X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beloved57
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Where have I posted that sinners Christ died for are lost?

You are under conviction because you have never received Christ as your savior and trusted in him alone.
    How can u believe in Christ when u teach sinners He died for are lost?

Leave a comment:

• Robert Pate
    replied
    Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
    Just like a faith that believes sinners Christ died for are still lost and condemned is a false faith. Its not the Faith of Gods Elect.
    Where have I posted that sinners Christ died for are lost?

You are under conviction because you have never received Christ as your savior and trusted in him alone.

Leave a comment:

• beloved57
    replied
    A faith that is not confirmed by scripture is a false faith. There is nothing, absolutely nothing in the bible about a Catholic church, nor is there any record that Peter ever went to Rome. Wake up and smell the roses.
    Just like a faith that believes sinners Christ died for are still lost and condemned is a false faith. Its not the Faith of Gods Elect.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Pate
    replied
    Originally posted by Sleekbacksmile View Post
    the bible simply shows that there are no priests in the Church and it shows that The greek word for Elder is Presbuteros

Presbuteros is referring to older women eX prostitutes and all basic older people even the the older brother of the Protoical son is Called the Elder - The Presbuteros *.

Catholics and Muslims simply have no scriptures for their faith. Sorry !

A faith that is not confirmed by scripture is a false faith. There is nothing, absolutely nothing in the bible about a Catholic church, nor is there any record that Peter ever went to Rome. Wake up and smell the roses.

Leave a comment:

• Sleekbacksmile
    replied
    the bible simply shows that there are no priests in the Church and it shows that The greek word for Elder is Presbuteros

Presbuteros is referring to older women eX prostitutes and all basic older people even the the older brother of the Protoical son is Called the Elder - The Presbuteros *.

Catholics and Muslims simply have no scriptures for their faith. Sorry !

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    You are far more Catholic than you are Protestant. You believe that works and obedience counts for something, when it counts for nothing, Romans 4:5.

You are going to find yourself in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23.
    They didn't repent of their sins, they kept sinning, like you say you do.

Leave a comment:

• beloved57
    replied
    You are far more Catholic than you are Protestant. You believe that works and obedience counts for something, when it counts for nothing, Romans 4:5.

You are going to find yourself in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23.
    Both of you are the same teaching that sinners Christ died for are still lost and condemned.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Pate
    replied
    Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
    I pretty much agree.

Leave a comment:

• God's Truth
    replied
    Originally posted by planetalive

. I always intended to destroy the Roman Catholic faith and to crush, devour the ideology and claims of all roman Catholicism.

While serving and loving the Roman Catholic individual person and people in great respect and thankfulness for their hard work in their faiths.

but I believe that Catholicism is so wrong and in of itself the existence of pure EVIL - and yet love Catholic people as I would my own.
    I pretty much agree.

Leave a comment:

• jsanford108
    replied
    Sleekbacksmile did such a great job I can't add anything to it.
    Really?! Sleekbacksmile did a horrible job. I am not being subjective here.

His points had no evidence.
    He dismissed biblical evidence that proved him wrong.
    He had no sense of organization, grammar, syntax, coherent thought, etc.

No. Objectively, he did a poor job. And "poor" is a very nice adjective.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Leave a comment:

• Robert Pate
    replied
    Originally posted by jsanford108 View Post
    I am glad to debate this with you, Pate.

I read all the false evidence and dismissal of Scriptures that Sleekbacksmile provided. And all of it that is attributed to, or presented as disproving, Catholicism is false and unsubstantiated.

Sure, the word "Catholic" or the phrase "Catholic Church" do not appear in the Bible. But, priests, Tradition, and practices of the Catholic Church do.

Let us examine the base of your argument. "Because it is not in the Bible, it is false." That is the base of your statement, "There is nothing in the Bible about a Catholic church, nothing." An absence of something does not make it false. An absence of the United States being mentioned does not mean that the United States is a false nation. An absence of germ theory in the Bible does not render germ theory false. Thus, if the base of your argument is "it isn't in the Bible, therefore it is false," your argument is a fallacy and null.

However, if you would like to extrapolate on such an argument, knowing that simple logic can destroy such a base, go ahead. I would suggest utilizing Scripture as means of demonstrating an alternate "faith" being true, in opposition to the Catholic Faith. But it will be a hard task given that both the Scripture, and history itself, support the Catholic faith being the the fullness of truth.
    Sleekbacksmile did such a great job I can't add anything to it.

Leave a comment:

• jsanford108
    replied
    It has already been done. Didn't you read it? There is nothing in the Bible about a Catholic church, nothing.
    I am glad to debate this with you, Pate.

I read all the false evidence and dismissal of Scriptures that Sleekbacksmile provided. And all of it that is attributed to, or presented as disproving, Catholicism is false and unsubstantiated.

Sure, the word "Catholic" or the phrase "Catholic Church" do not appear in the Bible. But, priests, Tradition, and practices of the Catholic Church do.

Let us examine the base of your argument. "Because it is not in the Bible, it is false." That is the base of your statement, "There is nothing in the Bible about a Catholic church, nothing." An absence of something does not make it false. An absence of the United States being mentioned does not mean that the United States is a false nation. An absence of germ theory in the Bible does not render germ theory false. Thus, if the base of your argument is "it isn't in the Bible, therefore it is false," your argument is a fallacy and null.

However, if you would like to extrapolate on such an argument, knowing that simple logic can destroy such a base, go ahead. I would suggest utilizing Scripture as means of demonstrating an alternate "faith" being true, in opposition to the Catholic Faith. But it will be a hard task given that both the Scripture, and history itself, support the Catholic faith being the the fullness of truth.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Pate
    replied
    How?

Please elaborate, Pate. (At least you are coherent and able to be clear/concise)

It has already been done. Didn't you read it? There is nothing in the Bible about a Catholic church, nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jsanford108
    replied
    A total and complete refutal of the Catholic church.
    How?

Please elaborate, Pate. (At least you are coherent and able to be clear/concise)

Leave a comment:

• Robert Pate
    replied
    Okay, friend. There is no point in even trying to progress in this conversation, for two reasons.

1.) You make the claim, "the evidence within my posts supports my claims." Of course it does; false evidence supporting a false claim.you falsify definitions and dismiss Scripture that disproves your claim.

2.) Your inability to form clear, coherent, concise sentences is indicative of your ignorance. I am not attacking your lack of education. However, it is highly improbable that you have any knowledge of Greek, Latin, Hebrew, and obviously not Aramic, yet lack the ability to understand grammar and syntax.

Thus, it is reasonable to conclude that you have no knowledge of anything pertinent to adds constructively to the conversation.

A total and complete refutal of the Catholic church.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X