Lt. Calley's betrayal of his country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt. Calley's betrayal of his country

On March 29, 1971 Lt. William L. Calley was convicted of the premeditated murder of 22 unarmed Vietnamese civilians.

The purpose of the U.S. military is to protect this nation and its constitutional rights and freedoms. Calley betrayed that purpose.

Some on TOL have maligned the military for doing its job. Why?

Lt. Calley is a war criminal and received a life sentence for his crime. His sentence was commuted to time served by President Nixon and he was paroled in November, 1974.

Originally posted by jamie View Post
    Some on TOL have maligned the military for doing its job. Why?
    Ah, the hyper-pacifists malign our military, but have no response as to why they do.

Comment

Ah, the hyper-pacifists malign our military, but have no response as to why they do.
      And who said that Calley was correct in what he did?
      He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
        And who said that Calley was correct in what he did?
        That's the point, the military doesn't condone murder. They are there to defend.

Comment

That's the point, the military doesn't condone murder. They are there to defend.
          Well good grief, I hope so.
          He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
            Well good grief, I hope so.
            There is at least one person who believes men and women should not serve their country.

I don't know why they believe that way and they are evidently not going to say why.

I suppose they must actually believe like I do that the military is a good thing.

Good for them.

Comment

There is at least one person who believes men and women should not serve their country.
              I believe you are talking about me.

You are making false accusation and it is no surprise. You don't understand Jesus' simple teaching so you cannot read my statements.

Listen, I said Christians should not be pro-military. I made sure that Christians have no business butting in to the politics.

The war is politics. You see, your confusion comes from not understanding Jesus' basic teachings, period.

Is English your mother tongue? It does not seem like it.

Comment

And you always seem to disappear when or after you make this kind of dishonest claim.

Comment

I don't know why they believe that way and they are evidently not going to say why.

I suppose they must actually believe like I do that the military is a good thing.

Good for them.
                  All wars are banker wars so the cold hard facts show patriots are ihnor

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app
                  Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

Comment

Originally posted by meshak View Post
                    I believe you are talking about me.
                    Why do you believe a nation should not protect itself?

If we don't protect ourselves, who will?

Did Israel or Judah ever try to defend itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeke View Post
                      All wars are banker wars so the cold hard facts show patriots are ihnor
                      Should we defend ourselves?

Comment

Should we defend ourselves?

You may defend yourself but if you want the Lord to defend you then get about teaching His word and doing it, not arming yourself to the teeth in case someone attacks you.

The USA mostly lives in fear because the majority trusts in guns and money, and so many have killed for no good reason.

Trust in the Lord.

Psa 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

LA
                        My theology is that the elect of Israel became the scattered church among the nations, and when filled up with the full number of gentiles who believe to become one with them, then Christ will return and gather them, and God will then pour out His wrath on the unbelievers of both Jew and Gentile.

Comment

Why do you believe a nation should not protect itself?

If we don't protect ourselves, who will?

Did Israel or Judah ever try to defend itself?
                          I already explain it but either you just don't get it or not willing the accept Jesus' word.

I will explain again for the public:

Jesus says to love your enemy. You don't love your enemy by destroying them.

He also says His followers are not the of world.

He also says let the dead bury their own dead. The world is dead spiritually.

These are all Jesus' word, so if you claim to be a Christian, you better uphold it.

You are trying to push world's standards and mentality to your faith. Your faith is not Christianity, it is merely "humanism" point of view.

I don't think you want to understand since your priority is not being true to Jesus. Your point of view is political and worldly.

Comment

Originally posted by meshak View Post
                            Jesus says to love your enemy. You don't love your enemy by destroying them.
                            Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Love of self is not allowing someone to destroy you.

You pervert Jesus' teachings.

Comment

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. Love of self is not allowing someone to destroy you.

You pervert Jesus' teachings.
                              Your view is not of Jesus. It is of the world. You don't like Jesus' teaching. What you are doing is disregarding all inconvenient teaching.

Comment

Working...
                              X