John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagles Wings

Unitarians are flammable

16649285_1365228393548408_7020686261331351793_n.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Except for the articulate and poignant posts of the Reformed, this entire thread is flammable.:)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Lazy says Jesus didn't raise himself and she/he calls me a liar for saying he did.

Let the Reader judge for themselves.

Jesus says God gave him the authority to raise himself:

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

All can see now that Lazy is the liar and goes against God's Truth.

It is amazing how you say I called you a liar, then you call me a liar.

OK you are a liar.

Jesus did not raise Himself from the dead.

The Father spoke through Jesus so often.

That does not mean Jesus is the Father in a human body of flesh as you claim.

It means that the Father was dwelling in the full human Jesus who has His own spirit even to this day.

Jesus fully died or our spirit could not be resurrected.

You do not know it but your views are from spiritualism, satanism, talking to the dead etc.

LA

God's Truth

It is amazing how you say I called you a liar, then you call me a liar.

OK you are a liar.

You do call me a liar.

You are the liar about me, and more importantly, you lie about the written Word of God.

Jesus did not raise Himself from the dead.

Jesus says he did. He says the Father gave him the authority to do it.

The Father spoke through Jesus so often.

That does not mean Jesus is the Father in a human body of flesh as you claim.

It means that the Father was dwelling in the full human Jesus who has His own spirit even to this day.

Jesus fully died or our spirit could not be resurrected.
You claim Jesus' spirit was no more after he died physically, but you have said that our spirits live in our dead bones in the grave. LOL That is what you said before; and what you confirm now. So according to your beliefs, our spirits stay in our bones when we die, but Jesus' spirit was no more after he died.

That is ALL false teachings.

You do not know it but your views are from spiritualism, satanism, talking to the dead etc.

LA

That is what your views are.

You go against God Himself.

King James Bible
No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

Just believe what is written.

You claim Jesus DISOBEYED his Father.

God's Truth

Matthew 26:53
Are you not aware that I can call on My Father, and He will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

John 2:19
Jesus answered, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again."

John 5:26
For as the Father has life in Himself, so also He has granted the Son to have life in Himself.

John 14:31
But I do exactly what the Father has commanded Me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Get up! Let us go on from here.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You claim Jesus' spirit was no more after he died physically, but you have said that our spirits live in our dead bones in the grave. LOL That is what you said before; and what you confirm now. So according to your beliefs, our spirits stay in our bones when we die, but Jesus' spirit was no more after he died.

That is ALL false teachings.

You are incapable of understanding or repeating what I have said.

"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

That verse does not prove Jesus raised Himself from the dead.

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

LA

God's Truth

You are incapable of understanding or repeating what I have said.

"No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father."

That verse does not prove Jesus raised Himself from the dead.

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

LA

God raised Jesus from the dead.

Acts 2:32; Rom. 10:9, 1 Pet. 1:21.Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

Romans 8:11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

Jesus himself lives in the saved.

1 Peter 3:18 1 Peter 3:18 Because The Messiah also died once for the sake of our sins, The Righteous One in the place of sinners, to bring you to God, and he died in body and lived in his Spirit.

(Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is his Spirit.)

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

The Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

Jerry Shugart

A Unitarian interpretation of scripture still holds as a tenable, rational and logical composite thru which to understand one's relationship to God, and God's relationship to His Son.

Let us look at the Unitarian interpretation of the meaning of "son of Man" but first let us look how Paul used the term "son of..." when speaking to a sorcerer named Elymas:

"O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?"
(Acts 13:10).​

Of course Paul was not saying that Elymas was a literal son of the devil. Instead, he was saying that the "nature" of Elymas is that of the devil.

So when it is said that the Lord Jesus is the "son of man" what is being said that His nature is that of man. And when it is said that He is the "son of God" what is being said is that His very nature is that of God.

Now let us look at the way that the Unitarians understand the term "son of man" in regard to the Lord Jesus. The say:

"He did not 'toot his own horn,' but instead called himself 'the son of man,' which, in the Aramaic language he spoke, meant 'a man'" (biblicalunitarian.com).​

Since in the Aramaic language the term "son of man" means "man" then we can understand that in the same language the term "son of God" means "God."

Jerry Shugart

Jesus and his earliest disciples/apostles would surely be 'Unitarian' by catagory.

Paul certainly was not Unitarian. Let us look at this verse which speaks of the appearing of the Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

The following passage speaks of us looking for that appearance and the "glory" which we will see will be the Lord Jesus' "glorious body":

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21).​

The following verses are also speaking of the same "appearance" and the same "glory":

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" (1 Jn.3:2).​

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

So the "glory" in the following verse is referring to the glorious body in which we will see the Lord Jesus when He will appear:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

Lon

Lon,

You have no idea.

God is love.

You make up a lot of words which mean nothing except in your own mind.

LA

:doh: When did you become a new age non-Christian as well? You know better than this whether you admit it or not. Pride and inane agenda caused you to interject today. :(

You oddball leopards eventually show all your weird closets so people can avoid you all-together. I reported this as trolling. It is nothing but a personal attack. This thread is about Calvinism.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:doh: When did you become a new age non-Christian as well? You know better than this whether you admit it or not. Pride and inane agenda caused you to interject today. :(

You oddball leopards eventually show all your weird closets so people can avoid you all-together. I reported this as trolling. It is nothing but a personal attack. This thread is about Calvinism.

Your whole post to freelight was a personal attack and you just keep boasting about your education as if that means you speak truth.

You like to say whatever you like to people then run to the mods like a little baby who lost their lolly.

You seem to love yourself too much.

LA

Lon

:thumb:

My commentary holds,...let readers discern and decide what is true. They have the freedom to choose for themselves.

Christians (people who have actually read a Bible) will follow the Lord. Men will render where their hearts already are. I'm trying to give you reason and clear thinking that will change yours. There is only you and I here. Some few may read us further but this is about you and I as is most of forum posting. I'd like to augment your thoughts about our reach as well. You don't see it, but a lot of my posts to you aren't selfish pride. Pride in truth and God, yes, but with you, I'm trying to get you to rely on someone (me - other Christians) who thinks more clearly and the God who is. LA is opposed to pride of any kind too, because Christians shoot him down daily for his error. The thing is, I WANT my errors shot down. We are different. There is a reason to listen.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you remember when you said our spirits live in our dead bones in the grave after we die? Don't you remember you asked if I have ever been to a cemetery after I laughed?

You can not even grasp the simplest things of scripture.

It means that a dead mans spirit is with his bones, not in Heaven.

When they threw the dead man on Elisha bones then he came to life because the Holy spirit was with His bones and that shows that Elisha's spirit was also with his bones.

The idea that your spirit goes to Heaven if you die is false, because it would mean, if it were true, that death brings mens spirits to Heaven and no such idea is in all scripture.

LA

Lon

Your whole post to freelight was a personal attack and you just keep boasting about your education as if that means you speak truth.

You like to say whatever you like to people then run to the mods like a little baby who lost their lolly.

You seem to love yourself too much.

LA
:nono: I love TOL too much. You agreed to not derail threads when you signed up here. If you cannot follow what you agreed to do, you should be held accountable for it regardless of your inability. It amounts to emoting from you, not me. You don't let reason rule your actions. This discussion is about New Age rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ. He deems God a tyrant from ALL Christian perspective, not just Calvinism. As such, I'm addressing his faulty thinking. I'd have thought you were against his rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ. You've shown you don't care about that, but are more concerned with my past interactions with you and how it seemed to hurt you rather than truth. Such is a poor reason for posting on TOL today. You've sided against his rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ, today. Should I applaud? Was that laudable? Were you discerning today? Do you ever wonder that I spend time correcting you too? Your theology has a lot more emoting to it than clear thinking. You were terrible in your thinking today. -Lon (some of this is about the thread, unfortunately a lot of it is correcting your lack of discernment and impropriety :( )

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
John Calvin taught that God predestinates people to hell before they are born. This is probably one of the worst doctrines ever conceived by the un-regenerated, twisted, perverted mind of man. What is even more shocking is that there are tens of thousands that accept and believe his doctrine. John Calvin also taught that some people were the elect and that they were special to God, while others were fuel for the fire.

Hitler believed that the Jewish people were the scum of the earth and should be annihilated. He murdered about 6 million of them before he was stopped. Hitler also believed that the German people were the master race and that they were special to God. If you were not German you were sub human. Hitler not only murdered Jews, he also murdered tens of thousands of people with physical and mental defects. He was trying to get rid of everyone that was offensive to the German master race.

Are there some parallels here between what John Calvin believed and what Hitler believed? I think that there is. They both believe that humans should be destroyed. This is the Spirit of Satan. Satan is the destroyer. I believe that when God announced to the angels in heaven that he was going to create a race of humans that would be greater than angels and that the angels would be subject to them, that there was rebellion in heaven, Revelation 12:7. Satan and his group were expelled from heaven and are still here on the earth today. They are demons. One of these demons got into the mind of John Calvin and convinced him that God predestinates people to hell before they are born.

I have found that people reflect in their lives what they believe about God. Muslims believe that Allah is a warring God. The Koran says, "Kill the infidels" (unbelievers) This is why Muslims think that they are doing God service when they murder people. Hitler thought he was doing God service by murdering the Jews. Hitler's excuse for murdering the Jews was that they were responsible for the crucifixion of Christ and because of that they needed to terminated.

John Calvin was the tyrant of Geneva. Here are some of his recorded atrocities.

1. During the ravages of the pestilence in 1545 more than twenty men and women were burned alive.
2. From 1542 to 1546 fifty eight judgments of death and twenty six decrees of banishment were passed.
3. During the years 1558 and 1559 the cases of various punishments for all sorts of offences amounted to four hundred and fourteen.
4. One burgher smiled while attending baptism: three days in jail.
5. Another,tired out on a hot summer day, went to sleep during a sermon, was sentenced to prison.
6. Some workmen ate pastry at breakfast: three days on bread and water.
7. Two burgers played skittles: prison.
8. Two others diced for a quarter bottle of wine: prison.
9. A blind fiddler played and danced: expelled from the city.
10. Another praised Castello's translation of the Bible: expelled from the city.
11. A girl was caught skating. A widow threw herself on her husbands grave. A burgher offered his neighbor a pinch of snuff during a divine service: they were summoned befor the Consistory, exhorted and orfdered to do penance.
!2. Some cheerful fellows at Epiphany stuck a bean in a cake: twenty four hours on bread and water.
13. A couple of peasants talked about business matters on coming out of church: prison.
14. A man played cards: he was pilloried with a pack hung around his neck.
15. Another sang riotiously in the streets was told, "they could go sing elsewhere" this meaning that he was banished from the city.
16. Two burgees had a brawl: executed.

The death penalty against heresy, idolatry and blasphemy and barbarous customs of torture were retained. Attendance at public worship was commanded on penalty of three sols. Watchmen were appointed to see that people went to church. The members of the Consistory visited every house to see that people went to church. The members of the Consistory visited every house once a year to examine the faith and the morals of the family> Every unseemly word and act on the streets was reported and the offenders were cited before the Consistory to be either censored and warned, or to be handed over to the council for severer punishment. (Compiled by Jack Moorman)

Just before Hitler began murdering the Jews he imposed sever sanctions upon them. If John Calvin would have lived long enough he would have become another Hitler.

Elitism is one of the more serious sins of humanity. To be an "elite" means that you are one of the more choicest part of a social group. Calvinist refer to these people as the "elect". They are the elect because they believe that they have been chosen by God to be his very own special people and the rest have been condemned to hell as worthless trash. If this is what you believe that God does, or is what God is like, you do not posses the Holy Spirit and are not a Christian. Christians are saved and justified by faith. We have faith that God is holy, Just, merciful and righteous. You cannot and will not be saved if you believe that God is a Nazi that delights in predestinating people to hell.

The OP is correct. There is no other way that any normal person can see it.

LA

Status
Not open for further replies.