Please someone answer me this;

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... you have no evidence that a large group of men, women,children and livestock lived in the desert for 40 years.

we have a written eyewitness account

I made a comment about no graves being found and someone answered that the Israelites carried their dead for 40 years

that was me :)

... but you answered the question for us. Those that spoke ill of God died, "their bodies laid waste". So why haven't some of these (at of least 2 million people not including livestock) bodies be found?

do you think they'd honor those who were laid waste by God with a proper burial?

what do you think "laid waste" means?

let's say that you were really interested in finding evidence of the exodus (and not just trolling on the internet)

where would you look?
the sinai peninsula is 23,166 square miles

what would you look for?
from 3400 +/- years ago, what would you expect to find from a nomadic people traversing the desert, living in tents?

how would you look for it?
satellite imagery? random excavations? metal detector sweeps?

how would you know you'd found it?
do you expect to find evidence of human presence with a tag attached that says "property of the jews who left egypt in 1446 BC"?

Bee1

do you think they'd honor those who were laid waste by God with a proper burial?

let's say that you were really interested in finding evidence of the exodus (and not just trolling on the internet)

where would you look?

what would you look for?
from 3400 +/- years ago, what would you expect to find from a nomadic people traversing the desert, living in tents?

do you expect to find evidence of human presence with a tag attached that says "property of the jews who left egypt in 1446 BC"?
How am I trolling on the internet when I use the very same info you posted?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

ok doser

if you were really interested in finding evidence of the exodus (and not just trolling on the internet)

where would you look?

what would you look for?

Bee1

where would you look?

what would you look for?

And now you want to use science fact when you your self don't use it. 2 million plus humans did not or could not traverse a peninsula a not leave a single trace behind. The desert preserved like no other enviro, dead sea scrolls, pyramids, dinosaur bones and what not. Not one shard of pottery or shrine or camps without porks bones and other traits that separates Israelites from other Semitic people who lived in the area. We have these finds in other Israelites dwelling, for one, city of Avaris in Eygpt, some say a leper's colony but Israelites lived there.

ok doser

And now you want to use science fact...

nope, not using "science fact"

just asking questions - four of them

if you were really interested in finding evidence of the exodus (and not just trolling on the internet)

1. where would you look?

2. what would you look for?

3. how would you look for it?

4. how would you know you'd found it?

Right Divider

Body part
nope, not using "science fact"

just asking questions - four of them

1. where would you look?

2. what would you look for?

3. how would you look for it?

4. how would you know you'd found it?
Just to add... deserts are well known for hiding any signs of human presence, especially from over 3000 years ago.

chair

I'll reply to the above later.

I want to focus on this for a second.

It says quite a bit about him.
No, not really. Christian interpretation finds Satan in texts that he doesn't really exist in.

Because the passages were written by two different men.

OK
----
Back to the question I asked and the answer you gave.

Me: Did God create Satan?
You: [tentative "yes"]

Next question: Did God create the universe and it's physical laws?
Yes.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, not really. Christian interpretation finds Satan in texts that he doesn't really exist in.

Rather, plain reading shows him in several locations in the Bible.

OK
----

Yes.

Third question: did God create man? (according to the Bible)

chair

Rather, plain reading shows him in several locations in the Bible.

Third question: did God create man? (according to the Bible)
Plain reading shows him in Job and a few other places. Not in Genesis, nor in Ezekiel 28.

Yes, God created man. I wish you'd get to the point, rather than play with these leading questions.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Plain reading shows him in Job and a few other places. Not in Genesis, nor in Ezekiel 28.

Oh? Who was it that deceived Eve, if it wasn't "that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him?"

Yes, God created man. I wish you'd get to the point, rather than play with these leading questions.

I figured three examples would be better than two. Thank you for being patient.

So, since God made Satan (and the angels, for that matter), the universe and its laws, and men:

Can God use His creation to bring about a desired outcome, through either direct or indirect means, or even through the disobedience (when it comes to men and angels) of His created beings?

For example, could God use Cain's murder of his brother, Abel, to teach the world that laws (and by necessity appropriate punishments for breaking them) against murder and other crimes are necessary? Could God use natural forces, such as a global flood, to wipe out all of humanity, yet even the properties of certain materials and substances to save an entire family from His wrath? Could God use Satan, as wicked as he is, to accomplish something?

chair

Oh? Who was it that deceived Eve, if it wasn't "that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him?"

I figured three examples would be better than two. Thank you for being patient.

So, since God made Satan (and the angels, for that matter), the universe and its laws, and men:

Can God use His creation to bring about a desired outcome, through either direct or indirect means, or even through the disobedience (when it comes to men and angels) of His created beings?

For example, could God use Cain's murder of his brother, Abel, to teach the world that laws (and by necessity appropriate punishments for breaking them) against murder and other crimes are necessary? Could God use natural forces, such as a global flood, to wipe out all of humanity, yet even the properties of certain materials and substances to save an entire family from His wrath? Could God use Satan, as wicked as he is, to accomplish something?

It was obvious that you were leading up to this. In a way, God is the cause of everything, but the Bible doesn't report it that way. You are projecting your modern philosophical view of God and the world on a text that doesn't speak that way. When God intervenes, we are told so clearly. If you can give me another dozen examples where "God" and "Satan" are used interchangeably, then I'll reconsider your opinion here. Even a few would do the trick.

Now, what about the 2 and 7 birds?

chair

Here's another curious one: Who killed Goliath?

1 Samuel 17 50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

2 SAMUEL 21:19 And there was again war with the Philistines at Gob; and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Beth-lehemite slew Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.

watch out for the translations in 2 Samuel. The KJV makes it out to be the brother of Goliath, but the Hebrew text doesn't say that. They got the idea from Chronicles, whose author was probbaly trying to reconcile the two different stories.
1 Chronicles 20:5
And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.

There's something else odd about the story of Goliath in Samuel 1. But one step at a time.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Most likely because there are no problems with the Bible. You can find a better audience on sites that doubt the Bible like @2003cobra does.

I don’t know what you mean by saying that there are no problems with the Bible as there are many and some have been posted in this thread. But I thank you for the reference.

Right Divider

Body part
Here's another curious one: Who killed Goliath?

1 Samuel 17 50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

2 SAMUEL 21:19 And there was again war with the Philistines at Gob; and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Beth-lehemite slew Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.

watch out for the translations in 2 Samuel. The KJV makes it out to be the brother of Goliath, but the Hebrew text doesn't say that. They got the idea from Chronicles, whose author was probbaly trying to reconcile the two different stories.
1 Chronicles 20:5
And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam.

There's something else odd about the story of Goliath in Samuel 1. But one step at a time.
Or ... perhaps 1 Chronicles 20:5 is correct and actually provides the brothers name.