DID JUDAS GO TO HIS OWN PLACE ?

DougE

1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

These passages tell of the Apostles replacing the position of Judas.
In verse 25 "that he might go to his own place" has generated various interpretations. The "he" is usually interpreted to be speaking of Judas. I think it may well be that the "he" might be referring to the apostle under consideration to replace Judas. That the newly chosen apostle, Matthias, might go to his own place in the ministry, replacing Judas.

iamaberean

1:24 And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

1:25 That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

1:26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

In verse 25 "that he might go to his own place" has generated various interpretations. The "he" is usually interpreted to be speaking of Judas. I think it may well be that the "he" might be referring to the apostle under consideration to replace Judas. That the newly chosen apostle, Matthias, might go to his own place in the ministry, replacing Judas.

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Cain was the first born of the devil and all of his children are devils. Judus was just going back to his own.

God's Truth

Matthias replaced Judas. They needed someone good to replace Judas.

God's Truth

Joh 6:70 Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Cain was the first born of the devil and all of his children are devils. Judus was just going back to his own.

The only thing that makes some children of God and some children of the devil is if one does good or if one does evil.

iamaberean

The only thing that makes some children of God and some children of the devil is if one does good or if one does evil.

Why are you ashamed of putting something about yourself on profile page?

Anyway, Jesus did not go around calling people names. He called them out for what they were.

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

God's Truth

Why are you ashamed of putting something about yourself on profile page?

I am not ashamed. What would you like me to put and what do you put on yours?

Anyway, Jesus did not go around calling people names. He called them out for what they were.
Where do you get that I call people names?

Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

As I said before, the only thing that makes some children of God and some children of the devil is if one does good or if one does evil.

iamaberean

Are you a Christian, or of some other faith?

I didn't say you called anybody a name, my question was "do you think Jesus would be a name caller"?

As I said before, the only thing that makes some children of God and some children of the devil is if one does good or if one does evil.
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;
Seed, in this case is one that produces a baby.
Gen 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

beloved57

What was the evil of those in Matt 23:23 ? They were very moral and of religious integrity.

God's Truth

Are you a Christian, or of some other faith?
I am a Christian, a follower of the Way.
I didn't say you called anybody a name, my question was "do you think Jesus would be a name caller"?
Jesus didn’t put anyone down for believing and obeying him.
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;
Seed, in this case is one that produces a baby.
Gen 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
Seed is the Word of God.

Luke 8:11 Now this is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12 The seeds along the path are those who hear, but the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

BoyStan

Judas went to his own place is the obvious and correct understanding of the text.
His place would be eternal conscious torment!

iamaberean

I am a Christian, a follower of the Way.

Jesus didn’t put anyone down for believing and obeying him.

Seed is the Word of God.

Luke 8:11 Now this is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. 12 The seeds along the path are those who hear, but the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.

If the seed is the written word of God, then scripture should say, "he that reads" instead of "he that hears".

Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom;

God's Truth

If the seed is the written word of God, then scripture should say, "he that reads" instead of "he that hears".

Mat 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom;

Well, when you read something either aloud or in your head---you hear it.