Absolute Truth: Philosophy, Jesus, and Absolute vs. Relative.

way 2 go

Relative truth is not true all of the time, and is likened unto a lie that has some truth but is not 100 percent true.

a dog is not a cat is absolutely true or it is not
law of non-contradiction says a statement can either be false
or it can be true , there is nothing in between

truth is absolute 2+2=4

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That seems a straight forward yes answer. If it is Gods, then it doesn’t belong to someone else.

It just comes down to a really simple question. Is it true? Is it true that God is angry, hateful, vengeful and possessing bad intentions as the Bible states in Psalms that God is angry with the wicked everyday?

If you base your beliefs about Gods nature on the Bible alone, considering the only trustworthy source on the matter... then you would be forced to conclude that God is like a man. He can become angry and lose his temper.....he can wish to kill people and animals, and keep the wicked alive forever in a burning place of fiery torment. That’s what you get by believing what the Bible says about it.

The biggest problem with this kind of thinking is that is directly contradicted by both the gospels and epistles which claim these things are not the nature of love, but are works of the flesh. But since the Bible says different things about the same things in different places, and these things so frequently conflict, one has to attempt to believe both and find a way to reconcile this conflict in their mind. Or just ignore the problem altogether.

The epistles claim that not only is God love by nature, but he is called the God of Love and Peace.

Love and peace is in direct conflict with anger, hatred, violence and retribution.
A yes to what?

With anger, there is such a tging as righteous anger. Have you ever heard of indignation?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, it’s a human emotion.
Yes. Indignation.
in·dig·na·tion

/ˌindiɡˈnāSH(ə)n/

noun

anger or annoyance provoked by what is perceived as unfair treatment.

"the letter filled Lucy with indignation"

synonyms:resentment, umbrage, affront, disgruntlement, anger, distress, unhappiness, discontent, dissatisfaction, displeasure, hurt, pain, upset, offense, pique, spleen, crossness, exasperation, vexation, irritation, annoyance, chagrin; More

Let's not forget righteous anger.

Aimiel

That seems a straight forward yes answer. If it is Gods, then it doesn’t belong to someone else. It just comes down to a really simple question. Is it true? Is it true that God is angry, hateful, vengeful and possessing bad intentions as the Bible states in Psalms that God is angry with the wicked everyday?
Who are you to think that you might be able to judge God?!? He is so far beyond you that He doesn't even fit into your understanding one tenth of one percent. He is eternal. Eternity is beyond the comprehension of a being with a limited number of brain cells; much less pass judgement upon His actions. He is Holy. The view that we have of Him is from a temporal perspective. He is Eternal. The infinite understanding and omniscient knowledge alone that He has is enough to let us know that attempting to place our understanding of good and evil against Him is beyond our ken.
If you base your beliefs about Gods nature on the Bible alone, considering the only trustworthy source on the matter... then you would be forced to conclude that God is like a man.
Hardly. Man is created in His image and likeness. We look similar. He is beyond understanding while in bodies of flesh. When we see Him we will be like Him; but until then: we merely share appearances.
He can become angry and lose his temper.....he can wish to kill people and animals, and keep the wicked alive forever in a burning place of fiery torment. That’s what you get by believing what the Bible says about it.
He will one day lose His Patience with sinners, but not just yet. When He does, He does so in steps, each time: giving the remainder of men left alive a chance to repent.
The biggest problem with this kind of thinking is that is directly contradicted by both the gospels and epistles which claim these things are not the nature of love, but are works of the flesh.
Indeed... men do not have the right or are they capable of doing such things righteously. God does.
But since the Bible says different things about the same things in different places, and these things so frequently conflict, one has to attempt to believe both and find a way to reconcile this conflict in their mind.
No, one merely needs to trust that The Lord, Whom is Holy, when He says that He is Holy, trust that He really is Holy.
The epistles claim that not only is God love by nature, but he is called the God of Love and Peace. Love and peace is in direct conflict with anger, hatred, violence and retribution.
Not to God, Who is Holy. He is an All-Consuming Fire, from the loins up and from the loins down. To me: that cleansing Fire that is Him is Perfect. There is no sin in Him. He is perfectly Holy. Having stood in His Presence, transparent; seeing that He, too, is transparent (motives / thoughts) and knowing His Holiness... I can tell you: He really is Holy.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
He is an All-Consuming Fire, from the loins up and from the loins down. To me: that cleansing Fire that is Him is Perfect. There is no sin in Him. He is perfectly Holy. Having stood in His Presence, transparent; seeing that He, too, is transparent (motives / thoughts) and knowing His Holiness... I can tell you: He really is Holy.

Do you think that maybe you had a vision as Nephi did?

"8 And being thus overcome with the Spirit, he was carried away in a vision, even that he saw the heavens open, and he thought he saw God sitting upon his throne, surrounded with numberless concourses of angels in the attitude of singing and praising their God.

9 And it came to pass that he saw One descending out of the midst of heaven, and he beheld that his luster was above that of the sun at noon-day.

10 And he also saw twelve others following him, and their brightness did exceed that of the stars in the firmament."

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
When we see Him we will be like Him; but until then: we merely share appearances.

Jesus said God is spirit. In that case, we don't actually look like God because we are flesh.

He will one day lose His Patience with sinners, but not just yet. When He does, He does so in steps, each time: giving the remainder of men left alive a chance to repent.Indeed... men do not have the right or are they capable of doing such things righteously.

I disagree that God does wrong righteously.

God does.No, one merely needs to trust that The Lord, Whom is Holy, when He says that He is Holy, trust that He really is Holy.Not to God, Who is Holy. He is an All-Consuming Fire, from the loins up and from the loins down. To me: that cleansing Fire that is Him is Perfect. There is no sin in Him. He is perfectly Holy. Having stood in His Presence, transparent; seeing that He, too, is transparent (motives / thoughts) and knowing His Holiness... I can tell you: He really is Holy.

When you say "holy" you use a word laden with your own subjective meaning. What is holy? Holy means special, sacred, set apart....and I would agree with you that God is that....there can be none like him....so sure....we agree.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Who are you to think that you might be able to judge God?!? He is so far beyond you that He doesn't even fit into your understanding one tenth of one percent. He is eternal.

I am as God made me sir.

Regarding the judging of God.....I have two opinions.

1. God has no peers, so he cannot be judged.

2. God would never do any wrong, therefore judging him would be foolish. You'd only end up rightly concluding that he is beyond criticism.

FWIW.

Aimiel

Do you think that maybe you had a vision as Nephi did?
Nope. I was there; and just as Paul said: "Whether in the body or out of the body," I cannot tell. I was there. I had far more senses, understanding and abilities than what my mortal body has.

Aimiel

Jesus said God is spirit. In that case, we don't actually look like God because we are flesh.
Do you think that God looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost? Jesus said that if we've seen Him: we've seen The Father.
I disagree that God does wrong righteously.
That's fine, because He's never done anything wrong.
When you say "holy" you use a word laden with your own subjective meaning. What is holy? Holy means special, sacred, set apart....and I would agree with you that God is that....there can be none like him....so sure....we agree.
He is indescribably Holy!!!

Aimiel

I am as God made me sir.

Regarding the judging of God.....I have two opinions.

1. God has no peers, so he cannot be judged.

2. God would never do any wrong, therefore judging him would be foolish. You'd only end up rightly concluding that he is beyond criticism.

FWIW.
:thumb:

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Nope. I was there; and just as Paul said: "Whether in the body or out of the body," I cannot tell. I was there. I had far more senses, understanding and abilities than what my mortal body has.

If what you are saying is true, and not just a creation of your mind, then I consider you a very fortunate individual.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
Do you think that God looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost?

I don’t know what God looks like. I’ve never seen him. I’ve never seen angels that I know of, but I believe they exist because I have experienced them. So, I don’t need to know what God looks like to believe in him.

Aimiel

If what you are saying is true, and not just a creation of your mind, then I consider you a very fortunate individual.
I say: "Blessed, indeed!" :thumb:

I don’t know what God looks like. I’ve never seen him. I’ve never seen angels that I know of, but I believe they exist because I have experienced them. So, I don’t need to know what God looks like to believe in him.
I don't either, never seen Him (that I can remember) but I do know that I was standing in His Presence, so I believe that I did see Him but also believe that what I saw I was not able to bring into this temporal form. I've had several experiences that the knowledge or vision of what I saw was too great to retain; or just not needful.