Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Religion

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The truth is so hard sometimes. I just got the truth about my taxes tonight. Well, that was certainly not pleasant. In fact, it was ridiculously displeasing on a very high level. But, it is what is.

    The earth is not flat and this has been known since prior to the Age of Enlightenment, the beginning of the Scientific Revolution. It also happens to coincide with when we left the Dark Ages.

    The Dark Ages.

    selah

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
      The truth is so hard sometimes. I just got the truth about my taxes tonight. Well, that was certainly not pleasant. In fact, it was ridiculously displeasing on a very high level. But, it is what is.
      Taxes. Well give to Ceaser what belong to Ceaser. The Lord washed his hands 2 thousands year's ago. Where you looking forward towards Jesus to take care of your finances?
      Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
        The earth is not flat and this has been known since prior to the Age of Enlightenment, the beginning of the Scientific Revolution. It also happens to coincide with when we left the Dark Ages.
        It's debated in THIS THREAD.
        "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

        If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
          It's debated in THIS THREAD.
          Right. And that is an indication of the type of dark ages thinking that still exists in the world and can be seen right here on this site. But I’m not going to be arguing against the earth being flat as that would be a complete waste of time. To believe that the earth is flat requires religious indoctrination at the highest level. The earth is flat no where, even in the “flatlands” and do you know why? It’s because of water.

          The earth is filled with it, and it seeks its own level, and exists in some amount even in the worlds most arid regions.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by k0de View Post
            Taxes. Well give to Ceaser what belong to Ceaser. The Lord washed his hands 2 thousands year's ago. Where you looking forward towards Jesus to take care of your finances?

            Thank you for that perspective KOde. It helps me to remember that God is greater than my savings account. No, I don’t trust Jesus with my taxes, I rely on a tax professional. I used to do them myself, but that made me go temporarily insane, so I gave it up.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
              Thank you for that perspective KOde. It helps me to remember that God is greater than my savings account.
              You're welcome.

              No, I don’t trust Jesus with my taxes, I rely on a tax professional. I used to do them myself, but that made me go [B]temporarily insane,[B] so I gave it up.
              I know that feeling. But after the revolution of tax software my insanity is some what milder. Lol
              Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

              Comment


              • So, this thread is about my religion. That's nice, because then I don't have to argue with everyone about it.

                I don't believe God is angry. I don't even believe that God could get angry. I have several reasons why I believe this; but they all have to do with God's infinite nature. I did state, earlier in this thread, that I do agree with the bible's description of God as being LOVE, Infinite in Wisdom and Understanding, All knowing, All powerful, and everywhere present.

                Also, I believe the Bible is a book of fear, and Christianity is a religion based on fear. I know something of fear, having studied to some degree, and I understand fear manifests in thousands of ways. Anyway, our ancestors....the people who came before us, from whom we descended....they were afraid.

                *Insert a ridiculous amount of study and science here*

                Anyway again, fear is passed down through generations as other things are. People have good reason to be afraid because we're all gonna die and we don't know what happens next or if there even is a "next."

                I think there is.

                Comment


                • Anyway, on God being angry.

                  Anger is a human emotion. It's something people experience.

                  Anger is something that happens to people when things don't go their way. When things take them by surprise, are unpleasant, or perceived to be harmful or offensive....people get angry.

                  God is not taken by surprise. Therefore, he is not angry. He always knows everything because that's what omniscient means.

                  Anger is expressed by people who are fearful, emotional, reactive, uninformed, and unable to control themselves. The bible claims that a fruit of God's Spirit is self control. A person who practices self-control does not become angry.....surely not for long.

                  But God, being the Master of Everything, would obviously have more self-control than anyone, therefore he would not be reactive, emotional or unable to control himself. FWIW.

                  And I hope it helps someone in some way.

                  Comment


                  • I don’t believe it is right to kill people. I don’t believe it’s right to harm other human beings or animals, but especially children. I have seen and know for a fact, that children of different faiths, religions, or world views, can be raised by loving parents and become wonderful human beings, even if they have different skin color from you.

                    Therefore, Jesus would never call for the slaughter of Children, neither would God, and to think so is sick.

                    I mean that in the best way I can, but I have to say it truly. It is menatally improper to the point of a kind of illness to believe that God or Jesus would call for children to be slaughtered because of the culture they were born into.

                    Comment


                    • The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

                      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

                      The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.


                      Those who come to know The Lord do so with fear. Then they come to realize that He has nothing bad in His Hand to use on them: the fear goes away. Then they come to know Him more and become intimate with Him and true fear (reverence for His Power) comes back.
                      "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

                      If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

                      Comment


                      • In my religion and according to my beliefs that is. And I do know that the Bible disagrees with this and claims God called for the slaughter of innocent children on many occasions but my religion allows me to reject this as truth, and disagree with the Bible on these points without fear.

                        I believe that God is love and love always seeks the good of another, and not its harm. Love does not violate its nature, nor can it according to my beliefs, because that would be reprehensible and unnecessary.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                          In my religion and according to my beliefs that is. And I do know that the Bible disagrees with this and claims God called for the slaughter of innocent children on many occasions but my religion allows me to reject this as truth, and disagree with the Bible on these points without fear.

                          I believe that God is love and love always seeks the good of another, and not its harm. Love does not violate its nature, nor can it according to my beliefs, because that would be reprehensible and unnecessary.
                          You're your own god, then. The Lord has nothing to do with someone who worships a false god. You're lost. You need to repent and come to know The One Who died in your place to save you from your sins. Even the sin of calling Him a liar. He longs for you to come into a relationship with Him but it takes full effort on your part.

                          And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.

                          Obviously: you haven't sought for Him with all your heart or you would find Him. He promised you would. He doesn't lie.
                          "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

                          If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                            I don’t believe it is right to kill people.
                            If someone murders a person, what is to be done? Should they be put to death? That is the death penalty. A person put to death is killed but not murdered, if it is for the murder they committed.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Aimiel View Post
                              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

                              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

                              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.


                              Those who come to know The Lord do so with fear. Then they come to realize that He has nothing bad in His Hand to use on them: the fear goes away. Then they come to know Him more and become intimate with Him and true fear (reverence for His Power) comes back.
                              So you are afraid of God then Aimiel?

                              Do you think that God wants to kill you, or harm you or damn you to a torment of hell if you are not a good enough person Aimiel? I really want to hear your honest answer.

                              I don’t believe in being afraid of God for many, many, reasons....but to list a couple.

                              1. I have a really good Dad. My Dad is a good man and I know that he loves me and never harm me, even if he were angry with me for something I have done wrong.

                              2. God, if he exists must be better than any man who has ever been, because God is not a man.

                              3. God himself has shown me that he knows me, loves me, and takes care of me. This being true by experience; the greatest of all teachers, I will not doubt it.

                              That is the truth as I know it to be. FWIW.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Guyver View Post
                                So you are afraid of God then Aimiel?
                                I have a very healthy fear of My God, Who lives inside of me. I would sooner drop dead than speak a word of prophecy saying, "This is what I'm hearing The Lord say:" and not speaking exactly what He is saying. It's a requirement for prophets.
                                Do you think that God wants to kill you, or harm you or damn you to a torment of hell if you are not a good enough person Aimiel? I really want to hear your honest answer.
                                An honest answer is all I can give: I don't lie. He wants all men to be saved; but that doesn't mean that all men will be saved. He's a perfect Gentleman and won't infringe upon someone's free will.
                                I don’t believe in being afraid of God for many, many, reasons....but to list a couple.
                                Scripture says that you're a fool if you don't fear God.
                                1. I have a really good Dad. My Dad is a good man and I know that he loves me and never harm me, even if he were angry with me for something I have done wrong.
                                His thoughts are so much higher than yours that you have no idea of what He is or what He isn't thinking. God is Holy. Holiness is so far above good that it cannot be described to flesh. The fact is: God is a consuming fire, from the loins up and from the loins down.
                                2. God, if he exists must be better than any man who has ever been, because God is not a man.
                                Exactly. A man cannot even comprehend the things that God is and how great He is, much less know how to judge Him or attempt to put limits upon Him, like you're doing.
                                3. God himself has shown me that he knows me, loves me, and takes care of me.
                                The god who did that doesn't exist. Your imagination has done that, not The Living God. If He did: you'd believe His Word.
                                This being true by experience; the greatest of all teachers, I will not doubt it. That is the truth as I know it to be. FWIW.
                                You've deceived yourself or you're plagued by a demon, one or the other; take your pick.
                                "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

                                If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X