How the Gospel Refutes Calvinism, Catholicism All Religions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Who is saying that it is wrong to obey Jesus?
    YOU DO! LOLLOLLOLLOL
    Did you forget that?

So now you too are trying to resort to confusion to defend your lies.

I was waiting for that.

I put up with you calling me unsaved and an idiot for saying we have to obey.

And now we are back to the next thing you rely on, who says it is wrong to obey Jesus.

LOL YOU DO.

You think that you are going to be saved by your obedience to the law.
    See, right there ^^^, you just spoke against obeying!

As long as you try to obey the law, you will be under the law and will eventually be judged by the law and condemned.
    Obey the law of Christ or keep fighting him and see how that goes for you in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisgood View Post
      So says the one who says:

====

The only one accusing the brethren of such libel is you, gt.

Yes, Paul BOASTED IN CHRIST, unlike you, gt, who boasts of obeying ALL of Jesus' commandments and who HAVE NEVER even OBEYED one TO BE SAVED. Not even you, oh, boastful, prideful one. Because when one asks you, gt, 'did you, gt, did you obeyed this commandment of Jesus?' What is your answer, gt? 'Oh, no that one commandment was not for me, but I, gt, boastfully, pridefully, presumptuously declare that I, gt, obey ALL of Jesus' commandments, but you guys don't.'
      Paul boasted in his obedience and in the obedience of others. He probably had those in falseness like you who said he was boasting about obeying, so he did and shuts you all up.

It. is. not. wrong. to. obey. Jesus. and. you. cannot. shame. people. who. do.

Comment

Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
        Paul boasted in his obedience and in the obedience of others. He probably had those in falseness like you who said he was boasting about obeying, so he did and shuts you all up.

It. is. not. wrong. to. obey. Jesus. and. you. cannot. shame. people. who. do.

Your real problem is that your claim that you can obey Jesus is not only false, it is also anti-Christ and anti-Gospel.

You are in denial that you need to be justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26.

Jesus is the one that makes us right with God, not ourselves.

Comment

Your real problem is that your claim that you can obey Jesus is not only false, it is also anti-Christ and anti-Gospel.

You are in denial that you need to be justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, Romans 3:26.

Jesus makes right who obey him.

Comment

Jesus makes right who obey him.
            Your attempt to be righteous in the flesh will lead to your condemnation.

Comment

Your attempt to be righteous in the flesh will lead to your condemnation.
              Give the scripture for that, scary gospel preacher.

Comment

Can people believe what Robert Pate preaches?

You can't obey and believe, you cannot fear God, you cannot obey Jesus and admit you are a sinner, you cannot repent of your sins, and you cannot forgive others.

How do you ever get that? Why don't you try it?

Comment

Your real problem is that your claim that you can obey Jesus is not only false, it is also anti-Christ and anti-Gospel.]
                  Not true, Robert.

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:" (2 Thess. 1:8 KJV)

" Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you." (Romans 6:16-17 KJV)

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" (Hebrews 5:9 KJV)

I don't think God's Truth is in denial of that. Not at all. All Christians know that it is only because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross that any human can be saved.

What God's Truth is doing is accepting that AND accepting the rest of God's word spoken to us in the Scriptures which clearly calls for obedience to Jesus.

Paul's letter to the Romans, for example, is sandwiched between what he calls the "obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5 and Romans 16:26)

Why do you ignore those Scripture verses?

Amen. AND Jesus, as Lord, expects things of us.

Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard_the_Bowman View Post
                    Not true, Robert.

"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:" (2 Thess. 1:8 KJV)

" Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you." (Romans 6:16-17 KJV)

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" (Hebrews 5:9 KJV)

I don't think God's Truth is in denial of that. Not at all. All Christians know that it is only because of Christ's sacrifice on the cross that any human can be saved.

What God's Truth is doing is accepting that AND accepting the rest of God's word spoken to us in the Scriptures which clearly calls for obedience to Jesus.

Paul's letter to the Romans, for example, is sandwiched between what he calls the "obedience of faith" (Romans 1:5 and Romans 16:26)

Why do you ignore those Scripture verses?

Amen. AND Jesus, as Lord, expects things of us.

Peace.
                    Amen.

Comment

The only condition for salvation is faith in Christ and his Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Comment

The only condition for salvation is faith in Christ and his Gospel, Galatians 3:2.
                        These are the works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Comment

These are the works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

A work of the law is any religious thing that you do. The law is also spiritual, it searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Bard_the_Bowman View Post
                            That doesn't answer my question.

Can a person obtain salvation without having their sins forgiven?

Peace.
                            I try not to answer stupid questions because the stupidity often rubs off on me and I become more stupid in the exchange. It's just a vicious circle.

There are no degrees or steps in forgiveness. You either have all your sins cleansed by the blood of Christ or you are still in unbelief and un-repentance.

Comment

A work of the law is any religious thing that you do. The law is also spiritual, it searches the desires and the intent of the heart, Hebrews 4:12.
                              Any religious thing you do? You mean like abstaining from evil?

You are more lost that I thought.

Comment

Any religious thing you do? You mean like abstaining from evil?

You are more lost that I thought.
                                Yeah, before a person is Born of the Spirit, any attempt to do any righteousness whatsoever is a work of the flesh that can't please God Rom. 8:7-8!
                                My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever;
                                when shall I be brought in to see His Face? - Psalm 42:2

Comment

Working...
                                X