16,29). So both Jewish and Gentile Christians are heirs of all of the promises made by God to Israel (Ephesians 3:6, Ephesians 2:12,19, Romans 15:27, Galatians 3:29b, Romans 11:17,24).

Comment

Working...
                                X