No announcement yet.

Step By Step In Born Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Lets try to clear some things up. No one is a Christian because they say they are. Every Christian has to grow in Spirit until they become born again. And that cant happen until they go through all the steps of being born again."

Your premise is incorrect. You do not need to grow in the Spirit to be born again. You receive the Spirit when "born again" and grow from their. There are really no steps. A man realizes his depravity and need for God. At that point he comes to God and repents of his sin is is born from above.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
      "Lets try to clear some things up. No one is a Christian because they say they are. Every Christian has to grow in Spirit until they become born again. And that cant happen until they go through all the steps of being born again."

Your premise is incorrect. You do not need to grow in the Spirit to be born again. You receive the Spirit when "born again" and grow from their. There are really no steps. A man realizes his depravity and need for God. At that point he comes to God and repents of his sin is is born from above.
      I said
      I know you would like it that way but lets look at the evidence.

[Jhn 3:3, 5–7
      [3] Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
      [5] Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
      [6] "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
      [7] "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Something has to be crucified in order to be born again. And to walk in the Spirit.

[Gal 5:24–25
      [24] And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
      [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky View Post
        I said
        I know you would like it that way but lets look at the evidence.

[Jhn 3:3, 5–7
        [3] Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
        [5] Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
        [6] "That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
        [7] "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'

Something has to be crucified in order to be born again. And to walk in the Spirit.

[Gal 5:24–25
        [24] And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
        [25] If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
        You quoted the verses. Now interpret them properly and live by them.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Oh dear

He's gone all red again

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
            Oh dear

He's gone all red again
            He usually is!

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post
              Oh dear

He's gone all red again
              Nailed for another lengthy post

Comment

Seems like he'll never learn

Comment

You're still all red!

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
                    You're still all red!
                    I said
                    lol I know. I'm starting to feel like Paul or Jesus or one of the other apostles. Have you noticed the truth gets banned, but deception flocks together. Just like in scripture.

Comment

I said
                      lol I know. I'm starting to feel like Paul or Jesus or one of the other apostles. Have you noticed the truth gets banned, but deception flocks together. Just like in scripture.
                      Nah, just trolls who can't follow the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
                        What rules? Is one of the rules to not post the revelations of Jesus Christ? That seems to be all I could be guilty of.

Comment

I said
                          I wonder how many people in here get convicted by reading the revelations of Jesus Christ. You do know that is Gods Word . They have tried to kill the messenger for years. From Jesus until now. You have the same rights that I do. Just prove one of these revelation wrong. I have been posting them for 30 years and no one has ever been able to prove one of them wrong. But yet many get mad at me for posting them. That doesnt make any sense.

Comment

What rules? Is one of the rules to not post the revelations of Jesus Christ? That seems to be all I could be guilty of.
                            https://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?p=2002486

And no, you're guilty of a few different things.

Comment

I said
                              I wonder how many people in here get convicted by reading the revelations of Jesus Christ. You do know that is Gods Word . They have tried to kill the messenger for years. From Jesus until now. You have the same rights that I do. Just prove one of these revelation wrong. I have been posting them for 30 years and no one has ever been able to prove one of them wrong. But yet many get mad at me for posting them. That doesnt make any sense.
                              Just because you're right in some areas doesn't make everything you say correct.

Try not to be so arrogant.

Comment

https://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?p=2002486

And no, you're guilty of a few different things.
                                I said
                                Well help me out and share them with me. I have heard some really silly reasons in the past. But God keeps sending me back here to show you people the truth.

[Mat 23:24
                                [24] "Blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

Comment

Working...
                                X