Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is believing/faith a work ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
    You contradict yourself saying you agree with op points and then turned around and said Faith is not a work. Faith/believing is a work. Read how in Op.
    I read it twice friend; and while I agree with much of it and it is somewhat thought provoking; I do disagree with it's conclusion.

    Did you agree with any of my points? Why or why not?

    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by popsthebuilder View Post
      I read it twice friend; and while I agree with much of it and it is somewhat thought provoking; I do disagree with it's conclusion.

      Did you agree with any of my points? Why or why not?

      Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
      If u read it twice and understand it, then you see why i say you are in contradiction.

      Also this thread isnt about discussion of your points.
      "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
      preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
      called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
      a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

      Charles Spurgeon !

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
        If u read it twice and understand it, then you see why i say you are in contradiction.

        Also this thread isnt about discussion of your points.
        Oh, so it is only for those who wholly agree with you? Not intended for actual conversation?

        Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by popsthebuilder View Post
          Oh, so it is only for those who wholly agree with you? Not intended for actual conversation?

          Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
          No u don't have to agree with me. But I'm not deviating from wanting to discuss my points of the Op to discuss your points.
          "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
          preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
          called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
          a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

          Charles Spurgeon !

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
            No u don't have to agree with me. But I'm not deviating from wanting to discuss my points of the Op to discuss your points.
            They both are related to your topic.

            My points were brought up due to your own and are not a deviation from the topic of the op.

            Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
              God is the Father, you and I are the sons.

              Matthew 21:28-31
              28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
              29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
              30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
              31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.



              The sons have the ability to do the will of the Father or not.
              Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
              God is the Father, you and I are the sons.

              Matthew 21:28-31
              28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
              29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
              30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
              31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.



              The sons have the ability to do the will of the Father or not.
              Yes we have a choice, believe or not, obey or not. And once we hear the word and believe, we are then to try and turn from sin and when God sees a willing heart he blesses us with his Spirit and he helps us to overcome.

              I don't think that the apostles would have been blessed with the Spirit if they didn't obey Jesus's word.

              And Jesus also said this

              Matthew 7

              Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

              So we have a choice, live by the will of the father who is our God, or not. It's no good just saying "I believe" with our mouths, we have to live it out and he a doer of the word and not a hearer only.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Nanja View Post
                God's Sons are exclusive to those who were Chosen of the Father in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4-5.

                All the rest are not His Sons, but are of their father the devil Mat. 13:38.
                You'll know who belongs to who by their works and their fruits!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by popsthebuilder View Post
                  They both are related to your topic.

                  My points were brought up due to your own and are not a deviation from the topic of the op.

                  Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
                  I don't want to discuss your points so why the harassment?
                  "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                  preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                  called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                  a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                  Charles Spurgeon !

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                    I don't want to discuss your points so why the harassment?
                    I'm trying to discuss your own points. It just happens to be from my own perspective.

                    I'll leave. I'm not trying to harass you.

                    Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                      I don't want to discuss your points so why the harassment?
                      harassment?

                      You have been harassing everyone who don't agree with your claim.

                      You even called me a liar without any reason.

                      I think that is harassment big time.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by popsthebuilder View Post
                        I'm trying to discuss your own points. It just happens to be from my own perspective.

                        I'll leave. I'm not trying to harass you.

                        Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
                        Please tell me one by one what my points are in the Op and how i made them.
                        "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                        preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                        called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                        a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                        Charles Spurgeon !

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by meshak View Post
                          harassment?

                          You have been harassing everyone who don't agree with your claim.

                          You even called me a liar without any reason.

                          I think that is harassment big time.
                          Do u want to discuss the points made in the Op ?
                          "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                          preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                          called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                          a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                          Charles Spurgeon !

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by marhig View Post
                            You'll know who belongs to who by their works and their fruits!

                            Is believing / faith a work?

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
                              Do u want to discuss the points made in the Op ?
                              You made a false accusations.

                              You lied about my posts.

                              And you try to silence those speak the whole truth.

                              some of us are claiming producing fruit is the core of salvation.

                              And we are challenging your claim. so stop harassing posters who are challenging your claim.
                              .


                              Yes, believe in Jesus is producing godly fruit.


                              We are on the topic.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Nanja View Post

                                Is believing / faith a work?
                                Of course it is, according to Jesus.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X