Please someone answer me this;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chair View Post
    I see that the verses are inconsistent, and you are not willing to deal with reality, out of fear that it will shake your faith. It is a weak faith that requires one to blind oneself.
    It isn't blindness or fear at all: merely knowledge. I know in Whom I have believed. He is trustworthy. He said to trust His Word. Jesus quoted from it. He didn't make any disclaimers. Neither do I. If The Creator (Jesus) wants me to stand by His Word, I'll do so. You should, too. God doesn't lie. Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not a good idea. There are eternal consequences for what you do with God's Holy Word. If you reject His Word: He will reject you. Entrance into Heaven is only granted to believers.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

• Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
      It isn't blindness or fear at all: merely knowledge. I know in Whom I have believed. He is trustworthy. He said to trust His Word. Jesus quoted from it. He didn't make any disclaimers. Neither do I. If The Creator (Jesus) wants me to stand by His Word, I'll do so. You should, too. God doesn't lie. Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is not a good idea. There are eternal consequences for what you do with God's Holy Word. If you reject His Word: He will reject you. Entrance into Heaven is only granted to believers.
      You can repeat how much you believe and trust 1,000 times, yet Noah took either 2 or 7 of each kind of bird- not 2 and 7. Either David killed Goliath, or Elchanan did. Not both. EIther Satan tempted David, or God did. Not both.

By the way. please note that I am not a Christian, and have no interest in your heaven.

Comment

• Aimiel,

So for all intents and purposes you're saying that you can't reconcile Genesis 6:20 with Genesis 7:3; that you just have to trust that the Creator knows what He's doing and that there has to be an explanation for each seeming contradiction even though you don't know what it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by rstrats View Post
          Aimiel,

So for all intents and purposes you're saying that you can't reconcile Genesis 6:20 with Genesis 7:3; that you just have to trust that the Creator knows what He's doing and that there has to be an explanation for each seeming contradiction even though you don't know what it is?
          I see where God said that those animals who 'creep' upon the ground by twos and those that fly by sevens. I don't know why, but when you get to Heaven you can ask God.
          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Comment

• Originally posted by Bee1 View Post
            Since the time of Moses to now, not much has change in the Middle East geographically speaking. No violence volcanoes or ground changing earthquakes. From the Libya/Eygtian border to Red sea to Israel is about 750 miles. Average walking speed is 4 miles a day so about 175 hours non-stop. So let's slow that down to 1 mile a day = 4×175=700 hours. Let's rest 1 day for every mile (2 million plus people) that's 750 days + 700 hours. The Israelites did not travel in a straight line so let double the distant to 1,500 miles and travel 1/2 mile every 2 days, not even close to 40 years. I know there are some who think that I am being facetious but 40 years to walk 1,500 miles ? And leave no trace of passage?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
            Seen this one yet?
            My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
            Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
            Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
            Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
            No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
            Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

You can repeat how much you believe and trust 1,000 times, yet Noah took either 2 or 7 of each kind of bird- not 2 and 7. Either David killed Goliath, or Elchanan did. Not both. EIther Satan tempted David, or God did. Not both.

By the way. please note that I am not a Christian, and have no interest in your heaven.
              Either Moses was inept OR you are missing something. I USUALLY assume the guy reading it is the one that is missing something

He certainly brought 7 of all sacrificial animals. If you read 'two' after it isn't a contradiction but an 'addition.' Isn't that a 'reading' problem, not a conveyance problem? I realize where you are at on most of this, but I'm just saying it isn't everybody's answer. It depends upon where you are coming from. I don't think I ever asked: Do you believe there is a God?
              My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
              Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
              Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
              Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
              No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
              Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                Either Moses was inept OR you are missing something. I USUALLY assume the guy reading it is the one that is missing something

He certainly brought 7 of all sacrificial animals. If you read 'two' after it isn't a contradiction but an 'addition.' Isn't that a 'reading' problem, not a conveyance problem? I realize where you are at on most of this, but I'm just saying it isn't everybody's answer. It depends upon where you are coming from. I don't think I ever asked: Do you believe there is a God?
                There is a God.
                The texts are contradictory. Period.

Comment

The texts are contradictory. Period.
                  ok

that's your opinion

period

Comment

• Originally posted by ok doser View Post
                    ok

that's your opinion

period
                    My point is this. 2 is not 7. The excuses that work for the other animals (clean vs. unclean) don't work here. What kind of "expansion" of instructions says "um, take 7, not 2! When I said 2, I meant 7!" This isn't a matter of viewpoint or belief.

Comment

My point is this. 2 is not 7.

I have two fingers on my hands. One I use for scratching my nose, one I use for scratching my butt.

How many fingers do I have on my hands?

Some people would say two, those who could see my hands might say ten.

As it turns out, the correct answer is 8, plus two thumbs.

Comment

I have two fingers on my hands. One I use for scratching my nose, one I use for scratching my butt.

How many fingers do I have on my hands?

Some people would say two, those who could see my hands might say ten.

As it turns out, the correct answer is 8, plus two thumbs.
                        If I say "hold up two fingers", then I say "hold up seven fingers"- how many do you hold up?

Comment

If I say "hold up two fingers", ...how many do you hold up?
                          Unless I chop off two, I hold up four (plus one thumb) - two extended up and two curled into my palm

Comment

If I say "hold up two fingers", then I say "hold up seven fingers"- how many do you hold up?
                            If I tell you to hold up nine fingers, what do you do?

Comment

If I tell you to hold up nine fingers, what do you do?
                              Depends if you count thumbs as fingers. You said that you didn't. So I would not be able to do what you asked.

So, getting back to birds- did God differentiate between clean and unclean birds? I don't see that in my text. He did so for other animals, but not for birds.

Comment

Depends if you count thumbs as fingers. You said that you didn't. So I would not be able to do what you asked.

So, getting back to birds- did God differentiate between clean and unclean birds? I don't see that in my text. He did so for other animals, but not for birds.

i'd have to study the text more closely than I have time for right now

Comment

Working...
                                X