The Sabbath

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
SABBATH
Deut 5:12-14 OLD TESTAMENT
12 'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
13 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
14 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall not do any work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your ox, nor your donkey, nor any of your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates, that your manservant and your maidservant may rest as well as you.
Exod 31:13
13 "Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: 'Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

NEW TESTAMENT
Mark 2:27-28
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.
28 "Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Heb 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.
Rom 14:5-6
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
Heb 10:25
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.
1 Cor 14:12
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual gifts, let it be for the edification of the church that you seek to excel.
Matt 16:16
16 Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Matt 16:18
18 "And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Col 2:16-17
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
17 which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.
Luke 9:23
23 Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.
Luke 14:1-6
1 Now it happened, as He went into the house of one of the rulers of the Pharisees to eat bread on the Sabbath, that they watched Him closely.
2 And behold, there was a certain man before Him who had dropsy.
3 And Jesus, answering, spoke to the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"
4 But they kept silent. And He took him and healed him, and let him go.
5 Then He answered them, saying, "Which of you, having a donkey or an ox that has fallen into a pit, will not immediately pull him out on the Sabbath day?"
6 And they could not answer Him regarding these things.
John 2:12-17
12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He, His mother, His brothers, and His disciples; and they did not stay there many days.
13 Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business.
15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables.
16 And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up."
John 2:23
23 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
John 3:2
2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him."
Luke 6:5
5 And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."
Rom 14:4-10
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself.
8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.
9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Acts 17:24-25
24 "God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands.
25 "Nor is He worshiped with men's hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things.
(NKJ)

xxThe Sabbath is one of the ten commandments that doesnt show up in the new testament as a command. So whether one keeps it or not is ok, as long as he is fully persuaded in his own mind. But its not worth argueing over. And anyone can apoint any day they want to as their Sabbath.
The new testament doesnt speak of which day of the week is the Sabbath.

Acts 2:46
46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
(NKJ)

10 You observe days and months and seasons and years.
11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.

John 4:23-24
23 "But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
(NKJ)

1 Cor 7:17-24
17 But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. And so I ordain in all the churches.
18 Was anyone called while circumcised? Let him not become uncircumcised. Was anyone called while uncircumcised? Let him not be circumcised.
19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.
20 Let each one remain in the same calling in which he was called.
21 Were you called while a slave? Do not be concerned about it; but if you can be made free, rather use it.
22 For he who is called in the Lord while a slave is the Lord's freedman. Likewise he who is called while free is Christ's slave.
23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men.
24 Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The Sabbath Day is not an obligation it is a privilege. It is good while your in the milk understanding.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Rom 14:5
5 One person esteems [one] day above another; another esteems every day [alike]. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
[Mar 2:27
27 And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Rishon, Aviv 16, evening and morning, night and day.

I am a Sabbath Observant Jew. The Sabbath is the seventh day of the week.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Rishon, Aviv 16, evening and morning, night and day.

I am a Sabbath Observant Jew. The Sabbath is the seventh day of the week.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Ok but you cant be a Christian. One or the other, Jew or Christian but you cant be both. For a Jew to be a Christian they must add Christian ways and purge Jewish ways. A Jew is not a born again Christian. To be a born again Christian a Jew must purge all the old testament and put in all the new testament.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Ok but you cant be a Christian. One or the other, Jew or Christian but you cant be both. For a Jew to be a Christian they must add Christian ways and purge Jewish ways. A Jew is not a born again Christian. To be a born again Christian a Jew must purge all the old testament and put in all the new testament.

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week. I believe today is Aviv 16, counting from Rosh Chodesh but not having seen the new moon.

I do not agree with you. Did you know that when Jesus taught about what it means to be born again He was talking to Nicodemus?

Also, can a disciple of Jesus be a Jew and a Christian? Can a disciple of Jesus be a Gentile? Can a Gentile be a Christian?

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Rishon, the first day of the week. I believe today is Aviv 16, counting from Rosh Chodesh but not having seen the new moon.

I do not agree with you. Did you know that when Jesus taught about what it means to be born again He was talking to Nicodemus?

Also, can a disciple of Jesus be a Jew and a Christian? Can a disciple of Jesus be a Gentile? Can a Gentile be a Christian?

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
A Jew can convert to being a Christian. Look at Paul and Peter. They converted.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
The problem with this statement is that you started with the new testament, and you have not recognized the Scripture that came before.

I said
The word scripture only shows up in the old testament in one verse. And that verse is talking about the future. Scripture is the new testament.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
The word scripture only shows up in the old testament in one verse. And that verse is talking about the future. Scripture is the new testament.

You have been wrong on this before, but you have not admitted it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol I was right then and I am right now.

What you believe you were right about you have not told me or I do not know.

Is the TaNaK Scripture? Is the Torah Scripture? Is Bereishit - Genesis Scripture?