The False Doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved'.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Many people or ministers try to tell people that once they become Christians they are guarranteed salvation, but is this doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved' what the Bible teaches, lets see. If you look in the Bible, salvation or to be saved, can be described as both past, present, and future, because it can be speaking of different aspects. If it is not understood, there can be confusion.

But the Bible clearly tells us that even those who are Christians can fall away from salvation...

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Timothy 3:5-7
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Hebrews 6:4-6
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

So those who teach or preach 'Once Saved, Always Saved' really are saying, "I can do whatever I want, as long as I claim to have accepted Jesus. Many try use this verse, "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38, 39.

Now its a promise, but does it say once a person is born again, it is impossible for him to lose his way and be lost? In fact, this verse is clearly talking about God's unconditional love towards man. You might also notice that the word "sin" was not included in the list of things which are unable to separate us from the love of God.

If we continue in sin, after we have asked Jesus to be our personal Saviour, are we really in a saved relationship, are we converted? "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." Hebrews 10:26.

We also have a few others that these teachers of 'Once Saved ,Always Saved' miss....
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Romans 2:13.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Galatians 5:19-23.

One is not saved just by becoming a Christian, the Bible clearly shows the doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved', is not true, but brought out by Satans helpters to deceive those who want cheap grace and a guick cover for their sins and living in its domain of evil, and they will depart from the faith of Jesus and lose salvation...

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" 1 Timothy 4:1.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
From gotquestions.org

Once a person is saved are they always saved? Yes, when people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. To be clear, salvation is more than saying a prayer or “making a decision” for Christ; salvation is a sovereign act of God whereby an unregenerate sinner is washed, renewed, and born again by the Holy Spirit (John 3:3; Titus 3:5). When salvation occurs, God gives the forgiven sinner a new heart and puts a new spirit within him (Ezekiel 36:26). The Spirit will cause the saved person to walk in obedience to God’s Word (Ezekiel 36:26–27; James 2:26). Numerous passages of Scripture declare the fact that, as an act of God, salvation is secure:

(a) Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, it is as if we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed—he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

(b) Paul asks two crucial questions in Romans 8:33-34 "Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Who will bring a charge against God's elect? No one will, because Christ is our advocate. Who will condemn us? No one will, because Christ, the One who died for us, is the one who condemns. We have both the advocate and judge as our Savior.

(c) Believers are born again (regenerated) when they believe (John 3:3; Titus 3:5). For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. The Bible gives no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

(d) The Holy Spirit indwells all believers (John 14:17; Romans 8:9) and baptizes all believers into the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). For a believer to become unsaved, he would have to be "un-indwelt" and detached from the Body of Christ.

(e) John 3:15 states that whoever believes in Jesus Christ will "have eternal life." If you believe in Christ today and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all. Hence, if you lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error.

(f) In a conclusive argument, Scripture says, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 8:38–39). Remember the same God who saved you is the same God who will keep you. Once we are saved, we are always saved. Our salvation is most definitely eternally secure!

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
Was Peter saved, then how do explain these verses...

Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Mark 8:33
But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Luke 4:8
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Fred Eans

BANNED
Banned
In heaven during the time of turmoil, Lucifer led one third of God’s Cildren astray. The other two thirds, just like today, there was all types. procrastinators, took no interest, sat back and watched, etc. There were some who like those who get lots of print in the Bible, that fought for God. He uses these to fulfill His Plan. So although the Apostles are not like they were in the first age, God realized this, and gave them a great leeway in fulfilling the purpose chosen for them. Just think what it would be like serving God then. But Paul being weak like us all, I can just see Jesus smiling at him. Jesus was not talking to Peter, but Satan’s spirit which was present getting a hold of him. Just like Jesus allowed Satan to temporarily get a hold on Judas Es. You should know, Satan was on earth and in heaven during the early part of this flesh age. When Jesus was being tempted by Satan, at the end of it, Jesus told him to get behind Him. Behind the heavenly Throne which was occupied by The Father (the Office of) Now he is in that bottomless pit till Micheal let’s him out, boots him to earth.

Fred Eans

BANNED
Banned
This is quite good, and says all you need to know to continue in the faith. You cannot go back to the beginning and recrucify our Savior. Thank you. Fred Eans.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This is quite good, and says all you need to know to continue in the faith. You cannot go back to the beginning and recrucify our Savior. Thank you. Fred Eans.
Who are you talking to?

This is why you use the "Reply with Quote" button. Use it.

Fred Eans

BANNED
Banned
I am always speaking to the originator. I don’t know that my comment was separated from the thread. I am new an will learn. Am I supposed to include the originator in my comment? Others do not need to necessarily who I am talking because the originator should know.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

What makes you think Peter was not saved. Anyone can be influenced by Satan. Does that mean that they are not saved?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
At the point where someone is influenced by Satan they are not saved until they repent.

Have you ever heard God tell you something and you rejected it, or he told you not to do something and you said to him, well you'll forgive me if I do it.? That is testing Jesus. It is inspiration from Satan. Satan has entered your body until you repent.

I just did this about thirty minutes ago. God enlightened me to a point of happiness. I went out for a smoke, God told me not to smoke verbally. I tend to dislike verbal commands from God because of all the weird verbal commands I was getting from other spirits, (I've had demons and psychiatric conditions.) I said to God, you'll forgive me anyway and smoked. I was immediately depressed and all the enlightenment and happiness God had given me was just gone.

That's because Satan had entered me, I tested God just like Satan did in the desert, and my blessing was made null.

That's why I keep posting on this forum so much. It brings me back. Thank you guys.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Peter was reinstated by the Lord. See John 21:15-19

Reactions: Lon

nikolai_42

Whether he was or not at that point, he was going to be.

But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren
Luke 22:32

In other words, the Lord knew Peter better than Peter knew himself. He knew Peter and where he would be. So His calling Peter "Satan" only recognizes the influence Satan was having through Peter.

Reactions: Lon

Lon

I am always speaking to the originator. .... Am I supposed to include the originator in my comment? Others do not need to necessarily [know] who I am talking because the originator should know.
It is better in threads that you do because conversation is more than just the guy who is starting the O.P. Sometimes the one who originates a thread is long gone from TOL as well.

As you look above, it was pretty easy to both quote you, and shorten it to the pertinent. If you don't want that, simply {spoiler] your quote here [/spoiler} (replace the outer curved braces with the squared ones already there to make this work] Thus:

Spoiler
I am always speaking to the originator...

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
What makes you think Peter was not saved. Anyone can be influenced by Satan. Does that mean that they are not saved?
So was Judas saved? He too was "influenced" as you say, and so are all Christians, thus we have to rely on Christ or we can fall.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
In heaven during the time of turmoil, Lucifer led one third of God’s Cildren astray. The other two thirds, just like today, there was all types. procrastinators, took no interest, sat back and watched, etc. There were some who like those who get lots of print in the Bible, that fought for God. He uses these to fulfill His Plan. So although the Apostles are not like they were in the first age, God realized this, and gave them a great leeway in fulfilling the purpose chosen for them. Just think what it would be like serving God then. But Paul being weak like us all, I can just see Jesus smiling at him. Jesus was not talking to Peter, but Satan’s spirit which was present getting a hold of him. Just like Jesus allowed Satan to temporarily get a hold on Judas Es. You should know, Satan was on earth and in heaven during the early part of this flesh age. When Jesus was being tempted by Satan, at the end of it, Jesus told him to get behind Him. Behind the heavenly Throne which was occupied by The Father (the Office of) Now he is in that bottomless pit till Micheal let’s him out, boots him to earth.
As long as we are under the line of Adam, we are subject to the fallen nature which is passed on, and susceptible to sin.

Romans 3:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Hobie

BANNED
Banned

Peter seemed to do it over and over, he just kept doing it, which is just a shock to me. Now the other disciples were close behind as they thought Jesus was a prophet but they did not believe Him to be the Messiah. So when Christ asked the question, “Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?” we see the disciples hedged, look at Mark 8, verse 28:
“28 And they answered, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others, One of the prophets.”
“Jesus now put a second question, relating to the disciples themselves: “But whom say ye that I am?” Peter answered, “Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

When Peter replied by saying that He is the Christ, it was a break-through moment for Peter and the disciples. They were all being brought by power of the Holy Spirit, to fully grasp whom they have been with. Peter was acknowledging that Jesus was the Messiah, “the Son of the living God.”

But still Peter was to betray Christ with his denials.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Many people or ministers try to tell people that once they become Christians they are guarranteed salvation, but is this doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved' what the Bible teaches, lets see. If you look in the Bible, salvation or to be saved, can be described as both past, present, and future, because it can be speaking of different aspects. If it is not understood, there can be confusion.

But the Bible clearly tells us that even those who are Christians can fall away from salvation...........

You are 100% correct sir.

I will leave on that high note, since we probably disagree about other things. LOL.

Check this out: Assurance of Salvation

Truster

It is obviously beyond your comprehension as you have no part in salvation. For those of us who have entered into eternal life and have been brought through many danger's, trials and snares it is proof of trust and life Himself.

beloved57

But the Bible clearly tells us that even those who are Christians can fall away from salvation...

1 Corinthians 10:12
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

1 Timothy 3:5-7
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Hebrews 6:4-6
4For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

So those who teach or preach 'Once Saved, Always Saved' really are saying, "I can do whatever I want, as long as I claim to have accepted Jesus. Many try use this verse, "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38, 39.

Now its a promise, but does it say once a person is born again, it is impossible for him to lose his way and be lost? In fact, this verse is clearly talking about God's unconditional love towards man. You might also notice that the word "sin" was not included in the list of things which are unable to separate us from the love of God.

If we continue in sin, after we have asked Jesus to be our personal Saviour, are we really in a saved relationship, are we converted? "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins." Hebrews 10:26.

We also have a few others that these teachers of 'Once Saved ,Always Saved' miss....
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." Romans 2:13.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Galatians 5:19-23.

One is not saved just by becoming a Christian, the Bible clearly shows the doctrine of 'Once Saved, Always Saved', is not true, but brought out by Satans helpters to deceive those who want cheap grace and a guick cover for their sins and living in its domain of evil, and they will depart from the faith of Jesus and lose salvation...

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;" 1 Timothy 4:1.

When a person disregards the eternal security of the believer its because they condition salvation on themselves and not Jesus Christ !

Truster

When a person disregards the eternal security of the believer its because they condition salvation on themselves and not Jesus Christ !

Or they rely on Calvinism to save and even go as far as to state that "Calvinism is the Gospel". Heretics are not redeemed, regenerate nor repentant. The heretic cap fits you, wear it with shame.

Right Divider

Body part
As long as we are under the line of Adam, we are subject to the fallen nature which is passed on, and susceptible to sin.

Romans 3:23 King James Version (KJV)
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
According to the gospel of the grace of God, we are saved apart from ourselves.

Eph 2:4-10 KJV But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (5) Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) (6) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: (7) That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: (9) Not of works, lest any man should boast. (10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Paul uses saved in the past tense. DONE!!

You think that you can save yourself by your <whatever actions you want to claim>. You cannot.