Heart stops beating.

Truster

Does a man die because his heart stops beating or does a man's heart stops beating because he has died?

This is a spiritual question so no secular science nonsense.

genuineoriginal

Does a man die because his heart stops beating or does a man's heart stops beating because he has died?

This is a spiritual question so no secular science nonsense.
Typically the heart stops beating before a person dies, which is why a person can live if his heart is restarted after it stops.

The Bible says that the life is in the blood.

Leviticus 17:11
11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.​

The life in the blood is related to the breath of life.

Genesis 2:7
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.​

For those that want a scientific explanation:
When we breathe in, we bring oxygen into our bodies.
Our blood gathers the oxygen from our lungs.
The blood carries the oxygen to the cells of the body where it is converted into energy through a process called cellular respiration.

If we stop breathing, we can't bring oxygen into our bodies and we die.
If our heart stops beating, our blood can't carry oxygen to our cells and we die.

Truster

My bad - I felt sorry for you, that everybody was ignoring you

Now I see why :wave2:

The most wonderful comfort I have is the fact your words were weighed before your intentions brought forth a thought. In other words your lies are known.

Truster

A pretence at spiritual understanding is soon uncovered by the words spoken or written by the great pretender.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The most wonderful comfort I have is the fact your words were weighed before your intentions brought forth a thought. In other words your lies are known.

Doser is heartless so the question escapes him.

As such...one may live long after the heart gives way.

way 2 go

death is when the spirit leaves

Act 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Luk 23:46 Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last.

Truster

death is when the spirit leaves

Act 7:59 And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Luk 23:46 Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last.

"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the Plain".

This doesn't answer the OP either.

Try reading the OP before you start typing random answers.

eleos

A person dies when they are unable to sustain their life by breathing on their own.

Ecclesiastes 12:7

Our bodies will return to the dust of the earth, and the breath of life will go back to God, who gave it to us.