Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please someone answer me this;

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Crickets. It seems obvious that people do not like to discuss the problems with the Bible.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Guyver View Post
      Crickets. It seems obvious that people do not like to discuss the problems with the Bible.
      Most likely because there are no problems with the Bible. You can find a better audience on sites that doubt the Bible like @2003cobra does.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
        Most likely because there are no problems with the Bible. You can find a better audience on sites that doubt the Bible like @2003cobra does.
        I don’t know what you mean by saying that there are no problems with the Bible as there are many and some have been posted in this thread. But I thank you for the reference.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by chair View Post
          Here's another curious one: Who killed Goliath?

          1 Samuel 17 50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

          2 SAMUEL 21:19 And there was again war with the Philistines at Gob; and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Beth-lehemite slew Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.

          watch out for the translations in 2 Samuel. The KJV makes it out to be the brother of Goliath, but the Hebrew text doesn't say that. They got the idea from Chronicles, whose author was probbaly trying to reconcile the two different stories.
          1 Chronicles 20:5
          And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.

          There's something else odd about the story of Goliath in Samuel 1. But one step at a time.
          Or ... perhaps 1 Chronicles 20:5 is correct and actually provides the brothers name.
          All of my ancestors are human.
          Originally posted by Squeaky
          That explains why your an idiot.
          Originally posted by God's Truth
          Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
          Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
          (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

          1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
          (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

          Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
            Or ... perhaps 1 Chronicles 20:5 is correct and actually provides the brothers name.
            Could be. In which case the verse in 2 Samuel is incorrect.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Guyver View Post
              Crickets. It seems obvious that people do not like to discuss the problems with the Bible.
              There are "problems" with the Bible, only if one insists that the Bible is perfect or "The Word of God".

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by chair View Post
                Could be. In which case the verse in 2 Samuel is incorrect.
                And yet, such a discrepancy is allowed for in my position.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by chair View Post
                  There are "problems" with the Bible, only if one insists that the Bible is perfect or "The Word of God".
                  Rather, only if one insists that the Bible is perfect in it's current form.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by chair View Post
                    There are "problems" with the Bible, only if one insists that the Bible is perfect or "The Word of God".
                    Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                    Rather, only if one insists that the Bible is perfect in it's current form.
                    To be sure, the Bible is not disqualified from being "The Word of God" simply because the current form has discrepancies in it.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                      Rather, only if one insists that the Bible is perfect in it's current form.
                      What do you gain by having an imperfect real Bible, and a hypothetical perfect one?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by chair View Post
                        What do you gain by having an imperfect real Bible, and a hypothetical perfect one?
                        An appropriate expectation of reality.

                        Even something that is as old as the Bible, authored by a perfect God, can have errors in it, but not because of God, but rather because man is imperfect.

                        That expectation of reality helps understand not only the history of the Bible, but also the Bible itself.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                          An appropriate expectation of reality.

                          Even something that is as old as the Bible, authored by a perfect God, can have errors in it, but not because of God, but rather because man is imperfect.

                          That expectation of reality helps understand not only the history of the Bible, but also the Bible itself.
                          So what do you think the history of the Bible is?

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by chair View Post
                            What do you gain by having an imperfect real Bible, and a hypothetical perfect one?
                            Eternal life; by coming into a dynamic relationship with The Living God by following His Instructions, kept therein. His Promises are true, even if men have faults and even if His Word had faults (which It doesn't). He knew from before the time He laid the foundation of the earth the exact words that would end up on every Bible on every shelf in every store on the earth and in whose hands every single copy would ever end up in and those who read His Word and obey Him find Him. He promised that every soul who seeks and searches for Him with all of their heart would find Him. We have. You can, too!
                            "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

                            If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                              Eternal life; by coming into a dynamic relationship with The Living God by following His Instructions, kept therein. His Promises are true, even if men have faults and even if His Word had faults (which It doesn't). He knew from before the time He laid the foundation of the earth the exact words that would end up on every Bible on every shelf in every store on the earth and in whose hands every single copy would ever end up in and those who read His Word and obey Him find Him. He promised that every soul who seeks and searches for Him with all of their heart would find Him. We have. You can, too!
                              Whatever.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                                Eternal life; by coming into a dynamic relationship with The Living God by following His Instructions, kept therein. His Promises are true, even if men have faults and even if His Word had faults (which It doesn't). He knew from before the time He laid the foundation of the earth the exact words that would end up on every Bible on every shelf in every store on the earth and in whose hands every single copy would ever end up in and those who read His Word and obey Him find Him. He promised that every soul who seeks and searches for Him with all of their heart would find Him. We have. You can, too!
                                What do you mean the Bible doesn’t have faults? That’s not true. Some have been posted right in this thread. Have you not read it?

                                The Bible confuses God and Satan regarding the sin of David. That is a fault. Pretending it’s not doesn’t fix it.

                                If you can’t even speak truly to that point, how can anyone trust the rest of your words?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X